Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo Rejuvenation

hello all,

recently I've received promo news on this treatment at some spa/salon for only $63 per session; and am pretty interested.

So I'd like to find out now if anyone has done this sort of treatment before... where is it, how much and any comments about it.

Thanks
    Last edited by GG; 19-12-2004, 04:46 PM.

I believe Photo Rejuvenation is same as IPL, Intense Pulse Light treatment. HTHs.

Comment

How is IPL differs from cool touch?

Comment

So have you tried the Photo Rejuvenation treatment yet? Or anyone has tried it?
        I saw some ads about it, prices look affordable. But I am not sure what kind of post treatment care is needed.
        I am also afraid that it may make my skin tender or thin or susceptible to sun damage easily.

Anyone know about this treatment, please share your experience.

Comment

I tried afew sessions at a clinic in orchard area. It's pretty expensive I would say, for a five minutes session each time. The first few times I don't really notice much difference in the skin. But of course if its afew more sessions definitely it will show a clearer skin, smaller pores, and it helps to reduce redness on the skin especially.

Comment

Originally posted by ladyxiao View Post
            So have you tried the Photo Rejuvenation treatment yet? Or anyone has tried it?
            I saw some ads about it, prices look affordable. But I am not sure what kind of post treatment care is needed.
            I am also afraid that it may make my skin tender or thin or susceptible to sun damage easily.

Anyone know about this treatment, please share your experience.
            Hello! As what Huili said earlier, it's a fancy name for IPL etc. I tried this medispa's version of photo rejuvenation called DPL (dynamic pulsed light) and I quite like the results. Skin is fairer but maybe also because of the products they use there. No post treatment care required. I was new to this too so I asked the therapist a bunch of questions. No it will not make your skin tender or susceptible to sun damage. It was a bit scary at first for me. The therapist will cover your eyes with goggles and she will then systematically place the probe (where the light shines through) down the entire face. There will be sudden bursts of light and the light is very bright. That's why it was scary for me at first. But after a while, I got used to it.

The doctor of the medispa was in the lobby when I came out so I sneaked in a few questions about my pigments. He was very obliging although you know, doctors normally charge consult fee if you see them. ha ha! So I was very lucky. Anyway, it's nice to go to a place for facial where it's opened by a doctor. You know things won't go wrong. ha ha! The clinic is Halley Medical Aesthetics. Doctor's called Dr Terence Tan.

Hope this helps…

Comment

I just did my first IPL session with Trinity Aesthetics. First time trying and it was quite an experience.

But really, it wasn't painful (quite bearable) but more of like a bit shocking on my first time. Felt like rubber bands snapping rapidly on my skin.
              Basically this hand-held device emits high light energy into the deeper layers of the skin, stimulating collagen and removing pigmentation.

Very good for those with broken veins & capillaries, redness, enlarged pores, breakouts.

First time and I could already see a subtle difference. Will be updating here after I've completed a few cycles of IPL!

Comment

I live a long way from the city and the better spas, so I've been looking at ways to maybe do this in my own home. I've found a device called a Portable IPL Nanometer Facial Sprayer on PLEASINGCARE DOT COM, that seems to incorporate the IPL (red and blue light care), along with steam, so that the moisture is absorbed by skin cells below the surface. With the three technologies, it seems like it could be pretty effective in plumping up the skin with moisture and stimulating collagen.

Comment

Working...
                X