Neo-Medrol Acne Lotion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neo-Medrol Acne Lotion

recently i bought this Nep-Medrol Acne Lotion, which also known as the Topical Antibiotic Glucocorticoid Acne Compound.

Each mL contains: methylprednisoloneacetate 2.5mg (0.25%)
    neomycin sulfate 2.5mg
    colloidal sulsuf 50mg
    aluminium chlorhydroxide complex 100mg

i tried to search for the infomation of the ingredients.. but i am still very lost. not too sure if this ingredients are good for the skin.

comparing the ingredients, is Neostrata a better choice? or this current one is already good enough?

sorry for asking so many questions, but i really hope that someone who are familiar with this kind of stuffs can fork out sometime to answer my questions... =)

I used Neo Medrol for a while, when my company still paid for it! Now they want to charge me $38 for that small bottle Anyway, it smells bad, but works! Not that drying for me either. I've not tried Neostrata, so cannot compare.

Comment

is this yellow in color? I think I got this from Dr Tan at Forum before, to be aplplied on spots.

Comment

yup, pale yellow. A thin lotion.

Comment

i got this from DRX at china sq too when i was breaking out. it worked pretty well on me and i've passed it to another cotter after my pimples calmed down. good stuff but not potent enough to shrivel the pimple in an instant.

Comment

I paid about $16+ IIRC from Dr Tan but that was many years ago.

Comment

I used this before, prescribed by a GP. It smelled bad maybe because of the sulphur content? But it worked for a while for me. Later on, I stopped using it because I saw more bumps surfacing out & it caused ugly redness on my skin after each application.

Comment

Originally posted by daphz
                I used Neo Medrol for a while, when my company still paid for it! Now they want to charge me $38 for that small bottle Anyway, it smells bad, but works! Not that drying for me either. I've not tried Neostrata, so cannot compare.
                I bought mine at $50 from a GP. He used to sell to me $10 for a very small bottle. Finally now selling me the original bottle( 30ml). It really works very well for me too! Your place charging you $38 for the original bottle?? Then can u tell me where is your place? Thanks

Comment

Dr Ong at Maple Clinic sells this too under the name "Acne Lotion"
                  I love this stuff!

Comment

How much is Dr Ong selling? Is she selling the original bottle( 30ml) or separated little small bottles? Thank You.

Comment

is this meant to be applied before or after moisturiser?

Comment

Originally posted by superBum View Post
                        How much is Dr Ong selling? Is she selling the original bottle( 30ml) or separated little small bottles? Thank You.
                        think she is selling $14 for a really small bottle. didnt ask abt the big bottle though.

i think it works too but the effect is losing on me so i don't find it effective anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by duckiee View Post
                          is this meant to be applied before or after moisturiser?
                          The very last step to go

Comment

Try getting it from Bangkok.. its wayyy much cheaper.. like less than $20 for a full-sized original bottle.

It worked for me but it takes time to calm those huge angry zits but for small ones, it's good.

Comment

teiko, thanks! i've been applying it before moisturiser

Comment

Working...
                              X