All about Perms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All about Perms

Love that hair! It's really just a question of styling though. Volumizing mousse, and that Braun curling tong I got works just fine...I get that effect after tonging my hair.

Alternatively you could try putting your hair up in large rollers. Robinsons sells some from Denman. These didn't work as well as the curling tong on me though - my hair's too heavy so it needs more "bullying", heh heh.

but rollers just near the ends of the hair or something? i'm a hair idiot

Originally posted by "pandora76"

Love that hair! It's really just a question of styling though. Volumizing mousse, and that Braun curling tong I got works just fine...I get that effect after tonging my hair.

Alternatively you could try putting your hair up in large rollers. Robinsons sells some from Denman. These didn't work as well as the curling tong on me though - my hair's too heavy so it needs more "bullying", heh heh.

Comment

Originally posted by "bluebubble"

but rollers just near the ends of the hair or something? i'm a hair idiot
      Nope, you roll it all the way up to the scalp and let it stay there until your hair dries. Then when you unwind, the rollers will help give you hair a bit of lift near the crown, and the rest of your hair will be in big bouncy waves.

Depends on your hair length and weight though. If you have fine to medium thickness hair and about Namie's length, large rollers would work just right. Medium would be too curly, and extra large rollers wouldn't have much effect....they're more for giving bounce.

Nothing beats curling tongs for controlling wave definition though.

Comment

hair on left - ceramic perm! abt $400++ & u don hv to style, apply anything to scrunch or anything just wash & let it dry...much like rebonding think some refer to it as rebonding wave!

Comment

Originally posted by "farahdean"

hair on left - ceramic perm! abt $400++ & u don hv to style, apply anything to scrunch or anything just wash & let it dry...much like rebonding think some refer to it as rebonding wave!
          oh..so these are rebonding waves ah? I once asked someone what it was and she said it's the same as perming but it's done on rebonded hair, so simply means that the perm would have to be done with harsher chemicals to effect the curls.... quite craPPY right?

Comment

Originally posted by "farahdean"

Rebonding waves are much tighter and defined than that pic. I was considering this process too but the price put me off, plus I saw some end results which looked like regular perms to me (ie. quite tight!) so I decided to give it a miss.

Not to mention my hair is already naturally thick, so if I did the rebonded wave thing, I would have a lion's mane!!!

Comment

the ceramic perm is *not* an option, my hair cannot take any more chemical treatment

Comment

i saw jaecelyn tay promoting rebonding waves way back & it looks like big curls aka namie's. then again she chop it all off shortly after. i know a gal did ceramic perm but the curls ended up way too tight too...hmmm when my colleague does her waist length hair in a few weeks, i wld update here on what i see!

Comment

Hey i'm not waiting for my hair to grow longer before i go curl it...Pan, will consider the Braun one that you bought :wink: can't wait!

Comment

Ceramic Perm

hi ppl! Has anyone of you tried Ceramic/setting perm before? I was passing by a salon at Far East when i saw the very beautiful pictures of models who had their hair permed. I'm really tempted! But permed hair is harder to maintain and can be really messy if left unstyled. So i'm still thinking abt it.... :roll:

Comment

i feel that permed hair adds a few more years to your age.....that's what i see happening to my colleagues who went for ceramic perm.

i prefer straight hair or those with loose curls. anyway, i've short hair so rebonding and ceramic perm is out for me!

Comment

unless you look like a glamour queen naturally (like one of my ex-collegues. downside is that most glamour queens look bitchy *shrug*), i think it's pretty hard to carry off curls...and remember to do it at a good salon so as not to end up with auntie curls!

me, i'm just not going to do any chemical things to my hair anymore this year; i will positively go bald if i color my hair another time!

Comment

I was in town yesterday and i saw many ladies with really big beautiful curls! I think it was ceramic perm, cos the curls are loose and big and more defined, not like japanese perm which is more wavy and messier. So envious...
                          :|

Comment

I have been thinking about this since forever, but I don't think I will take the plunge because:

1. I'm afraid of a botched job and I don't want to look "auntie" for 3 months
                            2. I'm afraid of the damage
                            3. My hair is already naturally thick and bountiful, so if I add even more volume to it with this perm...poof! I'm gonna look like a lioness!

My compromise: I bought a curling iron so that I can achieve those loose curls and waves for special occasions.....with no commitment. You can also get your hair "done" and tonged at a salon to achieve the same effect as the perm, for special occasions.

All in all, I think straight-ish hair is still easier to manage day to day.

Comment

Originally posted by pandora76
                              My compromise: I bought a curling iron so that I can achieve those loose curls and waves for special occasions.....with no commitment. You can also get your hair "done" and tonged at a salon to achieve the same effect as the perm, for special occasions.

All in all, I think straight-ish hair is still easier to manage day to day.
                              Which curling thong did u buy? Philips 6 in 1 geometrics styler looks like a bargin at $59..

Comment

Working...
                              X