• Show
Clear All

• Makeup Lesson/Certification/School

Let's compile! And find some kakis (buddies) to go with :D

Personal
    MUFE
    Size: one to one
    Syllabus: looks flexible to me
    price: $200 or $170 for Robinson's card holder. Fully redeemable.
    Length: 3 hrs
    Venue: MUFE at Robinson's Centerpoint

I Nuovi
    Size: min. 10 pax. Register and more details at http://www.inuovi.com
    Syllabus: Professional OR Glamorous
    Price: $25 for EACH syllabus. Fully redeemable
    Length:
    Venue:

The School of Makeup (Delfi Orchard 3rd floor)
    Size: one to one
    Syllabus: foundation, shading/blush, brows
    day/night looks. Sounds flexible.
    Price: $180
    Length: for 2x2hrs.
    Venue: school itself

thanks Pap! im interested in the third one. but Lea said i already know the basics of makeup, so no point wasting money... :ROFL: what exactly can they teach you? other than the basics i already know?

Comment

DETAILS ON I NOUVI

they basically offer 3 courses:

BASIC
      Define your style with I NUOVI COSMETICS. Get down to the basics as our certified beauty instructors impart you professional makeup fundamentals. Speed through a complete skincare regime, then pick up quick tips on how to put your makeup on in five minutes FLAT. Familiarize yourself with professional makeup application techniques, realize what works for you and what doesn't, and achieve a look that is completely, utterly you.

Looking good has never been so simple.

LESSON PLAN
      ? Finding your beauty style
      ? Individual face analysis
      ? Getting the right tools
      ? Basic skincare
      ? Applying the right foundation
      ? Concealing
      ? Colour application & blending
      ? Enhancing the eyes
      ? Achieving a more finished look

LESSON FEE: S$25.00 PER PERSON
      Fee is fully redeemable against product purchase after workshop attendance on the same day only. Redemption is strictly not allowed without workshop attendance. Workshop will only commence if class size meets the minimum of 10 pax per session.

PROFESSIONAL

A professional business image is an integral part of a modern corporate society. It is no longer enough to do your work well; now, you have to look good too. Take that extra step towards impressing your clients, or clinching that deal, as our professional makeup artists show you how to best represent yourself and your company.

Be your absolute best in any situation by looking the part of a well-groomed, modern professional.

LESSON PLAN
      ? Basic skincare
      ? Colours for the office
      ? Makeup for an interview
      ? Makeup for evening entertainment
      ? Colour application
      ? Touch-up tips
      ? Hair & nail care

CORPORATE WORKSHOP SYALLBUS
      Corporate makeup workshops for image building are available for booking at 6848-4886 ext. 2.
      Syllabus may be specifically tailored to suit individual companies.

Fee is fully redeemable against product purchase after workshop attendance on the same day only. Redemption is strictly not allowed without workshop attendance. Workshop will only commence if class size meets the minimum of 10 pax per session.

GLAMOROUS

Step into the limelight with I NUOVI COSMETICS! Learn the secrets of celebrity style as our makeup artist to the stars shows you how to add that touch of extra sparkle. Realize the difference between an everyday look and the look of a true superstar. Uncover the tricks of the trade to up your glamour quotient, and unearth the hidden appeal in you.

Superstar glamour has never been easier!

LESSON PLAN
      ? Basic skincare
      ? Understanding celebrity glamour
      ? Glamorous colours to choose from
      ? Dramatic colour application
      ? Glitter application

Comment

my mum and me are interested in the one conducted by the school of makeup. might go down next week and will report back!

Comment

do please!

Comment

Tricolore

Jason does course too - $250 for 3h.

he basically has three types -

1. Personal Upgrading
            For you to learn how to apply makeup for yourself - applications, choosing and matching colours, how to go from day to night, how to groom your brows.. basically just how to apply makeup on yourself decently. you can even bring your makeup stash down for him to look through!

2. Makeup for Others
            For you to learn how to apply makeup for others. this is basically if you already know how to apply makeup, but want to learn how to do it for others, especially for bridal looks. some people take this course so they can freelance themselves amongst their friends.

3. Professional
            For you to learn how to apply professional makeup, for runway shows, stage, bridal... the works.

they arent set in stone, so you should just call him and tell him what your level of expertise is and what you're interested in. jason's really sweet and easy to talk to. plus, he's not snooty at all and he always makes an effort to ensure you can duplicate anything he does for you.

also, you dont have to worry about him hardselling his products, which some brands do.

worth a try if you've the money.

Comment

Re: Tricolore

This is on a one to one?? What about a group basis
              Last edited by Glossie; 09-01-2005, 10:59 AM.

Comment

yeap, all these are one to one. i dont know if he offers group tutorials, but he's quite flexible. i could ask him if you want? but it's best if you called him and told him your "requirements" so he can discuss the terms with him immediately.

Comment

it would be fun to have a group of CCers isn't it? most prob they'll charge cheaper too
                  Last edited by Glossie; 09-01-2005, 11:00 AM.

Comment

$250 is expensive! is it redemmable for his products???

Comment

i have attend all three..
                      the mufe is good,very flexible,three hrs is splitted to 3 sessions,and its arraged to your preferred schedule..
                      it really fun,can play with all their makeup and redeemed bit by bit during each lesson

for i nuovi,i've attended the glamourous course..not really fun,during the process,the sa will keep coming in and collect the used tissues,wat a disturbance..and the sa can't help to blend the eye shadow well,the trainer also say it not blended properly..time wasting

for school of makeup,u will not be taught directly frm peter angle,instead his staff will be teaching which is not very professional..she will leave u alone most of the time to entertained her students,very un professional

Comment

thanks for the info lecia. MUFE did conduct a course some time back. it costs $500. it covers 10 lessons which are done in 4 sessions of 2 and a half hours each. after which, you'll redeem a makeup brush set worth $250. not sure if this is an on-going course or just a one off. read about it some time ago actually. back in april perhaps. can call and check. the upfront cost is high and not too sure if the quality of brushes are good.

Comment

Thanks Lecia! Very helpful feedback

Did you find the MUFE worth it? Really learn some fancy tricks about where and how to apply the colors?

I don't find MUFE brushes nice, it's dry and scratchy. Tt's why though a good deal being fully redeemable, I'm procrastinating because I can't find $170 worth of stuff I want to buy!

Comment

Originally posted by kab
                            $250 is expensive! is it redemmable for his products???
                            nope!

blushed: it would be quite fun wouldnt it? but the beauty of one to one courses is that he can tailor and personalise it specially for you. this would be harder to do on a group basis.

Comment

Originally posted by ataraxia
                              nope!

Faint

Comment

Working...
                              X