FPL Permanent Hair Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• narusegawa

it cost $100 before GST per session for underarms. No package required. Do confirm the price with them again, not sure did they revise it.

Comment

• Originally posted by zjaninez View Post
      There's no permanent hair removal method. The most 'permanent' method would be electrolysis but it's painful and even that don't last forever.

I've done IPL like 4-5 years ago and have been very please with the results. In the early years, I only need to shave like once a month when the baby hair grows. Now I need to shave once every week, maybe it's time to go for a touch up session.

The advantage is that even though you still need to shave, you don't get stubbles. Coz the hair regrowth is so fine. So no worries on raising your armpits there.
      Without IPL, pure shaving alone will probably cause the 'chicken neck' effect on your skin; little stubbles/pebbles lookalike texture.
      Yeah I agree with u! From what I heard and after some research, there is really no such thing as permanent hair removal cus our hair growth is cylical therefore it's impossible to achieve permanent removal. i guess the phrase "hair removal" that we see out there are probably marketing gimmicks.

I was actually recently approached by a friend who was asking some of us to accompany her for her free permanent hair reduction treatment at bedok last wednesday but I had something on so I gave it a miss. According to her, she said this is permanent hair reduction in which it uses NIR technology that would target the sabeceous glands, indirectly cutting nutrient supply to the hair growth. she said she might wanna head down for her second treatment (so im actually considering) cus in order to achieve best results, she wld have to go for 6 sessions altgt.

if im not wrong, i think the company is called x-hair and they are still giving away free treatments as samples! oh, and i heard they have a facebook group too.

Comment

• hi, anyone has any comments on IPL for underarms at

(1) Simple Aesthetics
        (2) Derma Beauty
        (3) Jill Lowe

I did an IPL package with Modern Beauty salon before and it was a total waste of $$. So very scared whether IPL even works for me ...

Comment

• Does anyone know how much it costs for facial hair removal at Allure20?

Comment

• I think facial hair removal is charge by area?? correct me if I am wrong

Comment

• My colleague just said IPL facial hair removal at Allure20 is start from $60++, depend on the treatment area. (our boss not around)

Comment

• Originally posted by benova View Post
                My colleague just said IPL facial hair removal at Allure20 is start from $60++, depend on the treatment area. (our boss not around)
                What about for the entire face? Im not intending to do one area only. Too hairy already. Lol.

Comment

• Does anyone know where are the good and cheap places to do it on upper lip or for the face?

Comment

• Originally posted by babypinkish View Post
                    What about for the entire face? Im not intending to do one area only. Too hairy already. Lol.
                    If full face guess 200+ or more? Not sure....but I think you can have free assessment and ask for the quote, they are nice people. I find their charge is alot of cheaper than other places and most important is EFFECT.

Comment

• Originally posted by brownpaperbag View Post
                      Does anyone know where are the good and cheap places to do it on upper lip or for the face?
                      Hi,
                      I just did IPL for my upper lid at my facial salon in Bishan D'BioClinque. First trial is also $38. I signed up a package with them for 6 sessions at $48 each and the trial price of $38 was waved. HTHs!

Comment

• Doess ipl facials remove facial hair too?

Comment

• can remove facial hair

Originally posted by blubbermoew View Post
                          Doess ipl facials remove facial hair too?

Comment

• are results visible with just 1 session of ipl facials? in terms of facial hair removal and scars.

Comment

• Not too sure with IPL facial..

Anyone tried IPL Brazilian at any of these clinics that have been mentioned in this thread?

Currently completed 8 sessions of Brazilian (abt $3K) and 6 underarms session (abt $1.5K) at Strip. But signed on another set of 6 Brazilian and 6 underarms at half price as maintanence.

To begin with, i've got extremely coarse hair as i shaved everyday and very frequent for brazilian as well in the past.
                              Hence, after a few sessions, the results were very obvious.
                              But now, as the hair as gone finer (although still coarse by standards), it'll take more time for it to be hairless according to my therapist.

Was told as well that it's never going to be a permanent hair removal due to hormones or smth like that.. the growth of hair may return after a year or 2, depending on individual.

Well, as i'm born 'hairy' i guess i've got to continue with the treatment...
                              Very expensive... looking for other alternatives esp for brazilian maintainence (could not consider waxing as my hair belong to the 'coarse' category)

Comment

• Anybody tried IPL hair removal for the back? I've got a hairy back and sometimes the follicles get infected, leading to bumps and zits

Will IPL also help lighten the dark pimple scars on my back?

Comment

Working...
                                X