Needling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needling

anyone here done this b4 ? would like to see if there's any nice and reputable clinics that does this.

My colleague did that twice last year at a clinic in Delfi Orchard. Her face is so much smoother now, with a glow too. But must warn you that the 2 days after needling, the face will be very red and may be puffy, and it'll feel 'hot' like it has been scalded. Once the redness and puffiness are gone, it'll be alright. Just don't get into the sun for a week. Am tempted to try it, but scared of the after-effects or infection.

Comment

what is needling supposed to do?

Comment

Is this needling the same as the 'crystal facial'? Sorry don't know the exact term for it. But it's like scrubbing ur face with bits of 'crystal' & the after effect is a smoother & more radiant skin.

In case I am wrong above, can provide more info. on the needling? As in how much does it cost on average & how many times must I go for it in order to see results?

Comment

Crystal facial sounds like microdermabrasion to me. Needling (I googled and you could too) is done with tattoo or similar equipment, except that you aren't putting in any colour, but resurfacing the skin.

Comment

Originally posted by cassia
            My colleague did that twice last year at a clinic in Delfi Orchard. Her face is so much smoother now, with a glow too. But must warn you that the 2 days after needling, the face will be very red and may be puffy, and it'll feel 'hot' like it has been scalded. Once the redness and puffiness are gone, it'll be alright. Just don't get into the sun for a week. Am tempted to try it, but scared of the after-effects or infection.
            hi thanks for the info how much did ur colleague pay for (whole face) ?

i emailed dr lo.h about this and he said he does this but didn't reveal the price. from what i have seen from various forums regarding needling it's quite efficient against scars (cos needling breaking up the collagen that is holding the scars).

i'm now torn between using cooltouch and this but since needling is supposed to be cheaper (at least from what i heard)

Comment

it sounds OUCH! :eh:

Comment

Hi cassia, may i know which clinic and address does your collegue does this procedure at Delfi Orchard. i have heard of this needling from acne.org and it seems pretty effective against acne/chicken pox scars(pitted type) so i am interested in knowing this ...

Legolas, the Dr *** whom u mention is his clinic at Balestier? cause i heard of him doing a procedure called subcision which is pretty similar to needling except that a Doctor's nokor needle is used instead of a tattoo machine so i wonder if he does needling as well in addition to subcision or is that the same procedure you are referring to?

Thanks. hope to get more opinions on this procedure.

Comment

Originally posted by saresha
                  Crystal facial sounds like microdermabrasion to me. Needling (I googled and you could too) is done with tattoo or similar equipment, except that you aren't putting in any colour, but resurfacing the skin.
                  Thanks alot gal!

Yep, I will go & do more search on this ~ first time I heard of this term.

Comment

Originally posted by phantom
                    Hi cassia, may i know which clinic and address does your collegue does this procedure at Delfi Orchard. i have heard of this needling from acne.org and it seems pretty effective against acne/chicken pox scars(pitted type) so i am interested in knowing this ...

Legolas, the Dr *** whom u mention is his clinic at Balestier? cause i heard of him doing a procedure called subcision which is pretty similar to needling except that a Doctor's nokor needle is used instead of a tattoo machine so i wonder if he does needling as well in addition to subcision or is that the same procedure you are referring to?

Thanks. hope to get more opinions on this procedure.

hello there i have asked dr lo.h about this on email and he seems to express he don't recommend needling and in fact he said cooltouch works way better than this (the downtime and the effects etc)

and he only carries cooltouch 2 and he said there's other doc that carries CT3 which i'm more interested.

Comment

it sounds alot like subscision too except that it's done only on the scar. needling is done on the whole face? my doc wants to do subscison on me but there's a one week downtime.

Legolas, i didn't know there are so many versions of CT. do update on your results in the CT thread. all the best.

Comment

Have checked with my colleague. Sorry she didn't have the needling at Delfi, but at Paragon with Dr Joyce Lim (tel: 68349159). The surgery cost $600. Followed up by laser to boost cell renewal ($600 per session). She said the laser treatment is not necessary, depending on the individual. All in all, she had 3 laser treatments. Wow, that's $2400 altogether! A big sum of money!

Comment

here we are talking about pitted scars huh? :huh:

Comment

Originally posted by michannat
                            it sounds alot like subscision too except that it's done only on the scar. needling is done on the whole face? my doc wants to do subscison on me but there's a one week downtime.

Legolas, i didn't know there are so many versions of CT. do update on your results in the CT thread. all the best.
                            yes there 3 versions cooltouch 1 aka smoothbeam (toned down version of ct 1) and the recent ct 2 being used commonly now which assuming it does a better job in scar treatment. CT 3 is the newer version just rolled out not long and supposedly used for scars effectively but i have no idea where and which clinic that provides this

Comment

it sound like a painful and dangerous procedure to me????

any risks involved???

Comment

Working...
                              X