No announcement yet.

MAKEUP NEWBIES: how to start making up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i am new to mu.duno what to get for my acne prone skin with blemishes and enlarge pores tt tends to clogged.liquid fdn?powder fdn(will it clogged?)?
    where can u get cheap and good cleansing milk for removing mu?
    TIA~
    Last edited by bubbly19; 14-12-2005, 06:33 PM.

Comment

• Neutrogena Deep Clean Cleansing Lotion is a great MU remover.Tough enough to remove even the harshest MU but gentle enough to use around the eye area. Plus it's very affordable

Comment

• Originally posted by llucidity
        Neutrogena Deep Clean Cleansing Lotion is a great MU remover.Tough enough to remove even the harshest MU but gentle enough to use around the eye area. Plus it's very affordable
        where to get it and price?can it remove waterproof mu like waterproof mascara and eyeliner?will it sting the eye like most mu remover?

Comment

• hi bubbly19, welcome to CC!

please refrain from quoting when it's obvious what you're referring to. you might want to go back and edit your post. thanks

neutrogena can be found at wastons & guardian

Comment

• Chanced upon this site (http://www.makeupsense.com/guide/introduction/), I think it's pretty good. It explains the different types of eyes and how to enhance them. =)

Comment

• Originally posted by bubbly19
              where to get it and price?can it remove waterproof mu like waterproof mascara and eyeliner?will it sting the eye like most mu remover?
              I cant remember the exact price but it's definitely below $20. And yes it removes waterproof MU and doesn't sting the eyes

Comment

• free/ very cheap beginner's course?

anyways i can learn MU from scratch @ cheap cost? i read website & mags but the more i read the more blur i am... need a real person to teach

better still, any super duper kind souls volunteer to teach me at the cost of a Mcdonalds meal?

Comment

• me too! i totally don't know makeup at all & i wish to learn! but makeup workshops are way too ex for me *sobz* where can i learn makeup for free or below $20?

worse still, my face has pimples & large pores *sigh*

Comment

• Hi, some CCs do conduct make-up course.
                    Try this link: http://160.96.187.35/NASApp/cconline/main.do
                    Hope it can help you.

Comment

• Actually makeup don't have a specific technique. You can just have blusher and eyeliner and voila! you're all madeup. :D

you can try www.makeuptalk.com. They have lots of step-by-step tutorials

good luck, girls!

Comment

• hi...

Like what the others have mentioned, going to a makeup counter is really essential to learn the correct way of applying. Besides that, you will learn which colours suit you best too...

I know that recently the Lancom makeup counter at Isetan(Wisma) are having free make over session. But of course you gotta book an appt first. Perhaps beginner can check it out too. My friend went once and its quite good. The make-up artiste ain't pushy after the whole session so you dont have to buy their product on spot.

They apply makeup on one half of your face and you have will to apply the other half your own. the main purpose is for you to learn. Quite effective....

Comment

• Hi Girls, if you are interested to learn the basics of makeup, I can offer to teach you. There will be a minimum cost of SGD10 for this session of 2 hours at my home. If you are interested, I can start a class with a minimum of 5 persons. I am not a professional makeup artist but I graduated with a cert. Anyone who's interested can drop me a mail at [email protected].

PS: You have to bring your own cosmetics along...

Comment

• hi girls..
                            how you girls use those pencil eye liner?
                            i seems to have problems drawing them on.
                            any tips for me?

besides that, is there any technique for using mascara?
                            i'm refering to those type of masaca which have double ends which is use to extend the lashes.

Thanx

Comment

• Originally posted by iniminiminimo
                              Buy a good concealor to hide blemishes n foundation to make it flawless, neutral colour lipliner so you lips looks great even after a meal.

Invest in gd concealor n foundation.

silky girl loose powder to set...

cheap lipstick n lipgloss will do. lipstick get one in natural colour n one deeper colour for nite. Can use the lipstick as a blusher n eyeshadow base if u like

buy cheap eyeshadow will do also and line with cheap eye liner...

white matte eyeshadow for highlighting your face

cheap mascara for your eyes n can brush lightly on your brows too

Can go SaSa buy sample size branded cosmetic...its cheap n the quality is there.

hi everyone! pls help me! after using the loose powder to set, do i still nid to apply anymore foundation or other powder? im using loreal's foundation now and by noon time, my foundation tends to disappear =( is it because of my oily skin? is there other recommendations of powders or foundations which is more affordable for acne skin??

Comment

• You don't need anymore foundation after loose powder. You should blot when you skin gets oily and apply another layer of powder. A compact powder would be more convenient to bring out. MAC has a blot powder which you can just use to touch up without blotting.

Comment

Working...
                                X