Japanese skincare: favorites?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japanese skincare: favorites?

My trip is really booked now, and I am going to Japan in April, in the heart of sakura season! I am so very excited! I will be in Tokyo and Kyoto, and want to make sure I use my time wisely and pick up some really great skincare items while I am there! I am in the US, so I don't have easy access to many of the items that are Asia-only.

What are your favorite Japanese skincare brands? I am trying to make a budget and list of items I want to search for while in Japan. Skincare has always been my major concern, and I adore Japanese skincare the best!

I really like gentle whitening lines as well (witout hydroquinone) so if you have any recs on those, I'd be really happy. But anything you rec, I'd love to hear about!

Have a nice day
    Last edited by gothicia; 13-08-2008, 09:39 PM.

Comment

KOSE skincare range !

Especially the famous Sekkisei Lotion!

Comment

I loves IPSA and PairAcne range!! PairAcne cleanser and cream are really great whenever my skin is in trouble state

Comment

Definitely Kose & Kesalan Patheran!

Comment

Komenuka Bijin

Comment

Kanebo there are many different ranges(BLANCHIR, FairCrea,FREYA etc), u can find your fav products from it

Comment

And all the Shiseido lines like ff makeup, majolica, and Dramatical mascaras! (search this board for some info.. not much maybe but you get an idea, at least)

Edited: Just realised you asked about skincare, not makeup Erm.. still Shiseido! Ha ha! But I don't have the names of the cheaper/drugstore lines under Shiseido (except ZA). Hope you find something and report back, eh!
                Last edited by Glossie; 17-01-2005, 01:07 PM.

Comment

I love & use these:

DHC Deep Cleasning Oil (available in 7-11 I hear)
                  IPSA Creamy Cleansing Milk (foamy cleanser)
                  Kose Sekkisei Lotion
                  And the rest are La Mer but I dare say I'd keep using the 1st three again & again

Have fun in Japan! I sure did & would go there again in a heartbeat.

Comment

Hope you have a wonderful trip in Japan. Well, i heard of Shiseido's Beauty Voltage series and it seems to be quite good. But the range is only sold in Japan and Taiwan. The Taiwan magazines seemed to have promote this range recently. The range seems to target at those ladies who wants to improve their glow on their faces. not really sure about this though.

Comment

I usually get kose skincare. U can get good promotion offers for skincare and makeup products in drugstores. It is a lot cheaper than in the departmental stores.

Comment

anyone can advise what is the good skin care products from Japan. I'm keen to buy sunblock, facial mask and eyes mask. Pls. recommend me, thank you!

Comment

buy things that are as natural as possible

Comment

Sunblock - Fancl is much cheaper in Japan, or you can try Sofina range (highly raved in www.makeupalley.com). Facial mask - too many to choose, go to any drugstore and ask recommendations, depends on what you want - hydration, whitening, etc. Eye mask - try Shiseido Revitalift eye mask. It's very expensive here, should be cheaper in Japan. Natural range - look for Haba products. White Lady for gentle whitening. Other whitening product not available here is Shiseido Haku Melanofocus. Supposed to be highly raved, but not available here. Kose and Shiseido products very easily found all over the place - in drugstores and supermarkets too.

Comment

Originally posted by chiaberry View Post
                              Sunblock - Fancl is much cheaper in Japan, or you can try Sofina range (highly raved in www.makeupalley.com). Facial mask - too many to choose, go to any drugstore and ask recommendations, depends on what you want - hydration, whitening, etc. Eye mask - try Shiseido Revitalift eye mask. It's very expensive here, should be cheaper in Japan. Natural range - look for Haba products. White Lady for gentle whitening. Other whitening product not available here is Shiseido Haku Melanofocus. Supposed to be highly raved, but not available here. Kose and Shiseido products very easily found all over the place - in drugstores and supermarkets too.
                              I'm so glad to both your reply. Will do out for it out there.
                              Thank you

Comment

Working...
                              X