Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FANCL - raves / rants

Hey girls,

I'd love to try this line as I've heard a lot of good things about it. I'm welcome to hear any rants so I can avoid all the products that aren't all that great.

I have semi-sensitive skin and know that this line has no preservatives and is as natural as can be. I also have combination skin and can't use anything too rich. Please advise! :o

i love love love the washing powder! dullness on my face disappeared after a few weeks. my mom, SO & colleagues noticed! well after many mths i did try to look for a better one, was hoping to get higher performance cleanser but i found none! my face either dried out or became way too oily! so i am back @ FANCL washing powder! i hv combi skin & rarely breaks out.

the skin lotion & milky lotion are not worth trying, they don do anything. the moisture cream tho seems to be a good moisturizer, non sticky & moisturize me enough!

one other thing i love is the hand veil, i hv baby smooth hands now, but it's expensive the smount i slather on my hands!

Comment

Heard that HABA washing powder is better than Fancl. Anybody tried both? Dol?

Comment

Originally posted by "meow123"

Heard that HABA washing powder is better than Fancl. Anybody tried both? Dol?
        Nope, i did not try Fancl. Can't comment. I heard some gals get breakouts from their certain products.

Comment

Yup, only certain products.

Meow, you tried Fancl before?

Comment

Originally posted by "dolphin"

Which products, do you know? I thought FANCL was supposed to be specially formulated so as not to cause breakouts / irritate skin!

Comment

Meow, you tried Fancl before?
              I still have the trial set and yet to try. It expires within 60 days of opening so I want to make sure my skin is cleared up before using. I thought it is supposed to be free of preservatives and good for sensitive skin. So I am wondering how come there is breakouts...hmmm...

Comment

Like Tense up drink...supposingly it works like Brands Bird's nest, giving u radiance and glow ...some gals drank it and have breakouts after that. Yup, beats me too!

I haven't have the chance to try this brand ... maybe soon.
                I tried tense up before too. Finished one whole box and there was no effect. No radiance, no glow and I was just as tensed up Didnt continue because it is too expensive. I still think bird nest is better.

Comment

Originally posted by "meow123"

I tried tense up before too. Finished one whole box and there was no effect. No radiance, no glow and I was just as tensed up
                  *LOL* That's a good one!!!

How does Tense Up taste anyway? Everytime I read FANCL's brochures about all these fancy drinks they have to improve your skin etc., I always imagine they must taste really bad....like chalky water or something. BLeaaah.

Comment

Originally posted by "pandora76"

Originally posted by meow123
                    I tried tense up before too. Finished one whole box and there was no effect. No radiance, no glow and I was just as tensed up
                    *LOL* That's a good one!!!

How does Tense Up taste anyway? Everytime I read FANCL's brochures about all these fancy drinks they have to improve your skin etc., I always imagine they must taste really bad....like chalky water or something. BLeaaah.
                    The Tense Up drink taste like orange with slight sour taste. No chalky water taste. It tastes great if not I wldn't have finished up the entire box.

Comment

Originally posted by "pandora76"

Originally posted by farahdean
                      i love love love the washing powder! dullness on my face disappeared after a few weeks. my mom, SO & colleagues noticed! well after many mths i did try to look for a better one, was hoping to get higher performance cleanser but i found none! my face either dried out or became way too oily! so i am back @ FANCL washing powder! i hv combi skin & rarely breaks out.
                      Great, I can chcek this out when my KB runs out. Anyway there's a FANCL booth near where I live, so it's very convenient. :wink:
                      & when u r there look for Wendy! she is nice & patient & don push for sales. in fact all FANCL SAs are nice just that wendy tells from personal experience coz se takes like so many supplements & tense up & that slimming drink thingy.

Comment

harlow,

i like fancl fenatty s range..esp the washing powder as the foam feels so light on my face..am also currently using the mild cleansing oil..preferred it to KP or Shu's cleansing oil..not so oily and feels refreshed after rinising..am thinking of trying the moist charge pack today..but have not bought it yet..the only thing is that i must constantly keep track of the expiry date and its so tiring...

Comment

I love Fancl Mild Cleansing Oil & their Washing Liquid Cleanser. It has a nice mild scent, not too strong. I actually found Shu VERY scented in comparison. And it is very mild. I also love using their cleansing sponge with their washing liquid cleanser. It kinda provides me with this mild exfoliating effect.

All their other stuff is nothing special imo.

I actually purchased 3 months worth of Tense Up & drank it all! (Yeah, "mini-me's" must've been part of their focus groups when they did their market research!) I did not see anything significant other than that my skin was perhaps not as dry. More dewy & felt just nice overall. But I also got the same effects from taking Moist Plus supplements. Unfortunately, I'm a real sucker for inside out b/c I truly believe that surface stuff can only go... just to the surface.

Keep in mind that I live in Canada & yes, my skin DOES get dry(er) in th winter so for me, I did find it helpful.

Comment

Fancl prices?

What's the expiry like for the washing powder (somehow this term always remind me of clothes washing powder eekk)- I get very distressed when 'my stuff expires before I finish... I use my current Real Rice washing powder very slowly.

I know whitening masks come 3 in a box- how much is that retailing pls? Comments on it- how does it compare to SK-II Whitening mask or Sekkisei Lotion?

Moisture Charge Mask comes in a tube that seems to expire within a mth- best used daily I heard, isn't that quite a hassle? How much is it retailing? How does it compare to other hydrating masks eg. SK-II Hydrating mask, Biotherm's or Dermologica?

I fished this from FP (the thread there is way too long aack! and I still can't find the prices), about the different ranges avail.:

"Basic Fancl Set
                            For the not-so-sensitive skintypes. No 'S' series for normal to dry skin, 'S' series for more oily and pimply skin.

Fenatty range
                            For sensitive skintypes. No 'S' series for sensitive normal to dry skin, 'S' series for sensitive more oily and pimply skin.

Evante range
                            More for anti-aging skincare use. More suitable for matured skintypes or those who are interested in starting anti-aging skincare.

Boscia range
                            Currently only available in US. Seems like an all-rounder range with products for young problem skin all the way to anti-aging products.

Cleartune range
                            Currently available in HK and Singapore. For acne-prone skintypes."

Should I be trying Evante range instead? I'm out of whitening and hydrating masks- scouting for something new to try (and easier on the pocket than SK-II). Fine lines... aging skin

P.S. I dunno how to use the board!!! Can't hilite and bold certain parts???
                            Last edited by Medusa; 31-01-2003, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Re: Fancl prices?

Originally posted by champagne
                              Moisture Charge Mask comes in a tube that seems to expire within a mth- best used daily I heard, isn't that quite a hassle? How much is it retailing? How does it compare to other hydrating masks eg. SK-II Hydrating mask, Biotherm's or Dermologica?
                              i used moist charge mask when Fancl came to our island. it does leave the skin silky smooth & moisturized when my skin has dry spells! i use it 2X/week max & it's $26/tube.

i use Sekkesei mask now coz it leaves me moisturized as well as lightens my spots. i need the whitening effect more now.
                              :D

Comment

Working...
                              X