Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• copper peptides for face

hey any girls heard of this?

i was told that copper peptides can stimulate collagen growth and is good....
    apparently, olay regenerist line of products contain peptides and im wondering whether it can help acne scars?

peptides are just amino acids.. otherwise known as your proteins, applying proteins on the face sounds weird....
    haha and by the way, copper is known to cause allergies in certain people like nickel do, so you might want to becareful if you have sensitive skin

Comment

copper peptides for anti-aging

i was reading about copper peptides on skinbio.com and dianayvonne.com and am quite amazed by the feedback and the progress pictures.

does anyone use this?

i'm looking for an alternative to retinols/AHAs/BHAs. now, i'm thinking whether i should buy neutrogena visibly firm serum or a sample of the cp & exfol serum to try out.

i'm actually quite excited!

Comment

how effective is copper peptides n where can we buy it?thx

Comment

leechie,

try the websites i posted?

Comment

Originally posted by v_ni View Post
            i was reading about copper peptides on skinbio.com and dianayvonne.com and am quite amazed by the feedback and the progress pictures.

does anyone use this?

i'm looking for an alternative to retinols/AHAs/BHAs. now, i'm thinking whether i should buy neutrogena visibly firm serum or a sample of the cp & exfol serum to try out.

i'm actually quite excited!

I think you should try neutrogena visibly firm first. There are also some horror stories of how the copper peptides made some people's skin sag irreversibly. They would only give you the success stories on the websites that sell them. Pls go to www.makeupalley.com or www.essentialdayspa.com and do a search under copper peptides to get more feedback. Anyway, if you do try, pls post here and tell us how you get along. V. interested to read your experience with this......

For the benefit of the others, copper peptides are not sold in Singapore yet. Olay regenerist does not contain copper peptides. The only drugstore product that does is sold in US. You can check it out on www.drugstore.com.
            http://www.drugstore.com/products/pr...28&catid=27516

Two other sites that sell copper peptides online are:
            www.ncnproskincare.com
            www.lurebeauty.com

There is good feedback on customer service from NCN on essentialdayspa forums.
            Last edited by chiaberry; 30-07-2008, 08:16 PM.

Comment

chiaberry,

thanks for the warning, i did read that the skin may sag before it got better....but i didn't know it could be irreversible.

the progress pictures look great tho.....

the only thing with the neutrogena serum is that it has quite a bit of silicones in the ingredient list so i'm not sure if i want to try that, i'm not particularly sensitive but i try to avoid.

if i were to get the cp serum, i guess the way is to start with really small amounts.
              Last edited by v_ni; 30-07-2008, 08:42 PM.

Comment

i've used copper peptides before, bought it online from ncnskincarepro.com ( i think) she sells the loren pickart line. It's OK i guess, my skin is not to bad so i didnt see a noticeable improvement but no adverse reactions either, perhaps i didnt use it long or often enough. My hubby doesnt like the smell (it's not smelly, but a bit odd) so i cant put it on my face before bedtime.

Currently preggers so not using any actives on my face.

I love the professional pumpkin peel from the ncnpro website. The rave reviews came from essentialdayspa.com. The ladies in north america are waay ahead of us when it comes to actives, gadgets and making own skincare!

Comment

mayaray, how long did you use it for? weeks? months?

what's the smell like? metallic?

Comment

I read some reviews on makeupalley. Search under Skin Biology in Product Reviews. My general impression is that people who already have good skin don't see so much benefit (because there's nothing much to remodel) and it's prudent to go very very slow. Maybe start with the Neutrogena serum and then go on to a diluted version of the Pickart peptides. If you search in the EDM forums under Copper peptides, you will find the thread there where Nanci (from NCN) gives tips on the regime. Once the uglies or facial sagging start, it's probably wise to hold back and either cut down (dilute or less frequent use) or stop for a while to let your skin adjust. There are some negative reviews where people had bad results and one of the side effects reported is that it increased growth of facial hair. I think if your skin isn't very bad, it may not be worth embarking on this long treatment which has variable results but if you do have bad skin, then maybe you don't have much to lose (i.e. skin cannot get that much worse) so you can try.

Another take home message is that this is not an instant face lift or overnight miracle. You have to use it continuously for months at least and monitor your own skin's response carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by v_ni View Post
                      mayaray, how long did you use it for? weeks? months?

what's the smell like? metallic?
                      i think i used it for about 4-5 months but once a day, sometimes skip because lazy.

do try the professional pumpkin peel- makes your skin super radiant for days!

Comment

mayaray, will take note of the pumpkin peel

chiaberry, you really got me thinking here....maybe i shouldn't be messing with my face. my skin is ok, not much problems but of course it could be better. haha....

i've been using chemical exfoliants since i was a teenager and start using retinoids few years back. it's quite scary when i read about how the skin thinning due to too many acids, cp seems to have the ability to strengthen/thicken the skin.

i've been following some of your posts, really impressed by your range of knowledge on skincare. if you don't mind me asking, what are you using at the moment?

Comment

I don't have much of a choice. My derm prescribed me retinoids (retacnyl) because I have a tendency to get bumps around my eyes (not milia - they are growths of sweat glands called syringomas). So after they were lasered, he advised me to go on retacnyl long term. He assured me there was no evidence of harm from long term use of retacnyl. The skin isn't actually thinned by retacnyl, initially there may be some exfoliation but long term retinoids "normalize" the proliferation of skin cells. He told me I might as well continue to use it for anti-ageing too.

Chemical exfoliants on the other hand do thin the skin if you use too high a concentration (above 15%) or do chemical peels too frequently. I used Mama lotion for a few months on alternate days with retinoids to fade old red marks from ancient acne and pitted scars also became shallower. I was quite pleased with those results. But now I'm back on retacnyl daily because I had the remainder of my eye bumps done recently, hopefully they will be under control now.

I did look into copper peptides, but since my skin isn't so bad (big pores and a few shallow pits and light pigments), I thought it wasn't worth the risk to embark on this in view of the uncertainty of the results. But that's just my personal view. I'm still seeing improvements by using retinoids so I'm not in a hurry to change tack yet. If I did feel tempted to add anything, I would purchase a lactic acid peel from MUAC and do it maybe once a month or even less often? Just to lighten the pigmentation further.

My HG sunscreen is Avene Very High Protection emulsion SPF50. I have researched sunscreens until the cows come home and this is the best one that meets my needs at this point in time. Until something better comes along.....Sorry for the grandmother post.

Comment

haha...i was following the suncreen thread......i'm going to get myself some avene suncreen too when my old one runs out too!

i peeled like hell when i was using retin-a & differin, that was a horrible horrible time...still can't believe how i managed to get thru that period, i think i was still peeling after 6 months! skin did glow after all the peeling stopped.

since then, i started to use otc products like avene's cleanance k and LRP effaclar k , thought they might be less "harmful". results are less ideal but i think i can live with it.

i may just buy the neutrogena one to try out....since it's a watered down version.....will update if i do eventually get it.....

Comment

I think you can try out the Neutrogena one first. Silicones in one product won't be damaging long term if the rest of your skincare and make up is silicone free (except we can't avoid it in the sunblock). As long as you keep your pores clear with BHA.

Comment

Working...
                              X