X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alima Mineral Makeup

Has anyone tried this?

http://www.alimacosmetics.com

The reviews at makeupalley are so good! I'm thinking of trying their foundations and bronzers (now that they are on sale).

Do share your comments / reviews if you've tried them!

I've been wanting to try Alima too... and loves to hear from cotters who've tried any stuff from this line!

Comment

i received a few samples from a swapper n they are wonderful!!

Comment

ilurvemac, what shades did you receive? I'm trying to figure out my foundation shade before I order from them.

Comment

i did not receive any foundation shade but i received a few blusher shades like Rosa, sugar rose, peony, sahara (the only color i dont like cause its more like a bronzer) n tea rose, theres one thats v nice but i forgot which : (.. n a illuminating shimmer powder - Amrita which from the website it says it OOS.. bnut the color is a gold highlighter with a lovely sheen!

Comment

I'm lusting after Apricot and Ginger!

http://www.alimacosmetics.com/roi/66...n-Matte-Blush/

Comment

Hi Poochi,

Would be interested in combining for Alima stuff. The foundation range is simply amazing, am confused as to what to get.

Have you seen Pure Luxe Cosmetics in other threads? Wonder which is better, Alima or Pure Luxe? My concern is that some mineral cosmetics may be too drying, or not be suitable for humid weather. Pure Luxe says their cosmetics are good in humidity, light yet good coverage etc. Wonder if every mineral cosmetic company has this claim.

http://pureluxecosmetics.com/page10.html

Comment

lladyrain, I gave up on organizing a spree- too much hassle. So I ordered from Everyday Minerals, because their samples are smaller and cheaper (but overall, their shipping is more expensive). Still hoping to try out Alima one day!

I think different brands suit different skins - some prefer Alima - some prefer BE/ Pure Luxe/ Everyday Minerals. It's all a matter of trial and error!

Thanks for reminding me about Pure Luxe...I think I'll make an order there next!

Comment

Heh, yeah, probably a little tough to coordinate all the orders.

If I ever do order from Alima, will let you know how it is. It just looks so tempting with so many foundation colour options, and variety of makeup such as eyeshadow and blushers. Most mineral makeup sites do not have international shipping, are expensive or have a limited range of products.

Problem is, I'm scared that the mineral foundation would look cakey on my face. I've tried a lot of liquid foundations, and they look awful - because of humidity, I look like I have white spots on my face where the pores are. Fancl creamy foundation was like that for me. L'Oreal's True Match goes on well and doesn't cake on me, but their N1 or R1 is too dark for me! It makes my face darker than my neck! And oxidises. Sigh.

Any idea if mineral foundations or mineral makeup will oxidise in Singapore's hot weather?

Just found this review on a blogsite. With before and after pics. The person in the pic is Asian, so at least can see how the mineral makeup performs on Asian skin types.
                  http://www.themineralmakeup.com/mine...cs/10/22/2006/

Comment

lladyrain, you may want to try Lily Lolo - their eyeshadows are quite nice but I find them a little expensive. The samples are also rather small.

I'm waiting for my Everyday Minerals order - I ordered some blushes and a couple of foundation samples. Once it arrives I'll update with reviews!

That said, if you have a problem with cakey-looking makeup and oxidisation, you may want to try MAC's Fix+ Spray:

http://www.maccosmetics.com/template...CT_ID=PROD1535

the reviews for it are generally quite good. You may want to give it a shot! I'm using it now and I think it's not bad. I have normal/ combination skin.

Thanks for the mineral makeup review link! It looks like a very good resource - I bet it's going to create new lemmings for me.

Comment

Originally posted by ilurvemac View Post
                      i did not receive any foundation shade but i received a few blusher shades like Rosa, sugar rose, peony, sahara (the only color i dont like cause its more like a bronzer) n tea rose, theres one thats v nice but i forgot which : (.. n a illuminating shimmer powder - Amrita which from the website it says it OOS.. bnut the color is a gold highlighter with a lovely sheen!
                      hi ilurvemac, how does Alima compare with other MMU? do u have any reviews?

Comment

Originally posted by poochi View Post
                        lladyrain, you may want to try Lily Lolo - their eyeshadows are quite nice but I find them a little expensive. The samples are also rather small.
                        Thanks for the advice and info, Poochi! I'm very confused after doing my research on mineral cosmetics. So many, and many differing reviews. Yes, you're right, it boils down to trial and error, and what suits your skintype.

After doing research until 3plus am last night, I had a dream! Dreamt that a make up artist was putting mineral makeup (loose mineral foundation) on me. It was vivid in my dream that the MU artist was fluffing her brush downwards on my face. Realised when I woke up, that I've been reading a lot on how to put on mineral makeup - must put it downwards, cos if you fluff the brush upwards, it will make pores obvious, look cakey etc. Gosh... I think I better do less surfing on the Net for mineral makeup for now!

Anyway, back on the research I was doing. I read that Lumiere cosmetics (http://www.lumierecosmetics.com/) was good - the coverage is medium to full, the powder is like a cream that 'melts' onto the face... and they sell quite interesting stuff.

I thought, great, Lumiere is cheaper for shipping to Singapore (US$6 vs Alima's US$8 ), and their stuff are cheaper. However, after doing even more research, I think I'm more tempted to get Alima's products.

Alima's colours for foundation, powder and highlighting powder seem less confusing. And also, their blusher colours are a more interesting range. E.g. Lotus is a cool lilac pink, a more "pure" colour, whereas most other brands have brown based or more 'muddy' shades for blushers. The eyeshadow range is astounding too. And the finishes (e.g. luminous, matte, etc) are pretty good too.

And although Makeup Alley forums rave about Lumiere, saying that it is moisturising, these other forums say that Alima is less drying than Lumiere. Besides, more people on Makeup Alley forums have reviewed Alima.

Here are some interesting forum pages:
                        Lumiere vs Alima
                        http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum....php?tid=20714
                        Pure Luxe vs Alima:
                        http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum....php?tid=17147

So many choices...

Comment

Hi Queen Saffy - blushes sale last day is today - March 20th!!

I received my order from last week today and saw that Apple Blossom is soooo pretty. The blush brush is also divine... very soft and non irritating!

I was about to place order (even though I did say that my son's milk $$ for the month is gone...) because I wanted to catch the 20% off the Apple Blossom... Am also interested in the foundation brush now that I've seen how soft the blush brush is!

If you see this post before midnight tonight PM me??? O wait, I dunno if this forum can PM... or just reply to this thread - will check it...

Comment

Haha, am tempted by the brush too! How is the smaller one? Am contemplating on that too ...

Comment

Originally posted by Queen Saffy View Post
                              Haha, am tempted by the brush too! How is the smaller one? Am contemplating on that too ...
                              The smaller one is nice and soft and perfect for blush application! I've been looking for a good blusher brush and I think this is it!

I also mentioned on the EM thread that it's ok to miss the sale - can order whenever you ready... I just get too excited sometimes...

Comment

Working...
                              X