Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best body moisturiser / lotion

Hi gals!

I *desparately* need to find a very effective body moisturiser for my seemingly flakey and dry skin which is the side-effect of being on Roaccutane.

Currently, i 'm using BBW body lotions and while they are really nice with no greasy after-feel, i feel that they are not "powerful" enough for my very dry skin. So dry that it become itchy and i cannot resist scatching ...
    Last edited by Guest; 09-07-2003, 10:22 PM.

Hi,
    You might want to try The Body Shop's body butter especially the soya and olive. I'm using the melon seed body butter but not that moisturizing. Another recommendation is L'occitane's 20% Shea Butter body lotion in 200ml bottle. S$36.

Comment

biotherm anti drying body milk!

Comment

Thanxs for the recommendation ****

Just wondering: is the L'Occitane 's 20% Shea Butter body Lotion/Cream same as their Honey Harvest Range ?

And anyone know whether the body cream come in different scents ?

Comment

I'm using L'occitane lavender body milk, very moisturising and the fragrance keeps me awake.

Comment

Hi ponine!!

I've got dry skin too and I love these products:

1) TBS Body Butter
            2) SS/SP Whipped Body Creams, if you can get your hands on these. Plus they've got so many yummy scents!
            3) L'ocitane Honey Harvest Range. So emollient !
            4) VS Luxurious Hand & Body Cream - this is really very thick and rich, great for spots like rough elbows and ankles.

Comment

for dry skin, definitely the TBS body butters but be warned that they get greasy in non-airconditioned rooms...but you wake up with such smoooooth and soooooft skin, it's quite worth it

Comment

I think the best for me will be Nivea. Smells equally nice compare to all the exp brands and affordable! I've used the whitening, body firming and the normal moisturizier. All of them are so effective! And the smell don't clash with my perfume. Love it!

Comment

Best body moisturiser - it has got to be Nivea Intensive Moisturising body lotion. Next on my list is Crabtree and Evelyn Aloe Vera Hydrating Body Cream - it is not creamy yet it absorbs so well. My skin don't feel sticky at all after the application. it!

Comment

dol, the crabtree and evelyn aloe vera one sounds good. will check it out later.

Comment

a bit OT but do try Eucerin's Cream Oil body wash, it really helped my skin when it solidified and then flaked in huge pieces some years back due to a severe allergy, my doc recommended it. he just said don't use detergent /soap based body washes, makes it worse

as for body lotion or cream, i think the TBS ones are very rich!!

Comment

Hi Blushed!

My skin is getting so dry that it's becoming itchy.. arghh.. sometimes can't help but scratch it...

Where can i get Eucerin ? Is it expensive ?

I went to L'Ocittane to explore ... haha.. i kinda like the body oil spray. Has anyone tried that ? Seems so convenient too ! :wheee:

Comment

Originally posted by ponine
                          Hi Blushed!

My skin is getting so dry that it's becoming itchy.. arghh.. sometimes can't help but scratch it...

Where can i get Eucerin ? Is it expensive ?

Eucerin is a drugstore brand, so considered pretty cheap. Can get from Guardian, white flat white bottle with red cap.

My allergy was very severe, literally looked like alligator skin and painful too. It helped a lot. Sometimes I use the Cream Oil Wash (sorry can't remember the actual name) when I go to drier countries, it's so rich, i skip the body moisturizer part (which i like since i'm lazy as sin)

take care ponine, get better soon

Comment

Thanxs Blushed !

I was thinking of getting either L'Occitane Shea Butter shower gel ( too expensive!) or Dove ( too strong after-smell!) ... to save my dry skin especially since i bathe 2 times a day!

So your suggestion really comes in time !! Thanxs so much

Comment

You're welcome!! Hope it'll work for you as well as it did for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X