All About Contact Lenses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All About Contact Lenses

Care to share on wearing Daily Disposable Contact Lenses?

Pro: No need to wash lenses everyday, stored them in solutions. Hygenic etc..
    Con: Equal to 'throw' away about SGD$2 dollar note each day if you used daily disposable CL.

Which brand have you tried & comments?
    Which brand is the cheapest?

i've tried acuvue one day disposables when i first started wearing contacts. mother didn't trust me with cleaning it so she got me that one box lasted me an entire year though cause i don't wear them often!

very very very comfy! only problem was that it was very soft and filmsy and takes alot of time for me to put it on in the morning. other than that, very very comfy. i can wear it for more than 12 hours even though its my first time wearing contacts

hth!

Comment

I've tried both acuvue and focus. I much prefer focus coz the curvature fitted my eyes better and thus is a lot more comfortable. It really depends on individual which brand is better so speak to an optometrist to get advice.

Daily disposables are convenient, but a little pricy to use daily. I usually only use them while on holidays or stayovers at bf/friends place. Convenient also to keep a pair or 2 in the bag for emergencies.

Comment

currently using Monthly Disposable FreshKon 38 brand.
        Not too bad, actually don't know how to tell also.

used Biomedics 38 before..

want to buy daily disposable for holiday convenience sake too..
        was recommended FreshKon brand again when i asked.

Comment

I have tried both CIBA FOCUS DAILY and Acuvue, starting last year most of the lenses ( be it monthly, weekly) have been giving me problem ( dryness) and finally decide to try out the daily to see if it makes a difference and oh boy..it does...but I don't like the Focus daily..it just wasn't comfy enough for me . Acuvue dialy is what I am wearing now ...it is costlier but my eyes are the important part of me so I don't mind paying more as long as it works.
          So...the brands i tried : FOCUS, BIOMEDIC, ACUVUE...the former two didn't feel comfy enough.....the latter to me is the best although.....visual-wise, I have to say Acuvue doesn't give me as sharp vision as the former two, but I settle for comfort over that ...

Comment

Boyfriend using them for the sake of convenience in NS. he's using Focus Dailies. so far so good. he likes that they're soft and flimsy because they adhere to the eye better.

Comment

I don't wear contact lens but hubby does. He switch between Focus Dailies and Puri Yves depending on which is giving the "buy 5 box get 1 box free" promotion That works out to less than $2 a day We checked the boxes and realised that these two brands contain exactly the same thing (in terms of solution, etc) and are manufactured by the same company too

I guess the advantages of wearing daily disposable lenses are definitely there. Hubby used to be prone to eye infection though he is a clean freak when it comes to taking care of his contact lenses. He tried hard lenses and monthly disposables before but only daily disposables are the most reliable in terms of not promoting eye infection. That is why he is willing to pay the premium for them

Comment

Originally posted by Vonnie
                Focus Dailies and Puri Yves depending on which is giving the "buy 5 box get 1 box free" promotion That works out to less than $2 a day We checked the boxes and realised that these two brands contain exactly the same thing (in terms of solution, etc) and are manufactured by the same company too
                hey vonnie! :yaya: where to get this promotion?

the person told me Biomedics & FreshKon were from the same company (US)..
                as he was convincing me to change to FreshKon & price was about the same. strange, isn't it? :huh:

Comment

Colored disposable contacts

you know the new acurve colored disposables that they have been advertising, how is it? Anyone tried?

if you have worn colored contacts before, are there any difference between the brands? As in, are the colors of certain brands brighter than the rest?

thought of trying it...

Comment

I've tried Acuvue and Focus. Though the former is more expensive ($45 per box, compared to $35), I prefer it as it's much more comfortable, and the lenses seem thinner compared to Focus.

The curvature of the lens for Focus doesn't seem to fit my eyes too well, and sometimes the lens will just pop out of my eyes when I blink. No kidding.

For Acuvue, once I put them on, they stay there, they feel totally comfortable, and I can wear them from 8 in the morning to 11 at night without feeling exceedingly tired.

I'm trying to finish my last box of Focus, before I head back to buy Acuvue. The latter works better for me, and since I don't wear contact lenses on a daily basis, the higher cost is justified by the comfort

Comment

Re: Colored disposable contacts

Originally posted by Sugarplum
                      if you have worn colored contacts before, are there any difference between the brands? As in, are the colors of certain brands brighter than the rest?
                      I worn coloured contact lenses before but I forgot which brand. But, I remember my optician letting me try out the different colours and brand.

If you are a serious buyer, I'm sure your optician will let you try them out too.

Comment

I was using Acuvue previously, found them very comfy but the problem is they tear very easily. Don't know if they're too filmsy or that I'm too rough, but I had to throw away one or two unused lenses every week due to tearing.

I've switch to Focus Dailies which I didn't quite like at first, just wasn't as comfortable as Acuvue. But now I've gotten used to them and don't feel anything, so overall I'm happy with this brand.

Comment

coloured contacts

Anyone tried the radiance fresh look coloured contacts before? Do you the colours look subtle on your eyes?

Comment

it's supposed to be the more subtle version of coloured contacts right? if so, i've tried "eden" before. do like how it looks but it's pretty dry & uncomfortable.. plus, it's expensive too!

Comment

Duckiee: Yeah, i used to use the freshlook browns and i got so used to them i thought it looked natural..but i stopped using it for quite a while and used normal lenses, and recently when i wore them again i thought they looked so obvious and am not used to seeing myself in them! They aren't very comfortable and not too practical for long days but I'm only thinking of buying 1-2 pairs for days when i feel vain

You tried the Eden? The green ones? Did you look scary in them? I think i'm going to get Autumn. This link is very useful..heheh

http://www.cibavision.com/products/c...reshlook.shtml

Comment

Working...
                              X