Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All about Removing & Fading Scars

As above.
    Is there a method/procedure/product to remove scars? My skin is fairly good..but whenever i look into the mirror i see this scar on my face which really irritates me and i really hope to get rid of it effeciently. TIA!
    Last edited by nicole; 22-06-2003, 12:06 AM.

Hey sista! What kind of scars are we talking about here? Acne ones? If so, you have a couple of options:

- IPL / FPL
    A dermatologist uses intense pulsed light (laser) to zap away at your scars. The darker the pigmentation of the affected skin area, the more heat from the laser will be absorbed. The heat helps to stimulate collagen and the skin's repair system. With time, your scars will fade, and results can be seen almost immediately after a single session in some cases. Whatever it is, results are certainly faster and more dramatic than over the counter topical products.

Cons: very expensive, and you'd better go to a derm you trust! Too hot and you end up with fry marks on your face instead!

- Microdermabrasion
    Your face is gently 'sanded' with fine crystals or an ultra-fine diamond tip. The outer layers are shed and as these are exfoliated, your scars will also fade. There is a noticeable difference after just 1 treatment. This is best coupled with

- Vitamin C treatment
    Vitamin C helps to even out skintone, boost its cell renewal processes, and lighten scars. After microdermabrasion, with a 'clean' layer of skin to work on, it will be even more effective.

There are a couple of threads discussing where you can find these treatments, and many gals have shared their experiences too.

Comment

Re: HELP! Is that a way to remove SCARS?

Originally posted by sista
      As above.
      Is there a method/procedure/product to remove scars? My skin is fairly good..but whenever i look into the mirror i see this scar on my face which really irritates me and i really hope to get rid of it effeciently. TIA!

Hi there,
      I'm not sure if you have a WalMart near you but they make their own brand of scar reducing cream with spf of 10 (for new or existing scars). I have just started using it applying 2wice daily & I will update you after a week of use in it's effectiveness. hth some!

Comment

rose hip oil

rose hip oil.......
        i use this every night before i sleep.....really works at lightening my acne scars.you don't need a lot as well....just a few drops

Comment

Hello Meiyen_87, welcome to CC. Do an introduction at CozyBaby ok

Comment

Re: rose hip oil

Originally posted by meiyen_87
            rose hip oil.......
            i use this every night before i sleep.....really works at lightening my acne scars.you don't need a lot as well....just a few drops
            hm...whats rose hip oil??
            where can i get it.?

Comment

Re: Re: HELP! Is that a way to remove SCARS?

Originally posted by lipsticksnshoes
              Hi there,
              I'm not sure if you have a WalMart near you but they make their own brand of scar reducing cream with spf of 10 (for new or existing scars). I have just started using it applying 2wice daily & I will update you after a week of use in it's effectiveness. hth some!
              sigh.. too bad over here in s'pore we don't have walmart..thanks anyway!

Comment

rose hip oil

you can get it at guardian or watson's.....brands like kosmea or garden of eden....usually comes in a samll glass bottle....try getting 100% pure oil

Comment

Re: Re: Re: HELP! Is that a way to remove SCARS?

Originally posted by sista
                  sigh.. too bad over here in s'pore we don't have walmart..thanks anyway!
                  Aww Poo well if it works good I could always send you some!

Comment

How about scars on the legs?? Any way to remove them?

Comment

hm....curently I'm thinking if I should try our MDX at the derma rx...
                      hehe..but no money... Have looked into Derma rx experience thread..mayb will try it out after i get my bonus . :wave: Thanks alot!
                      Last edited by meow123; 29-06-2003, 07:09 PM.

Comment

U may wanna get some products from Drx instead, more economical than FPL.
                        Rose hip oil or lavender oil are good inlightening fresh acne scars. AHA or BHA or retin-a, either of these 3 are scars-zappers too, if you're not allergy to them.

Comment

how can i remove those very old acne scar? i have many of them :o: not new one, but many years ago still left on my face. i try before aha, bha, whitening product all never work. they not very serious, but very stubborn!!!!! :piss:

Comment

Pimple marks, how to fade them?

i'm quite troubled with my pimple marks on my left cheek in particular, and i believe those marks on the cheeks are harder to fade off as compared to those on the forehead. (fortunately i don't have any on my forehead.) Can u girls recommend me ways or products that can accelerate the healing of my pimple marks besides using whitening products? cos i've tried numerous whitening products but it didn't turn out well and lead to more breakouts.

thanks in advance!

Comment

AHA, BHA, retin-a etc all speed up the exfoliation process of the skin, thus the skin renews itself much faster and the dark spots fade more quickly. You will not get significant results if you just use whitening products alone, you need to use them in conjunction with AHA/BHA/retin-a to speed up the whitening process.
                              HTH!

Comment

Working...
                              X