Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facial skin Dilemma - Help!

A Big Hello to All,
    New member here & this is my very first post. I?m in a dilemma as my wedding is in less than 2 months time & I?m very concern about my facial skin. I?m having one pimple popping one after another & my skin is getting scarred by the day. I?m currently using Biotherm products. For zits, I just started using this ointment, which is prescribes by my family doctor. I signed for facial a few months (using Dermalogica products) but I?m not sure if the extraction is helping out or actually worsening my skin conditions.

I was recommended to 3 clinics. One is Maple clinic, I have read the thread on it & the feedback is positive. Another is SYY clinic, www.syy.com - from her own experience; she said it is very good. I have made an enquiry call, a one time consultation alone is $65 excluding the products. Another is at Punggol clinic. Cheaper & effective as well. I also went for a free consultation at Makeover clinic; www.makeoverclinic.com.sg & the doctor who is also a qualified gynecologist recommended me laser peel.

I have try microdermabrasion at Bioskin. As per what the doctor at Makeover clinic has said, I could not see any obvious result beside my face is slightly smoother & brighter (which did not last long). But for YAG laser peel, he claimed I could see dramatic result from just 1 session. Before I commit & invest more money (I?m already dry thanks to my facial & other skincare products ), I will appreciate your opinions on any above. I will update this post later with a photo of my skin for review. Thank you all.

*To moderator, you may kindly move this post to the correct thread if a related topic has been opened. Thank you!

I would say go on birth control pills if you can. This will probably minimise/stop your breakouts. Roaccutance would probably be too strong for you at this moment, as it will cause skin peeling.
    Skincare..you'll need more than 2 months to see the effects of it.

Comment

Went to both SYY and Punggol before. Punggol is a waste of money for me. think the medications are too mild or so for my stubborn pimple-prone skin.

SYY did much help for my case. though expensive but cleared up my sudden eruptions in 2-3 weeks. products effectiveness remain stagnant after using them for 1 or 2 years. thus switched some to DRX products.

Maybe you can try the facial at DRX and some of its products?

Comment

Thanks for replying. I have taken nimegen before & the skin does improve but I could not stand the side effect - depression. Maybe there is any other alternative pills instead? For skincare products, I have used like 4-6 months without any significant result.

Comment

Hi Joyzz,
          For SYY, did they prescribe pills as well? How much is their products by the way?
          Thanks!

Comment

As far as facial is concern, I too suggest you're better of going to DRX than normal salon even if it's using Dermalogica. The different between the 2 is the machines used during the process.

But don't expact any kind of relaxing massages from DRX becuase they're not meant to be facial salon where you get pampered but a treatment centre for skin problem with in-house dermatolagists. No doubt, these days many doctors, surgeons realiase, skin care and slimming services are getting very popular and started to provide similar services.

Comment

Yes i was given RoAccutane. My first one-time consultation was a student rate thus only $15. Got myself home - cleanser, toner, day cream, night cream, whitener, vit-c pills, 10 pills of roaccutane, sunblock. total up near to $400.
              And i'd recommended DRX too.

Comment

Working...
              X