Eyebrow Shaping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beetle
    hi, i really want to try the threading...is it painful? keiko, can u provide the address, unit no. so that i can go try it out.
    I've posted the address in my earlier post. Pls refer to this

Pain factor? I guess i should not be used as a yardstick because my threshold for mine is quite high. My friends do find it a bit more painful than plucking. However, the pain is more short-lived as the process is quite fast as compared to plucking. She can do all 4 of us within 15 mins.

Comment

Your favourite way to fill in eyebrows?

Hi! What is your favourite way to fill in your brows and what are the products you use?

I am thinking of getting a brow pencil. I don't fill in my brows even with a full face of makeup coz I pluck them and never trim, so they are "enough" -- no bare-brow look. However, I'll like to define them more for a more polished look. My brows and hair are naturally black but I hope to get a grey-black pencil so that it's more natural. Any recs? Tested the Biotherm one at the counter and it's not bad.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

I used to use shu uemura eyebrow pencil for years, i just changed to MAC lingering eyebrow pencil, the color n texture suits me perfectly!!! My gf who see me often can tell the difference of my eyebrow using MAC one!!!

Thanks to that angel who gave it to me as my birthday present!!!

Comment

Products i use for brows: Shu Uemura hard Pencil 9 in Seal Brown.

Tool(s) i use: Shu Uemura spiral brush (can also use a clean mascara brush - another way to recycle your mascara wand).

Way to do it: Brush your brows in one direction of flow using the spiral brush. Draw the outline of your brows. Then fill in your brows with soft strokes using the pencil. For a more polish look, you can use a brow mascara to tidy up.

Hope This Helps!

Comment

I use a very stiff and thin synthetic brush eyebrow/ eye shadow(dark coloured ones), dab a little, brush off excessive on back of my hand, then use feathery strokes to fill in the 'gaps' in my brow. I normally sweep a moderate amt of loose powder or white e/s on my bows when I've completed doing my brows before brushing off excess with the same synthetic brush. It helps to soften the look.

BTW,I have a Shu Uemura hard prncil 9 in Seal Brown for swap/sale (never bene sharpened), its great but just something I don't reach for.

Comment

I finally caved in and tried Jason. To be brutually honest, $35 isn't worth it. Clean job but my eyebrows aren't balanced. The arch of one side is further inwards than the other side. And he took off more hair on 1 eyebrow than the other, leaving them uneven in thickness. I expect perfection for $35.

I guess I'll save my money and go back to Lee Ching at Fancl Suntec, only $10.

Comment

For me, if I use my Prescriptives brow shaping pencil, I will just draw the ends of my brows and use the brush that comes with the pencil to brush the part I draw to make it look more natural. After that, I will use this same brush to brush the rest of the brows as the brush had picked up some colours earlier. This darken my brows nicely without it looking overdone

If I use my Shu Uemura hard formula, I just use the flat edge to help draw the ends of my brows, and then using the more pointed end of that edge to fill in the brows using feathery strokes. (kind of difficult for me to describe unless you have seen the Shu's pencil)

Comment

I Stila's brow duo. I use a slanted brush, dab a little of the light color and then a little of the dark color and apply on my brows. Easy to apply and looks very natural.

Comment

oh dear, i'm so sorry to hear that. did you tell him that the brows were uneven? i'm sure he can fix it for you.

Comment

i love my shu uemura brow pencil in stone gray -- the perfect shade for my brows!

Comment

Originally posted by yvonne
                        hello! :wave: so have you decided where you're going to do your brows?
                        hehe i just did it at a neighbourhood beatuician for $5 and it looks beautiful now! Btw, there is a Jaon featured in the new paper today.. Is he the same Jason you girls have been raving about?

what's threading? :huh:

Comment

Originally posted by dolphin
                          Products i use for brows: Shu Uemura hard Pencil 9 in Seal Brown.
                          I use this too

Comment

Must have tool -MAC #266 stiff angled brush.
                            Colour - Shu Hard pencil, Maybelline brow powder (CHEAP AND GOOD), any e/s.

I'm pretty adventurous, #266 is great for lining eyes, I would use the leftover colour from eyelining to do my brows. Yeah, colourful stuff like maroon
                            Recently, to cope with my dyed hair, I've taken to brushing bronzey blush over my drawn brows to match it to the hair. It works and stays!

Comment

i've been using the Prescriptives brow shaping pencil for years, the brown one. i prefer using a season tip than a shapened tip. usually, i just lightly fill in the brow and draw the end, then brush with the brush (that comes with it) or with my finger, to give a more natural look.

Comment

no i dont think so! wow $5 for a nice eyebrow trim? lucky you!!

Comment

Working...
                                X