X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hair Salon & Stylist

nice haircut, flowerfairy!
    *make note to try Gary Soh the next time*
    i've an appt to cut mine at Shunji Matsuo on monday. Have been going there ever since Salon Le Bis at NAC got too expensive

Hairdresser, who's yours?

Where are you currently going for haircuts and other services? (do list down the location and tel no if you can)

How would you rate your hair stylist on a scale of 10?

How much does it cost for a cut?

How often do you go for a cut/trim/other hair services?

Comment

My own replies:

For haircuts, I visit Vive at scotts shopping centre (67341311), my hairdresser is Winson. He is good, only that you have to be able to converse relatively well in mandarin with him (I use a variety of pictures to do the job, after all, how in the world do you say wisps, shreds, layers, bob and blunt in mandarin!?). If he gets you, he does a fantastic job!

The price is around $60 or so I think? Usually i go for other services as well, a cut + treatment thingy costs around $120-$150

I TRY to go for a trim/cut every month of max 1.5 mths to keep the "look". I have short hair (sort of a bob), and short hair looks terrible when its all grown out and messy.

Last edited by Glossie; 23-02-2005, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Re: Hairdresser, who's yours?

Where are you currently going for haircuts and other services? (do list down the location and tel no if you can)
        Most of the time i will go to Storm in Century Square to cut and wash my hair.. Will ask for June - a senior hair stylist..
        For those who are interested - 6785 4844
        Normally, i just walk in.. Don't really call and book appointment..

She will know what I want when i describe the style to her.. Think she got 7-8/10..

During promotional period is $19.90 for cut and wash.. But for normal rate, don't really know.. Haha, just happened that when i'm going to cut/trim my hair, there's always promotion available.. Count myself lucky..

Around 3-4 months if i feel like changing a new hairstyle..

Comment

I always wonder, if I wanna keep my hair long, how often should I run to the hairdresser? If too often, my hair will never reach the desired length. But if I do not visit regularly, my hair will go out of shape...any advices?

Comment

Hmm... I've heard others saying that if you trim your hair regularly, they will actually grow much faster.. If in this case, you can keep your hair long and at the same time, in shape..

Personally, this relates to me..
            Last edited by Glossie; 23-02-2005, 08:07 PM.

Comment

I've heard of this theory before, but then maybe it's psychological? Cos hair grows from the roots, not the ends. So trimming off the ends should not make it grow faster. Maybe it's cos' it seems easier to grow the hair when you're happy with the style? I am not sure. But I find trimming every 1 month or so very expensive...cos' I always get psycho-ed by the hairdresser to do colour, treatment, etc etc... :|
              Last edited by Glossie; 23-02-2005, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Good topic! I should give credit where it's due...

Cut & colour all at The Hair Shop, Paragon, Level 5 (near Hollywood Secrets). My hair stylist is Sam (Director).

9/10. He seems to know instinctively what will look good on me and he makes sure I take care of my hair (nag, nag). He's also very assured in his cutting....I feel like I can totally trust my crowning glory to him. I've also seen his work in magazines....very nice!!!

$85 (but then that's because he's the Director)

Trim every 2 months. Highlights: touchup every 4 - 6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Riverie
                  I always wonder, if I wanna keep my hair long, how often should I run to the hairdresser? If too often, my hair will never reach the desired length. But if I do not visit regularly, my hair will go out of shape...any advices?
                  yup, i agree with Summer, the best thing to do is to trim regularly while waiting for your hair to grow. I used to be crazy about short dos for a while, and my experience growing hair out after that phase is that trimming really does not make that difference if you trim just a little every 1-2 months. And I'm sure you'd want your hair to look great while waiting for it to grow out right?

Comment

I hop around for hair stylists... maybe becoz i have yet to find THE ONE for mine extremely fine and flat hair. Very little too and so it's hard to find someone to do the job very well. I used to faithfully goes to this hair stylist at Kimarie years back and i always like what she does to my hair but she went overseas and since then i had yet to find another good one .. so i always hop around :p

Since i have long hair ... and it's kind hard to create very different styles ( i missed my short hair days when i tried all sorts of styles)... so i try not to spend more den $50 on a cut.. usually it's just a trim to make my hair look neater.

I find dat when i get an average-skilled cut, i need to go for a trim in 2 months time coz my hair look really messy and ungroom by then. But if i meet a better hair-stylist , den my hair can last like 6months? Yes.. i last cut my hair back in September 2002... hahahaa

Will be going for my hair cut soon though.... any good stylists who can really do fine limp hair well ??

Comment

Used to patronise Mahogany at Wisland House.... but that was when I was a student and entitled 50% off.... so that's like still $40 after discount, glurp! But I love the hair spa there, very therapeutic, ok, so the treatment pdts used are the Loreal Keratease range, and it cose like more than $150 for a treatment... but boy is it so luxurious.... My hairstylist then is Lily, the senior manger... very fast but very good also.
                      Now I go to Jean Yip at Bishan.... Hair Sylist is Jeff.... He is not bad, very attentive, and makes sure my layers are defined and well cut....I did my hgihlights there too, and knowing how paranoid I am about it, he chose this lovely subtle brown highlights that utterly suits my skintone. Cost less than $40.

Hmmmm Liliy will get a 7 while Jeff will get a 6. I've yet to find my HG for this

About $40

ABout once every 6-8 weeks depending on when I'm free....

Comment

I'm a salon hopper! I used to patronise Soh Hair Salon by Gary for cut and colorings. My last haircut was from Reds @ Bugis by Lawrence.

Gary - 7/10. I find him good for short haircut. This I would rate 8/10.
                        Lawrence - 8/10.

About $30 - 40 depending on your hair length.

About 2 - 3 months for haircut. Color - about 4 - 6 months. I hardly do any other hair treatments.

Comment

Originally posted by Riverie
                          I'm probably the least qualified person to say this, but what I did was to visit the salon everytime my hair was out of shape.

Hmm, hairdresser told me to do so once every two months, but I think you have to rely on your instinct. When you feel that the shape is not there or hair seems "heavy" or thick at the sides, I say it's time.

Comment

I'm a salon hopper too. I frequent Tony and Guy, Shunji Matsuo, ISIS, Hollywood Secrets and other assorted neighbourhood salons.

Shunji Matsuo is great with Japanese hairstyles, the best compliment haircut I had from Shunji was this chin-length bob. Cost about $65 and he never pushes his customers for this and that so you can assure you will not pay more.

I prefer to colour my hair at ISIS. My friend did her rebonding down there and has lots of compliment. For some reason, even though the same friend has received fantastic haircuts from IS too, I'm not as lucky. Funny. Haircut (with the director, Irene) is around $55. Colours can be more than $200. Rebond is around $400.

Comment

Originally posted by Joce7878
                              $55 and then still got discount? Wah quite cheap... but the treatment is expensive? Good ?
                              The treatment package is $400 plus I think and gives u 5+1 free treatment or 4+1 free and 50% discount for haircut (4 times?) + 50% discount for hair colour (3x). Quite worth it becos I colour my hair quite often and I go for hair cut every two mths....The treatment is quite relaxing and it varies each time depending on your hair condition. But I wld say the treatment cannot never beat the ones at Mahogany......love that place for hair treatment.....

Comment

Working...
                              X