No announcement yet.

Home Salon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did colour treatment at yingying's on Saturday morning and i felt my hair condition really improved alot. Bought the hair mask that she was selling and it really worked! She's really friendly and does not hardsell her products.

Comment

• Originally posted by littlefriend View Post
      I did colour treatment at yingying's on Saturday morning and i felt my hair condition really improved alot. Bought the hair mask that she was selling and it really worked! She's really friendly and does not hardsell her products.
      Hi littlefriend ~i agree too !Me went to her quit long times n my sis too!I LOVE the hair mask make my hair shine n silky !

Comment

• Originally posted by winter71 View Post
        Hi littlefriend ~i agree too !Me went to her quit long times n my sis too!I LOVE the hair mask make my hair shine n silky !
        Hello ** i just went to yingying this sat for hair loss scalp treatment & hair treatment Know that she nw having hair promotion

Comment

• i just booked my appt for hair color with Yingying on next Sunday morning.

find it a little weird.

when i sms her asking about the pricings. she replied, '$60 with treatment.' then i replied her saying that her site stated that it's $45 for full head & $55 for 2 tones (both with treatment). then, she replied with saying that it's $45. haha!

how come like.. not consistant? =X

Comment

• Originally posted by yuki16 View Post
            belindapost: hi, what hair services have you tried at the winn home salon? any reviews? plus, do you know how much does she charge for rebonding for hair around bra length? TIA
            I did shiseido soft rebond is about 100 to 110, got treatment & cut, a bit expensive...but i find it very nice and so dry...my hair uses to be dried most of time after the rebonding. Korea rebond will be cheaper is about 70-80, included treatment as well. I rather pay more for better quality, since my hair is very dry.

Comment

• I'm so doubt about really Ying Ying have a good services? I was try to searching "review from ying ying rebonding" in google search. I find the comments from this sharon blogger write a very details, a very good comparison for Ying Ying and XiuZhen Aunty. The review below is from sharon blogger

http://sharonandheradventures.blogspot.com/2010/01/aunt-xiuzhens-rebonding-vs-yingyings.html

Aunt XiuZhen's Rebonding Vs YingYing's Rebonding
              Recently I went to yingying for rebonding.. and I found her to be rather fierce, not the friendly or chatty type which some cotters mention.. maybe that day her mood not good !

I have been to Aunt Xiuzhen around 2-3 years back, so here are my humble personal reviews of the 2 home-makers- rebonding..

By the way, my hair was below bra-length on both occassions.

Aunt Xiuzhen's rebonding

Price: $60 ( that was the price 2-3 years ago, dont know if got any increment)

Ease Of booking Appointment: I cannot actually remember but I know like have to wait like 3 weeks , got to wait for sure!

Accessibility: Its in Jurong side, I know once I reach Boon Lay mrt, I still got to change feeder bus..

Environment: Its pretty cozy in an air-con room, there were sofa and chairs and many magazines available, then at the front section of the room, its a chair with a big mirror ( something like the saloon chair/mirror) There were many other customers in the same room, and most of the them were waiting for their turns, or hair having cream .., I still remember I chatted with one of the girls there.

How I find Aunt Xiuzhen: She is very chatty and friendly... at least she entertained me when she was doing my hair.. I still remember she told me she will wake up early in the morning for morning jogs...

Process of rebonding: After she applied the cream, she asked me to sit at the sofa, while she did on the next customers.. I was afraid she might not keep track of the time, resulting in under/over processed. Then once she finishing straightening another customer, she would check on my hair to see if its ready for washing, before bringing me to the washing area to wash my hair. while waiting, I would be sitting at the sofa, because she got a few other customers.. she basically make use of the waiting time in customer's A to utilise on the customer B. Meaning, while customer B's hair is waiting for the straightening cream to take effect, it may be customer C's turn to apply the 1st cream on her hair..

Washing Area: Aunt Xiuzhen actually got a DIY saloon-style chair.. as in I can sit and tilt my head, with my face facing the ceiling, while she rinsed my hair..

Drying of hair: because Aunt Xiuzhen was too busy with so many customers, at times she would pass me a hair dryer and I blow dry my hair.. ok, its not too hard to blow dry my hair since I am doing it almost everyday. ( she is really very busy even on weekdays)At the ending part, I remember Aunt Xiuzhen blow dried my hair, but at the same time she also passed me another hair dryer so that I can blow dry another side, will be faster with 2 dryers.

Treatment: When I asked her about doing treatment, she said dont have to..

Hard Selling of Products: ZERO! I think Aunt Xiuzhen got no products to sell to us in the 1st place.. So totally no hard selling!

Effect: Maybe I did not highlight to her that I dont want too flat hair, the result was abit flat initial but after a few weeks, it return to normal.. Normally we would be told that we need to wait 3 days before we can wash our hair after our rebonding session, but Aunt Xiuzhen do not believe in this theory.. she said can wash our hair the next day.

Lasting effect: Its had been quite some time, I cannot really remember, should have more than 6 months.

YingYing's rebonding

Price: $75 ( if above bra-length, it should be $65)

Ease Of booking Appointment: Quite easy, like the next week slot.. I think she only do like 4 customers in a day, around 3 hours per customer.

Accessibility: Its in Yishun, just like 3 mins walk from Yishun MRT.

Environment: Its very peaceful in her quite empty kitchen. There was a big paper ( which consisted of 4 pieces of mahjong papers) on the floor. Then there was a chair and in front of it, a long narrow mirror placed vertical against the wall, just nice can see myself from top to bottom in the mirror. There was a basin just besides me, so she can wash the bowls and stuffs right after she finished applying the cream.

How I find Yingying: She is quite fierce... Not really chatty as mentioned by other cotters. I dont find her friendly... She did not entertain me when she was doing my hair, most of the time, she was saying how dry my hair was.. and must considered to get a good shampoo and conditioner, and a very good mask! then keep on telling me how good the mask was.

Process of rebonding: This is very different from Aunt Xiuzhen's rebonding process. Because Yingying did everything by herself...as in she will blow dry my hair, and I just sit in the same position in the 2.5 hours, except getting up to wash my hair.

Washing Area: I got to stand and bend my body down ( like 90degree) so that she can wash my hair... I would advise people who are going to wear shorts.. not jeans, because your jeans would get wet, since you are standing when your hair is being washed. I got my feet and lower legs wet, so you can imagine how wet your jeans will be if you cannot fold up your jeans.

Drying of hair: Yingying blow dried my hair twice, I do not need to take the hair dryer to blow dry my hair likw what I did at Aunt Xiuzhen's place.

Treatment: She stressed the importance of treatment, especially how good her mask is.. she said she would let me try the mask ( that was the treatment) and she applied some onto my hair before the final rinse.. I did not smell any very nice smell as mentioned by cotters.. After blowing my hair, she said that was how the effect of a good mask should be.... What the hell! The slight glossy effect should be due to the rebonding effect.... ! And by the way, I went to search the mask, and I realised the mask was china-made. And yeah, she kept stressing her products were all professional grade.

Hard Selling of Products: She did that the moment I sat down on the chair...maybe my hair was really in a very bad state, so she took the chance to hard sell...

Effect: It was quite natural i should say, not too flat type. She did straighten my hair with the straightener after drying my hair. Maybe it was still wavy! But she asked me do not anyhow touch my hair, or else it will be wavy .. If her rebonding is good, cant I just touch my hair.. will touching make my rebonding all gone??

Lasting effect: Not too sure if it will be lasting... but heard that Aunt Xiuzhen's rebonding is more lasting as compared to Yingying's.

Well, I dont think I will want to spend money to someone fierce and kept asking me to buy her products.

Update: ( 16 Mar 2010): Just barely 2 months after I rebonded my hair at Yingying's house, my soft rebonding effect is gone.. its really not lasting compared to other rebonding sessions I had done in the past few years.

Next time, I think I will go to Jean Yip City Square to do rebonding since its less than SG$100 ( though they also will try to sell their spa treatment..but not the hard sell type, plus they wont criticize the condition of my hair). ..plus I wont have to see a fierce face for 2-3 hours.

Comment

• looking for a home based hair salon thats awesome with doing hair dye and treatment. location is not an issue to me. from what i read, pretty torn between yingying & ivy cck & taomatiam. anyone can recommend?
                Last edited by inxherxeyes; 19-08-2010, 12:20 PM.

Comment

• can i *** buy d hair mask fr yingying if i dun do any treatmet from her ?

Comment

• Originally posted by luv6492 View Post
                    can i *** buy d hair mask fr yingying if i dun do any treatmet from her ?
                    Hi ~ luv6492 >yup u can ,my friends that she did't go for hair service with yingying she also get the hair mask from her !But u ve to call her first (82221262 ) that is it got any stock,cos the hair mask sometimes run out of stock !

Comment

• already bought d hair treatment fr yingying. i'll try it tmr morning!. she's very friendly & explain thoroughly abt how to use it. mayb nxt time i can go to her for my hair treatment.

usually i go to june @ wdl. hair cut @ $8. hair treatment @ $30, but i dunno *** product she use.

Comment

• Originally posted by marilynlim View Post
                        Hi ppl,

came back from perming at peishan. nice environment and her service is good! (:
                        have attached a picture!

price is pretty reasonable too ! is only 68 for cut perm n treatment!!!! (:
                        Hi Marilynlim,
                        Your hair is really nice..
                        The curl shown in your pic is it blow with a hair dryer or after perm is like that? How is your perm now? Is it still curl like this. Tempted to try ya.. Sorry *** product is Peishan using for Perm Hair/
                        TIA

Comment

• HI~ today i went to yingying for 2 tone colouring and she nw having promotion and free of hair scalp treatment for every hair color services,after my hair scalp treatment feel so ~will go back to her for hair scalp treatment

Comment

• satisfied

hi all,

i just cut ma hair at Ivy choa chu kang.. n im freakin satisfied ... i emailed her the hairstyle that i wan (as attached).. n got it.. tho its not 100% same...

imma happy gal... n its oni $5...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dimongirl View Post
                              HI~ today i went to yingying for 2 tone colouring and she nw having promotion and free of hair scalp treatment for every hair color services,after my hair scalp treatment feel so ~will go back to her for hair scalp treatment
                              Hi Dimongirl ;last 2 days i jus went to yingying for hair scalp treatment and i love it ,after a few days my hair scalp won't like last times that so oily if i did't wash for one day !And i brought from her one of the hair tonic is super after using u can feel that ur hair scalp won't be too oily n the hair won't drop alot Hee.....will go back to for hair scalp treatment every 2 weeks !

Comment

• Originally posted by egudgal View Post
                                hi all,

i just cut ma hair at Ivy choa chu kang.. n im freakin satisfied ... i emailed her the hairstyle that i wan (as attached).. n got it.. tho its not 100% same...

imma happy gal... n its oni $5...

Hi Egudal,

How do I go from CCK Mrt stat? btw hows her cutting skills? know how to create hairstyle? is she good with cutting short hair? need to make appointment?

Thanks for the advises!

Comment

Working...
                                X