No announcement yet.

FPL Permanent Hair Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it should lighten slightly, at least it does for my arm pits which was very dark. but the difference comes in gradually.

I've got another colleague who briefly mentioned years ago that she tried ipl for her face spots (pimple scars) and it did work for her. =)

Comment

• Originally posted by mint_infused View Post
      Not too sure with IPL facial..

Anyone tried IPL Brazilian at any of these clinics that have been mentioned in this thread?

Currently completed 8 sessions of Brazilian (abt $3K) and 6 underarms session (abt $1.5K) at Strip. But signed on another set of 6 Brazilian and 6 underarms at half price as maintanence.

To begin with, i've got extremely coarse hair as i shaved everyday and very frequent for brazilian as well in the past.
      Hence, after a few sessions, the results were very obvious.
      But now, as the hair as gone finer (although still coarse by standards), it'll take more time for it to be hairless according to my therapist.

Was told as well that it's never going to be a permanent hair removal due to hormones or smth like that.. the growth of hair may return after a year or 2, depending on individual.

Well, as i'm born 'hairy' i guess i've got to continue with the treatment...
      Very expensive... looking for other alternatives esp for brazilian maintainence (could not consider waxing as my hair belong to the 'coarse' category)
      mint_infused : your underarm package is too expenisve, are you free from hair now? I got mine at Allure 20 and my hair had somewhat stopped growing after my 2nd treatment (I did it last month), now only left me few stands of dark hair and some baby fine hair, so I guess after my 3rd treatment I should be sort of hair free , but my package only cost me few hundreds, 1/3 of your cost!!!!

Comment

• Same here. 2 weeks after my 2nd session IPL at allure20. 80% of hair gone. only 20% are still growing and are very fine. Still got 3 sessions left. Though my results not as good as xiaoching, I think very good already considering I have thick and coarse armpit hair. I'm a happy girl.

I do feel like doing for my back as well. My back is hairy. Also any recommendations for facial IPL? For removal of facial hair as well as pimple scars? Or is chemical peel or lasers a better option?

Comment

• I am tempted to try IPL but still worry about the pain factor, is it really bearable?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinkynails View Post
            Same here. 2 weeks after my 2nd session IPL at allure20. 80% of hair gone. only 20% are still growing and are very fine. Still got 3 sessions left. Though my results not as good as xiaoching, I think very good already considering I have thick and coarse armpit hair. I'm a happy girl.

I do feel like doing for my back as well. My back is hairy. Also any recommendations for facial IPL? For removal of facial hair as well as pimple scars? Or is chemical peel or lasers a better option?
            hey babe, how much is allure20 charging?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinkynails View Post
              Same here. 2 weeks after my 2nd session IPL at allure20. 80% of hair gone. only 20% are still growing and are very fine. Still got 3 sessions left. Though my results not as good as xiaoching, I think very good already considering I have thick and coarse armpit hair. I'm a happy girl.

If you talk about facial IPL I would recommend Allure 20 too, not only my freckle and pimple scars less appearance, it also improved my skin tones, my skin look much more radiant and fairer.

Comment

• Originally posted by jader View Post
                I am tempted to try IPL but still worry about the pain factor, is it really bearable?
                It is depend on individual and also different machine and different skill of the therapist. I think machine which has cooling system should be more comfortable, you can always check around before you commit to any package. For me IPL is not painful, though some shots like rubber band slapping.

Comment

• Originally posted by giftgalz View Post
                  hey babe, how much is allure20 charging?
                  now should be 100+ per session.

Comment

• ipl brazilian anyone???

Comment

• Originally posted by xiaoching View Post
                      mint_infused : your underarm package is too expenisve, are you free from hair now? I got mine at Allure 20 and my hair had somewhat stopped growing after my 2nd treatment (I did it last month), now only left me few stands of dark hair and some baby fine hair, so I guess after my 3rd treatment I should be sort of hair free , but my package only cost me few hundreds, 1/3 of your cost!!!!
                      !!! argh!! should have done my research...

xiaoching:
                      No, I've still got hair.. actually, i don't think there's much improvement after the 3rd or 4th session.. guess i was easily convinced by the therapist that it takes more time for the hair to become more refine ... just signed up the maintainence... half price of original ($700 now.)

Anyway, thanks for letting me know babe!

Princiellie:
                      did ipl brazillian as well.. refer the page 35 =P
                      Last edited by mint_infused; 23-10-2008, 01:25 PM.

Comment

• Is it true that actually take more time for hair to become fine, you can read it from most of the write up about ipl, but since most of the cotter who went to allure 20 seem to have good result included me , make me think the skill of IPL theparist is very important.

Comment

• just did mine @stripe.

TRUST ME no pain at all....
                          just slight uncomfortable feeling but overall it's pain freeeeeeeeee

gg for my 2nd session in 4wks time

Comment

• Riko: Thanks for the info!

Princiellie: Which branch did you go to and may i know who's your therapist? Thanks!

Comment

• hey! allure 20 has new promotion on ipl, anyone try it out? I mean the RF treatment?

Comment

• Originally posted by xiaoching View Post
                                hey! allure 20 has new promotion on ipl, anyone try it out? I mean the RF treatment?
                                wheres allure 20 at? and how much is the ipl treatment?

Comment

Working...
                                X