Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camellia Oil

Quoted from http://www.natural-dermabrasion.com/camellia.html:

<i>Silkia? camellia oil delivers the benefits of Retinol, Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) and other chemical acid based anti-aging products, but without their irritating side effects.mono-unsaturated Oemga-3 fatty acid and other essential fatty acids such as Omega-6 Linoleic acid. Its Oleic acid composition is the highest among all natural oils. Studies of Oleic and other fatty acids have proven that they are an excellent emollient, and a remarkable natural agent for the retention and enhancement of skin moisture. A lack of lipid or fatty substances will impair the skin's ability to retain moisture. These substances in human skin decline as we age and this is a key factor in drier skin as we mature.

Studies have demonstrated that Oleic acid has unparalleled penetration power, capable of permeating deeply into the lower layers of the stratum corneum to greatly enhance the beneficial effects of collagen and elastin, i.e. rejuvenating cell growth to give skin support and flexibility. Oleic acid is known as an excellent transdermal carrier of cell rebuilding nutrients and bioactive compounds (collagen and elastin) into the skin to repair the damage caused by dryness, sun exposure and other factors. The result is restoration of the skin's elasticity, significant improvement in skin texture as well as elimination or remarkable reduction of fine lines and small wrinkles.

In the same token, camellia oil's penetrative capability into skin tissue cells stimulates the growth of hair follicles, promotes healthy hair growth and in some cases restores hair loss.

It is compatible with your skin. The human skin is a natural filtering system that best accepts skincare products with natural ingredients - ingredients similar to those formed by the body itself. Your skin will not reject these substances, therefore boosting its ability to utilize them and hence replenish itself. Oleic acid is the main fatty acid in human skin lipids (ingredients found in skin including fatty acids and fats). It is the main fatty acid produced by the human sebaceous or oil glands. This means that the composition of camellia oil is very similar to that of the fatty acids of human skin. As a result, camellia oil can be easily and effectively absorbed into the skin to work in synergy with the skin's own natural system to nourish cell membranes, replenish skin lipids, accelerate skin rejuvenation and stimulate hair growth. Camellia oil's natural ingredients are able to restore and revitalize skin and hair from the inside out.</i>

Sound like a miracle pdt! Any ladies tried it, does it work?
    Last edited by candeecake; 08-12-2004, 12:35 AM.

Ohh, I have been checking up on camelia seed oil too! Even got my friend who was travelling in hkg to get a bottle for me but alas, she did not manage to find the store.

I have got a sample, the texture is quite thick but did not clog my pores. However did not use this regularly and hence can't comment on it's effectiveness.

Am contemplating to order online though...

Last edited by alba; 15-12-2004, 09:21 AM.

Comment

it sounds good but it is not available in sg is it?

Comment

nah, i just ordered from us together with the epidermx spree.
        will keep you girls informed about the effectiveness.

Oop... us *** be reads as US (States)..
        Last edited by alba; 17-12-2004, 09:03 AM.

Comment

i'm quite interested to try and join the spree then. can i request for samples only? how much is the retail size and for how many ml?

Comment

Spree has ended already...
            You can buy some samples from ebay.

Try checking the thread for Epidermx, there's a few links for sample buys there.

Happy Holidays
            Last edited by alba; 17-12-2004, 09:13 AM.

Comment

anybody know if this break u up

Comment

Oh :wow: thanks for sharing all those links with us, Chris!

Natural oils seem to have the same properties, eh? I first heard of it here (thanks to Aphrael) about rose hip oil. I've been on it for a week now. I can't say it works super duper well. From glowing testimonials of users of such oils, it seems quite next to impossible you need depend on just one product to perform miracles like fading scars and erasing wrinkles. I don't really feel my skin's hydrated enough.. or perhaps I just don't know :huh:

I prefer Aesop's rose treatment oil. It has carrot seed oil and kiwi extract as well. In comparison, Kosmea's 100% organic rose hip oil serves more to regulate oil production than hyrate the skin, much to my surprise (or perhaps I just don't know - again).

Comment

bumping this thread

just got camellia oil and been using it on the ends of my hair. my hair's not felt so soft and healthy in a long time

trick is to apply only a very small amount, 4 - 6 drops on wet hair ends, no more and not on dry hair

i've tried jojoba oil and other oils, they're all too heavy. camellia oil however is another thing altogether. i applied a small amount on my damp body after my shower and the next day my skin was so soft and smooth! actuallly it was so soft that i scraped my skin off against a rubber striping on my washing machine the next day. wasn't the first time it happened but this time it was a dollar coin sized chunk whereas before i had only small nicks

Comment

My mom loves this product. I usually get it for her in HKG though. There's no particular shop or brand but some brands combine Olive oil with camellia. Mom says the pure one's better though.

It's getting more difficult to find camellia oil so try the older looking medical halls if you're in HKG. Actually.. it sounds a lot like other oils eg RHO, HABA etc. =p

Comment

Originally posted by Cheechee View Post
                      My mom loves this product. I usually get it for her in HKG though. There's no particular shop or brand but some brands combine Olive oil with camellia. Mom says the pure one's better though.

It's getting more difficult to find camellia oil so try the older looking medical halls if you're in HKG. Actually.. it sounds a lot like other oils eg RHO, HABA etc. =p
                      Oh! They have camellia oil in Singapore. The Japanese have been using it on their hair for decades. Geisha uses it with their boxwood combs. I bought some in Japan, but found them in Nishino pharmacy in Takashimaya basement.

Comment

Working...
                      X