never wash your face straight away after you exercise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• never wash your face straight away after you exercise

I don't know if you have heard of this advice. But my ex classmates and my primary school PE teacher used to tell me this. They told me not to wet my face right after i sweat a lot. They say i should cool down first before washing my face. I never got around to asking them why. Anyone knows why?

Ohh.. I think it's cos if you wash your face when it's still sweaty, you'll get white spots. Once you get white spots it'll be very difficult to get rid of them.. Plus, if you're tanned, white spots look even more obvious!

Comment

White spot is a superficial fungal infection of the skin .

Comment

Yes.. Heard of this from my parents and from my friends when we were together playing competitive sports. Once one of my friends had white spots, she had to seek doctor advice and apply this cream especially for white spots.

Comment

Yeah, it's very true. Cos if you observe most sports people, they've got white spots somewhere on their faces.

Comment

yep, i think it's the same logic as not showering immediately after you exercise.

Comment

i dont know what r white spots.r they flattened ones? or kind of like white head?

Comment

if i'm not wrong... the white spots r not those popping out ones. they are just like uneven skin tone.. it will make your complexion look as though it's "one patch one patch" due to the colour diff between your normal skin colour and the white spots.. hope this helps you..

Comment

oh. how long should one cool down before washing?

usually, i cool down for about a min, till my heart settles down, then i wash up, esp. after a sweaty run.

i should wait longer right? i just can't stand the sweat. feels dirty

Comment

2. Do not walk barefoot in areas where the floor is wet ? bathroom, lavatory, and the common swimming pool as the fungus is present. Wear slippers.

2. Do not stop using the medicine even when the rash has cleared. Continue using it for at least 7 days the infection appears to be cleared. In the case of white spots, the white colour remains even after the infection has been successfully treated. However, this will gradually fade as the skin recovers its normal colouring.

Comment

hihi.. I used to have white spots too (back in my Sec sch days) .
                      Per my understanding, we can wash our face after perspiring but must wipe dry & not leave our face wet.

Comment

Originally posted by Ceres
                        hihi.. I used to have white spots too (back in my Sec sch days) .
                        Per my understanding, we can wash our face after perspiring but must wipe dry & not leave our face wet.

so did it disappear completely?

Comment

grabmail: I think there's no specific timing as long as you wait for your body to cool down totally..

Comment

hi, i personally experienced this when i was young. after my badminton training, i walked home from school (under the hot sun), reached home and washed my face immediately. couple of days later, white spots were seen on the lower part of my face. seen the doc, gave me some cream to apply. the white spots arent itchy or anything, just white patches (very ugly). take some time to heal (cant remember how long)

Comment

Originally posted by orcinus
                              hi, i personally experienced this when i was young. after my badminton training, i walked home from school (under the hot sun), reached home and washed my face immediately. couple of days later, white spots were seen on the lower part of my face. seen the doc, gave me some cream to apply. the white spots arent itchy or anything, just white patches (very ugly). take some time to heal (cant remember how long)
                              oh my. i always thought it was a good practice to wash up immediately after you reach home.

Comment

Working...
                              X