Construction Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Construction Site

hi... I am currently having my attachment in a construction site which is very very dusty... and i am having a major break out... any suggestions on how to protect my skin ???

thanks alot

i think you've to buy wet tissue to clean your skin more frequent so that the dust wont stick on your face whole day

Comment

wow thanks... i applied foundation today... hope can serve as a protection...

Comment

Sorry, I have dig this thread out again... I am now currently going to work in a construction... Well... I know a lot people thinks that I am crazy but it's okay...I got some problem I need to find out... How to I protect my skin of getting tan... I don't want to be darker then my boyfriend even though I don't mind getting a bit tan... But the problem is my boyfirned is fair... And working in this industry means standing under the sun most of the time since I am just a dip...(Deg student usually stay office)

Second thing is my skin is oily skin and I always got breakout... So it there a way to minimise the chance of breakouts???

Comment

Originally posted by chia_emily View Post
          Sorry, I have dig this thread out again... I am now currently going to work in a construction... Well... I know a lot people thinks that I am crazy but it's okay...I got some problem I need to find out... How to I protect my skin of getting tan... I don't want to be darker then my boyfriend even though I don't mind getting a bit tan... But the problem is my boyfirned is fair... And working in this industry means standing under the sun most of the time since I am just a dip...(Deg student usually stay office)

Second thing is my skin is oily skin and I always got breakout... So it there a way to minimise the chance of breakouts???
          I used to work in an Architectural firm and visiting site was part of my job (not a daily basis though). I still get tanned even though my SPF protection is high but at least no sun burnt. I tend to 'hide' my face with the drawings/file that i was holding, or talk to people under a shelter. Thankfully my SO is darker than me (he's still in the same industry).

To minimise breakout, think the only way is to clean properly at the end of the day. Use oil free products since you have oily skin.

Comment

Originally posted by chia_emily View Post

the thing is you can actually still get tanned even if you use a sunblock.because sunscreen only protects you from getting burned and not tanned.
            you must make sure that your sunblock is broad spectrum(protects both UVA,UVB)SPF tells you how long you can stay in the sun without getting burn.to find out the UVA protection you have to look at the ingredients that include zinc oxide, titanium dioxide,,Mexoryl SX and PA rating.if s suncreen doesnt have 1 of these ingredients,then it is not protecting you from UVA rays.
            and make sure you apply generously.about 20 cent size coin for whole face in order to reach the SPF that is stated in the box.for arms,legs,use more than a teaspoon for each limbs.
            and for your skintype,choose a fluid or gel one.

since you know the breakouts are due to oily skin,reduce oil control and it can helps to prevent zits,exfoliate regulary using exfoliants or scrubs, deep cleansing mask 2 times a wk.and for oily skin,best to used water based moisturiser that include(glycerin,cermides,sodium hyaluronate also known as hyaluronic acid. )avoid oil based ones as these will only caused more problems.your skincare,makeup should also be non comedogenic.
            Last edited by cocobelle; 18-07-2007, 02:49 PM.

Comment

have you tried shiseido anessa spf 50? i'm not sure about everyday usage, but it did help me from getting tanned when i was out in the sun for the whole day in sentosa.

Comment

Can try oral heliocare , it will prevent you from getting burn and reduce the amt of UV rays absorb but still need to apply topical sunblock. I take it when I am on holiday or when I need to be out for prolonged period outdoors.

Comment

Working...
                X