No announcement yet.

All about Perms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any tips on maintaining your perms? the do(s) and don't(s)..

Comment

• hey babe, I had perms twice. Main key note is to apply lotion to your perms after every hair wash to maintain the curls. Try not to blow dry your hair too much as it will spoil the curls (at least that's what happened for mine). =) hth!

Comment

• I have washed my hair after 1 day of perm and its still curly. Did combed my hair which was not recommended. Now my hair is very stiff, dry and bristle. Is there any lotion or mask that i should use???

Comment

• you can try leave-on hair treatment like liese Hair Cocktail or Lucido-L Hair Treatment Essence, you can get them from watsons

if i have more budget i get arimino spice from my regular salon

Comment

• u can try pantene's new intensive hair treatment. It's really not bad.
            U can also try loreal professionel hair oil called lumi oil 3. Lumi oil 3 is for permed hair. =)) should be able to find it at beauty language or venus stores. My salon used this and i find it not bad.

hope this helps =))

Comment

• what is good for styling curls? went to watsons just now and was spoilt for choice. which would be better?

- loreal curl power mousse
              - Liese Wave-up Mousse 03 Clear Wave list

also saw alot of few other brands of styling products for curls. can some recommend me something that has good holding & volume yet easy to use and wash off?

thanks!

Comment

• Haven't tried loreal mouse but i'm using Liese wave up foam 03. It made my curls livelier and it's not hard like other type of mouse. I use it after i washed my hair in evening and my curls are still good the next morning. U can sprinkle some water on your hair when u wake up or u can use liese juicy shower like i did!

Comment

• square salon

Originally posted by homemadehoney View Post
                  SIMPLYHERS

hey girl i did my perm at square salon a few months ago? i went with another friend and i like hers more!!!! HAHHAHA benn did different perms for us cause he say our styles are different..

my advise for you is, you can try to call him and ask but he will ask you to see him at his salon so he won't misjudge your hair length, face shape, hair quality etc....... after that, my friend brought her mom to cut or dye with him too if i'm not wrong she's a frequent there now
                  Hihi,
                  May I *** where is square salon at?

thank you!

Comment

• Loreal spiral splendour is good for curls. Its not heavy, doesn't weight down the hair and at the same time it brings out the curls in the hair. Love the sweet scent too.

Comment

• i just had my hair permed again last Wednesday. Went to the same shop near my neighborhood. This time round i make bigger curls which turns out to be wavy instead. Find it abit messy though but i really like the stylists there. They provide really good customer service. I even ordered the hairdryer n diffuser to maintain my curls.

I think for permed hair, u can't use normal dryer,need to use diffuser and your curls will be more defined..I really love it when the stylist use spiral splendour on my hair. The smell is heavenly but holding power is not that great. Prefer potion 9 for that..

Comment

• is there anyone who permed her super-thick and coarse hair before and the perm can last very long? i read on some blog that the blogger had digital perm. however her digital perm lasted for one day and she went back to salon. the hairstylist can do nothing.

anyway, i had bad experience with cermaic perm on my super-thick hair. Like that mentioned blogger, my perm lasted for one day. i didn't go back to salon cos i thought that it is my fault for not taking care of my har which i might not be aware.

Comment

• Originally posted by yingvannie View Post
                          any tips on maintaining your perms? the do(s) and don't(s)..
                          Just went for a perm at Square salon today after the recommendations from cozycot. Benn said the only "don't" is don't comb permed hair. In fact he said that permed hair are pretty low maintenance..

Btw he charges $138 for all hair lengths.

Comment

• i finally did a perm 1-2mths back at Monso. Hair Design @ Gallery Hotel. Charged 200+ for my long hair (after bra hook area) and its good. However i really not good at maintaining the curls. I tried the ways of 'spining or curling' the hair at one direction and then use hair dryer (with that diffuser i suppose) with it. takes much longer to try but the curl of the hair is nicer.

.... i tried to search for Monso Hair design on cc,,, kind of surprised it dont have a thread of its own.

I have visited them for abt 3x or so and this is first time do curly perm (last time once is body donkey yrs back). so i decided to go for a more exp salon, at least i wont look terrible since i have pretty round face

my hair was fine and after perm, just slightly dry, not that drying.. and i use those big teeth comb to comb through or just my fingers. dont comb when its wet. comb when its dry. also, i didnt do treatment after perm. i only buy their hoyu leave on conditioner n use it daily. also have to use some other conditioner because leave on is not rich.

and because my hair is long, i blow dry daily...... luckily not that coarse or dry. oh yes, i use good hair dryer that is not so hot. i used philips professional AC motor (highest model) in the market by end consumers.

Comment

• square saln

Originally posted by dramaQueenz View Post
                              Hihi,
                              May I *** where is square salon at?

thank you!
                              DRAMAQUEENZ hey girl it's at odeon katong shopping centre in the east. you can call him fdor an appointment 97577374

Comment

• Originally posted by SimpleGirl
                                hey babes. where did you all get the Loreal spiral splendour ?
                                may i know the price?

i tried to google.. is it this?

i tried watsons, century square tins&bottles, venus tamp.. they all dont sell.

any idea..?
                                TIA !
                                I saw this at toa payoh central beauty spring, its near the back of the store, unsure of the price though

Comment

Working...
                                X