Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chiaberry
    replied
    Please note that with this technique using STRONG acids on your skin which can burn through into deeper layers of skin. And if you are not careful, you could burn a BIGGER hole than what is intended. Somemore individual skin can react unpredictably to the acid. Would you risk a bigger/deeper/darker scar?

Leave a comment:

• voix-
    replied
    Legolas: if you read the acne board carefully, you'll realise that it isn't so great. some of the before and after pics are due to lighting, makeup and so on. Also, most of the pics are taken when there are still some residual swelling from the trauma of the treatment, so it might not be an accurate portrayal of the healing of the scar. there has also been reviews where someone got it worse ie bigger and deeper hole after doing the TCA cross. also basically anyone with darker skin(most asians and darker) is rather prone to hyperpigmentation, so TCA isn't a good choice at all not only because of the hyperpigmentation but other risks that i mention for less than ideal results.

Leave a comment:

• Legolas
    replied
    erm nope. i know tca cross is sold online but the lack of clear instructions and the fact none other users have come out to rave about it probably means it's not popular.

Leave a comment:

• vera09
    replied
    hi, did you manage to find a doc who do the TCA cross in singapore yet?

Leave a comment:

• Aphrael
    replied
    I'm not certain what you're trying to say - have you tried Cooltouch and has it not worked on you? Cooltouch stimulates fibroblasts and work to a certain extent for scar reduction (usually superficial scarring) but for extensive scar tissue there isn't really any miracle treatment. The skin cells are already damaged and replaced by what's not normally there. You can't just excise the whole area and expect it to grow back even if there is such a treatment.

If laser doesn't work for you I don't think TCA treatment would. It just causes more scarring in what's essentially damaged. You should really go to a derm or plastic surgeon for a formal consult as to what peels are suitable.

Evidence for needling is scarce, and anecdotal at best. There isn't going to be a huge scientific community backing it up. And if you are prone to scarring in the first place, creating microchannels in the skin especially in Asian skintypes prone to post-scarring hyperpigmentation, may cause more trouble than it's worth.

Leave a comment:

• Legolas
    replied
    Originally posted by Aphrael
    For Asian skin, post-scarring hyperpigmentation can be a problem and TCA does cause some severe peeling/scarring. I suspect that's why it's not used commonly here. I also don't recommend you get it online even if it's available. It's very strong and there are other things out there like glycolic and lactic acid peels that are better for our skin.

hmm i'm aware of the strong concentration of tca 100% but i suppose if thing don't even work well on cooltouch etf i suppose is the way also...

btw anyone done needling to give any feedback ?

and is HEINZ apple cider vinegar good for the so called facial wash ?

Leave a comment:

• Aphrael
    replied
    For Asian skin, post-scarring hyperpigmentation can be a problem and TCA does cause some severe peeling/scarring. I suspect that's why it's not used commonly here. I also don't recommend you get it online even if it's available. It's very strong and there are other things out there like glycolic and lactic acid peels that are better for our skin.

Leave a comment:

• Legolas
    started a topic Tca Cross ?

Tca Cross ?

hi seems that the forum didn't touch much on this TCA thing. just wondering just any physicians etc do this locally ? i only know u can buy online thru ebay etc. anyone did this ? i heard it's quite popular overseas and it work well.

hmm and also where can i easily get apple cider vinegar easily ? thanks
Working...
X