Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is mixing of skincare products good or bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is mixing of skincare products good or bad?

I used different brands of skincare products everyday and I've heard or read articles mentioning it's bad to regularly mix them. Just want to know from cotters, how many of you are doing the same as me?

And is it better to stick with a skincare system or it is ok to just mix them?

How long do you switch your products to a new one?
    Last edited by alyssa82; 07-03-2012, 11:43 AM.

I never stick to only one brand. Usually i will try out different brands. For example, eyes area i will use Estee Lauder, toner will be Kose, moisturiser will be Bioterm. So far i don't see anything bad to mix.

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa82 View Post
      I used different brands of skincare products everyday and I've heard or read articles mentioning it's bad to regularly mix them. Just want to know from cotters, how many of you are doing the same as me?

I personally think skincare system is just some marketing tactic.
      It usually centers around whatever star ingredient that the brand is using,
      but the fact is, you need a combination of various ingredients to keep your skin healthy,
      just as your body needs to eat a various combination of nutrition to be healthy.
      So I think it makes more sense to mix products.

But you have to bear in mind the purpose of the product and the ingredients it contains.
      For example you dont want to use face creams that contain AHA
      when you already use other product for exfoliation purpose,
      as you may end up over-exfoliating your face.

Also remember some active ingredients doesn't work well (deactivate) when used together,
      such as Vit.C & copper peptide, retinol & benzoyl peroxide, avobenzone & octinoxate, etc.
      so you might want to alternate them if you wish to use both products

Comment

I will also try different skincare products once I run out of them, even though the brand suited mine skin very well.
        because i think if you use one products all the time, it will gradually lost the function it brings to you at the first period of time. and i treat the eye skin very carefully, separated cream for my eyes from other skin area of face. VII CODE for eye cream, Estee Lauder for face cream and L'oreal for lotion..

Comment

Hey all! There is a NEW skincare range launching next week! And there will be free goodies and samples. All are welcome!
          But I heard you must register a seat first because seems like there's a good demand for it!

Here is the link ok? New in Town! | Peatix

I registered myself already. Hope to see any of you there too!

Sharing is caring

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa82 View Post

Initially was sticking to same brands but more recently I've been mixing and eventually found a combination I like

Started out using just Biotherm, then switched to SKII but the SKII creams were rich and gave me acne so stopped using the cream. Now I use SKII essence together with a Day Moisturiser I got from Gangnam Laser Clinic.

This moisturiser so far is the best one I have used because it is absorbed really easily and leaves my skin feeling smooth. I will definitely buy this moisturiser again.

I also use the cleanser from Gangnam Laser Clinic - not bad but my skin feels a bit dry with it.

Comment

I like to try different skincare too, until I find the best one which suits my skin.

Comment

agree with one of the posters above about marketing ploy, i'm not convinced that any one range or brand will suit the skin of most people.

Comment

agree with one of the posters above about marketing ploy, i'm not convinced that any one range or brand will suit the skin of most people.

Comment

Mixing is fine, why not? I used to use Dermalogica to wash my face, then rose toner, moisturizer all from different brands! Sometimes your skin will get used to the brand you always use and won't work as well so it's always good to switch around
                    Currently using Sara Shantelle, Shu Uemura if anyone's interested

Comment

Working...
                    X