X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hoochiepikes
    replied
    Hi all,

I've been seeing Dr. Louisa Tan since the time when she was with Niks Maple Clinic. As I felt she was the only doctor who knew my skin well, I followed her to her own practice (The S.K. Med Clinic) after she left Niks.

I've been onto my second session of laser at SK Med. However, this second session left me disappointed. My acne scars mainly focus on the forehead and jawline area. During the treatment, she directed the laser on my jawline and conveniently missed out the forehead area. She also did not up the laser frequency that was used since my first session. As a patient, I expect myself to be getting what I paid for, considering laser isn't cheap. However, now I feel that I paid double only to receive half the treatment.

As the frequency of the laser was not increased, I only saw a slight improvement in my jawline area, which was not what I expected as I had 2 sessions of laser done with Niks as well, and could predict the extent of improvement I should be seeing. Also, as she did not target the laser on my forehead, my forehead scars still remain. During the treatment, Dr.Tan gave me the impression she was rushing through the procedure. I suppose it could be because there were 2 other patients awaiting treatment. However, I feel that such an attitude is not right for any doctor if he/she wants to retain patients.

Going forward, I should be moving on to find a new doctor, or return to Niks as I never had such an unpleasant experience with Niks before. This is an unpleasant experience and it left me disappointed considering I had so much faith in Dr. Tan.

Leave a comment:

• esorfa
    replied
    Hi may I know if it is possible to just buy the BB cream from her? Without consultation?

Leave a comment:

• MelodineHoward
    replied
    hey peeps thought i'll share this with you guys. went back today for a review and decided to have a BBL done on impulse = p, was pleasantly surprised that dr tan gave me a 10% discount as part of the clinic's june hols laser treatment promotions! should have brought along girlfriend and the discount becomes 15% apparently! don't miss out if you are intending to have your zap zap done!

Leave a comment:

• ahkiam19
    replied
    Hi,
    I decided to add in my feedback too!
    I have been seeing dr tan in niks for the last few years. My condition did improve but there were times tt my condition flares up. However, i must admit that i wasnt able to go back regularly for the consultations. After niks moved out of wcp, I went to the niks je, since it was much more convenient for me.unfortunately, what the dr in je did was just checking with me what was prescribed to me earlier and continued with it first. I felt that she did not based it on her own observations, but relying on past history.

My skin flared up recently, and I decided to go back to dr tan. She still remembers me and check on my condition before prescribing the medicine.
    Long list of items though:
    Consultation 40
    Cleanser 22
    Aloe soothe 18
    Rash cream 8
    Moisturiser 11
    Soothe e 25 think its like the golden nuggets
    Blemish spot 7
    Stieva a 6
    Acne eraser 16
    Clindagel 24
    Total damage 177

Hopes my skin condition improves! she did caution me that it may worsen first and it will be a long process since I prefer not to take oral medication.
    Hope to see more sharing from skmed !

Leave a comment:

• ReginaPhua
    replied
    The BBL is $300/session. If you take up 5 sessions, there's a 10% discount.

Leave a comment:

• ReginaPhua
    replied
    Check out my review here!

SHARING A LITTLE WON'T HURT

Leave a comment:

• fattybonbons
    replied
    hey I visited Dr Tan last mth too and her medicine are quite effective in treating my acne! She prescribed me ALOT of medication, i find her pimple solution thing very effective in drying the pimple! Unfortunately I'm left with a lot of acne scars. I'm going overseas in a few more weeks so I don't think I should start on laser or chemical peels for the time being. May I know what products does she usually prescribe for scars? So far I think she only prescribed me AHA for scarring. I like her moisturiser but it is super ex. $15 or $16 for so little. I find her bb cream quite dark though (the light one is too light) and coverage is quite limited. Just my two cents worth:D

Leave a comment:

• christie
    replied
    Hi Denzel,

Sk Med Clinic is at West Coast Plaze. You can google for the address. Dr Tan's consultation for skin issues is S$40. Most products she prescribes on first visits are trial sizes which is great!

In any case, I have stopped going to Dr Tan temporarily because I sought alternate treatment from TCM - Yong Kang Medical Hall. Dr Tan is good but my acne was very persistent (even she commented on the persistence). I have seen improvements but they don't clear completely and I was a little uncomfortable with taking antibiotics and Spirolon in case I got pregnant. Yong Kang's medication has cleared up 95% of my acne and costs only $170 a month. I also don't have to take the Chinese medicine for long - probably 1 to 2 months and TCM medication is relatively safe. My family and friends have witnessed the vast improvements (more so than the improvements they've seen when I was with Dr Tan at SK Med or Niks), so I have to say the results are very obvious. In fact, it's the fastest I have ever seen results - just 4 to 5 days after taking the Chinese medication. I didn't quite believe it myself and thought it was just a super lucky "pimple-free week" (which I haven't had for a long time) but the results has lasted thereafter until now (which is my 4th week). Try it, if you're like me, have used all sorts of oral and topical medications for acne over the decade. Oh by the way TCM believes it is heatiness in some parts of your body that gives rise to acne... I do suspect that I will have to take the Chinese medication again for acne some time in future since I love spicy food etc, that adds to heatiness.

I still plan to go back to Dr Tan for laser to fade the scars after completing a second month of Chinese medicines. The Sciton BBL laser is great in reducing redness.

Hope it helps!

Originally posted by denzel_4107 View Post
    Hi Christie, can i know where is the clinic you mentioned regarding Dr Tan?
    and is her consultation fee expensive each time?

Because i have been patronizing hougang a Dr for years but most of the time, it could only control but not to prevent ... still always have lots of acne. and scars ttoo

Leave a comment:

• MelodineHoward
    replied
    Hi! I don't have the receipt with me anymore but I remember it to be around $1000 for both procedures, including cost for the numbing cream. I don't know about the severity of your scars you should check with her. Mine was pretty deep scars and she mentioned BBL will not help with the deeper scars much. Hope this help! Oh I'm also using her BB cream and it works really well with covering the scars without making me feel that I've thick make up on

Leave a comment:

• fattybonbons
    replied
    Originally posted by MelodineHoward View Post
    Hi!
    Thought I'll share my experience with everyone here.
    I had my first fractional CO2 done when she was still with niks, didn't see much improvement despite suffering for close to 2 months post procedure and it took about 1 months plus before I could even step out of the house without scaring someone. Recently, I visited her at her new clinic and she suggested for me to try out the microlaser peel and the profractional treatment with the new machine called sciton that she specially brought in for her new clinic. I have to say that I was extremely pleased with the results! (I had really bad acne problem when I was young and didn't knew how to deal with it, left me lots of acne marks).
    The downtime for the profractional was only approximately one week (she said she set the procedure to pretty high power as my scars were deep).
    As much as there were some redness which was part of the recovery phases, those could be easily covered by the bb cream I got from her (I was pleasantly happy to find darker tone bb cream from her range of products as my skin tone is towards the darker side).
    It has been 2 months plus since I had the treatment and I'm really happy with the results, much smoother skin and the marks were not as obvious as before.
    I'll probably go back to her for a few more sessions to achieve the level of smoothness I have always wanted.
    Do consult her, she is very friendly and helpful too. And not as pushy as some other doctors I've consulted before.
    Hi I am considering going for the micro laser peel or pro fractional treatment with Dr Tan during my upcoming holidays (since there's a downtime). May I know how much are both procedures and would I see effects if I only do the BBL? My scars are still red and fresh so they are not too deep. Thanks for your help!

Leave a comment:

• denzel_4107
    replied
    Hi Christie, can i know where is the clinic you mentioned regarding Dr Tan?
    and is her consultation fee expensive each time?

Because i have been patronizing hougang a Dr for years but most of the time, it could only control but not to prevent ... still always have lots of acne. and scars ttoo

Leave a comment:

• christie
    replied
    Great to finally see a review!

Anyway I went ahead to see Dr Tan at her new clinic shortly after my post above and have been doing regular skin peels with her every 3 weeks.
    As I just topped up my products from Niks/Maple then, she advised me to continue using most of them. In fact I only got 1-2 trial-size products from her since I saw her at her new clinic.

I still have crazy flare ups on my chin from time to time, so Dr Tan prescribed Spirolon (Hormone pills. Google for more info) and antibiotics for me. My skin hasn't been great despite all the dermatologists I've been to. They go through a rollercoaster journey - a couple years of ok skin (some comedones, occasional red pimples) and a couple years of horrible skin (lots of comedones, plenty of angry red pimples & scars), then the cycle repeats. I have seen improvements (less red pimples popping out daily) since starting the oral medication. The skin peels are OK. They help with the oiliness for 4-5 days and the effect fades shortly after. I treat it like a monthly facial since facial effects last a week for me as well.

I tried a few of sk Med's products and particularly LOVE the BB cream ($39 for full size. $15 for trial size). It is so much better than Niks and Skinfood (and many others I have tried from Sasa) because it is totally non-oily, less shiny but still gives a dewy look, very light and gives a slight better coverage than that of Niks'. It also doesn't oxidize for 7-8 hours on me (which is rare). With sK Med's BB cream, I use it daily and top up with BareMinerals concealor for scars, then set with Covermark loose powder. I have also tried sk Med's Chamomile cleansing cream. I think it's good that it's not drying and I like the smell and packaging better than Niks' but it is more expensive at $29 for 200ml. About the same price as Niks' except that I get a 10% off at Niks. I plan to use both interchangeably. I am waiting for my Niks Skin Repair Cream to run out to buy sk Med's moisturizer. Dr Tan applies the moisturizer for me after the skin peel and it definitely feels much lighter than Niks. Niks' Skin Repair is great in terms of moisturizing effect but honestly, I find the texture too thick and it takes a little longer to absorb. The thick texture is uncomfortable, especially if you have been (like me) been prescribed a 11-product regime at Niks.

Lastly, I hope Dr Tan comes up with a product brochure for her range of skincare products and places it in the clinic for easy access. I am just curious to check out what other stuff she has, since all the products are placed behind the counter.

Like Melodine, I do recommend Dr Tan for your skincare problems. Plus she's an eye-candy!

Leave a comment:

• MelodineHoward
    replied
    oops, accidentally posted it twice =p
    Last edited by MelodineHoward; 05-02-2013, 09:20 PM. Reason: oops, accidentally posted it twice =p

Leave a comment:

• MelodineHoward
    replied
    Hi!
    Thought I'll share my experience with everyone here.
    I had my first fractional CO2 done when she was still with niks, didn't see much improvement despite suffering for close to 2 months post procedure and it took about 1 months plus before I could even step out of the house without scaring someone. Recently, I visited her at her new clinic and she suggested for me to try out the microlaser peel and the profractional treatment with the new machine called sciton that she specially brought in for her new clinic. I have to say that I was extremely pleased with the results! (I had really bad acne problem when I was young and didn't knew how to deal with it, left me lots of acne marks).
    The downtime for the profractional was only approximately one week (she said she set the procedure to pretty high power as my scars were deep).
    As much as there were some redness which was part of the recovery phases, those could be easily covered by the bb cream I got from her (I was pleasantly happy to find darker tone bb cream from her range of products as my skin tone is towards the darker side).
    It has been 2 months plus since I had the treatment and I'm really happy with the results, much smoother skin and the marks were not as obvious as before.
    I'll probably go back to her for a few more sessions to achieve the level of smoothness I have always wanted.
    Do consult her, she is very friendly and helpful too. And not as pushy as some other doctors I've consulted before.

Leave a comment:

• LaBelle84
    replied
    you should try my regular doctor.. Dr KJ Wong at David *** Surgery... he doesn't charge consultation charges and so patient and friendly somemore! First session I didn't buy anything, I thought most doctors will be black face but he's still very nice! he's still very friendly even when I went back second session to do chemical peel... so far my friends now go to him and they are very happy... worth a try, no consult fee anyway

Leave a comment:

Working...
X