Singapore National Skin Centre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singapore National Skin Centre

I'm thinking of seeing a doctor at the national skin centre.
    gotten a referral letter from the polyclinic too.
    is it expensive?
    does it mean that if i have the referral letter, i'll get to see the doctor at a half price?
    also, is it really effective?
    my face has a sudden bout of pimples attack lately
    cant seem to get rid of them.
    i used to have VERY nice complexion, but its soo ruined now grrrr

hey girl, got this off nsc.com.sg

Consultation charges are tabulated below. (wef 1 Jan 2004) Medication, treatment and investigations are charged separately.

First Consultation
    Private
    (1) Senior Consultation $69.30
    (2) Consultant/Assoc Consultant $54.00
    Subsidized $21.00

Repeat Consultation
    Private
    (1) Senior Consultation $48.90
    (2) Consultant/Assoc Consultant $43.80
    Subsidized: $21.00

Comment

Nsc

I have been there as a private patient. I heard that being subsidised you pay a lot less. However, you can't choose your doctor. Personally, I would go as a private as I would rather choose my own doctor. I hear different doctors have different special interest. Say, I would feel comfortable going for a senior consultant who specializes in Dermatological & Laser Surgery if I was going for laser treatment to remove my pigmentation spots. I have been happy with the results so far and their services.

check out the list of the doctors available.

http://www.nsc.gov.sg/cgi-bin/WB_GroupGen.pl?id=20

Comment

hey,
        thanks for the information
        will check it out laters.

btw, the $21 does not include medication right?
        medication gotta pay separately?

Comment

$21 is only for the consultation. But the medication is heavily subsidised also

Comment

to get subsidise must go polyclinic see the doctor first???

Comment

Yes Dory, to get the subsidy, you have to get a referral from a doctor in polyclinic.

Comment

hmmmm if its heavily subsidized, it'll be super cheap right?
                i cant choose the doctor?

roughly how much should i bring for my skin appointment next friday?

ahhhh i really hate my face now!! grrr

Comment

Originally posted by artichoke
                  Yes Dory, to get the subsidy, you have to get a referral from a doctor in polyclinic.
                  what do you say to the doctor in the polyclinic? sorry for asking this stupid question but i simply couldn't figure it out was thinking of bringing my bf there

Comment

Oh its not stupid.... Don't worry.... Just tell the doc, " my bf has a lot of pimples on his face, can you refer him to the national skin centre??"If he says why don't you try ... first, then you tell him it doesn't work.Hope this will help you.....
                    Last edited by ohcura; 12-05-2005, 01:45 PM.

Comment

been there to treat my eczema but it turned out :booty:

the consultation was expensive but the medicine is real cheap, i got 2 tubes of cream around $5 plus but it doesn't worked on me.. has been using it faithfully yet no effect at all..

asked the doc wad's the cause of the ecezma and she simply told me it's small matter n don't scratch the wounds... she *** ensure me my wounds will heal in two weeks time... BUT until now it doesnt heal and got worse!! it's only i visited Dr Ong at Maple clinic den everythings starts to work well

Comment

Hi ohcura and simplyxuez,

Please refrain from using SMS short-forms, non-standard spelling, and Singlish expressions in your posts. The ***s appearing in your post are indicators that you might have used some of the above. CozyCot is a place where people from all over the world meet and share information. Typing out your words properly and writing in Standard English makes things easier to understand for everyone. This has been outlined in our Bulletin Forum Rules #5. Please edit your post accordingly.

Thank you for understanding!

Comment

hmm.. NSC works for me!
                          been going there for 1 yr plus and now ive stop consultations cos its all better now
                          i just have to continue the cream
                          no more antibiotics for me.

consultation was approx 50plus for the 1st visit
                          after that it was 40plus

medication was cheap cos its highly subsidized

Comment

Originally posted by ohcura
                            Oh its not stupid.... Don't worry.... Just tell the doc, " my bf has a lot of pimples on his face, can you refer him to the national skin centre??"If he says why don't you try ... first, then you tell him it doesn't work.Hope this will help you.....
                            thanks alot for the help! I'll just try it out one of these days. must drag him down coz he hates queueing up at the polyclinic

Comment

it is worth it to get the referral letter. It save alot of $$$. You wont regret of this. I remembered that the first visit, there will be 2 consultants. 1 Junior and 1 senior to confirm your skin condition. thus, the cost is higher.

Comment

Working...
                              X