Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Laser Treatments Improve Your Pitholes & Acne Scars ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sharing my experience :

First time trying OPT Lumenis with Joyce Lim clinic, never done this before, to lighten pigmentation due to age.

My OPT first time experience : IT HURTS!! very uncomfortable...
    Even after they apply thick numbing cream & cooling gel on your face (the light pulse is very intense, some parts feels like a very sharp uncomfortable snap, others are less sensitive). After the session, you feel that face is very hot, like sun-burn, some redness on skin, and it took 2 - 3 hours for mine to fade.

But as I had an unfortunate dry spell incident on my skin (due to a miscommunication on the aftercare regime prescribed by doctor) my skin is like aged old woman with many fine lines when you smile, very worrying when you start reading up on damages by IPL online.
    Only after about 10 days, while washing face so gently with only water, that some dried up skins peeled off with a gentle rub to the face. Then I realised, ok, like after sun burn, skin peels. then the tightness dehydration starts to disappear..

Effectiveness of OPT : seems to brighten face a lot and even out skin tones very well. Pigments are still there, one session cannot clear all, must use creams diligently according to doctor to help with lightening the pigments.

Will I go for second OPT treatment : NO, due to bad experience with recovery.

Recovery/ post OPT experience with clinic : BAD
    Reason : There was a 6 days waiting period that ONLY Desonide can be used to soothe the irritation, I really didn't recall that nurses informed me that at the point of handing me the creams, I wish they at least had a written prescription... So for one week, wrong combination of creams, wrong lightening creams, I think as a result, my skin suffered 8 days of irritation, extreme tightness, dehydration, fine lines, very bad experience. I asked if OPT will cause dry spells in skin, they say NO, so I can only attribute my condition to the wrong usage of creams.

The only consolation was that the doctor returned all my calls & emails and tried to help and troubleshoot. Super Responsible!

Suggestion : if you are a newbie to all these treatment like myself, ask questions, and ask for written prescription to be sure instead of relying on memories, or maybe just choose a dermatologist that can be more caring towards your condition, and not just technically sound. To be fair to Dr Joyce Lim, she is very knowledgeable & responsible, but she will not be the most friendly doctor around if you require a little more assurance when you had a traumatic recovery experience like me and more information on suitable skincare. It always feels like she's in a hurry to move on, and try to cut the consultation short. She makes very quick examination of your face, which I guess it's because she's an expert...Never tried other dermatologist before so I cannot comment if this is the norm.. I actually suffer two tiny spot of scars on the pigmentation right after the first OPT session coz' I saw the tiny open right after treatment, like a pin size prick (now drying up but still has a little minor scarring) but she insist its not a scar and there's no indentation. I'm not sure...I'm new to this, so I think I'd have to seek second opinion after all if this doesn't heal well in another two months..

But overall, my skin looks even now, I don't have serious pigmentation problems to clear, so I'd avoid all these so called "non-invasive" treatments from now. Actually to me, the light pulses were so intense they even hurt so bad (like snapping rubber bands) and your skin feel so "sun burned" after that, I don't agree it is totally "non-invasive", it is too uncomfortable and for me to think that my skin will not react to these lights was just plain naive....they did dry up, wrinkle up, and peel, like after sun burn..

Comment

• Originally posted by homemadehoney View Post
      hey there,

i also had the same problems as you. and i also did some research and trying out a couple of docs to find a suitable doc and treatment for me. i read the review (quite detailed) of this blogger- hazelhearts where she narrated and showed pics of her co2 fractional laser for her acne scars. i realized i've the same problems as her. stubbron pitted scars from picking.

so i emailed her and i asked her advice on dr chua- the doc that she mentioned on her blog. and she gave me an even more detailed narration of her story with him haha. a pleasant one. he;s a trusted and very honest doc so i decided to go see him. i like him very much because like hazelhearts said, he really care for your pockets one.

anyway, just wanted to let you know that you can consider dr chua from skinlab medical spa. i went to the one at wheelock and his co2 laser really helped my pitted scarings. i paid $800 which according to my research was the market price anw. but i they're giving one free co2 laser if you sign the package. got it from their mailer.

hope this info helps you in deciding a right doc. oh and here's the link
      http://hazelhearts.wordpress.com/201...re-cny-part-1/

I can understand why homemadehoney so support and spam for Dr Chua.

After looking through several forums, I went there. Dr Chua is really nice and hardly you can find someone like him. We chatted all the way throughout the session and he really take his time to answer all ur questions, even on other treatment. He even tried to google for some of the treatments I've wanted or explored upon.

He is honest to say that 'his girls will sell' but we don't have to buy. ****** I bought everything the girls sold anyway, since it was only 2 items. They are unlike others who try to push every single thing from. They didn't even want to sell me the sunblock until they knew I was going overseas.

Comment

• Enjoy saving up to 70% or more on dining, spa & retail @ 360Xperience Privilege Card

Comment

• Hey girls,

Just signed up an account today to know more about Laser. I'm considering Dr Chua as there are quite a number of good reviews. Anyone can share how much the charges and their treatment over there recently?
          Thanks!

Comment

• Hey ladies, am new here but just want to add my two cents worth doing laser with thomson women clinic at pacific plaza. Due to post-partum changes, ive been having pigmentation on my skin, on top of my old acne scars! Previously, have tried laser at a couple of places and i find my recent experience most satisfying. The asthetic doctor, Dr Liu, was very patient and professional in his explaination regarding the various types and side effects of the procedures. I hate it when i have the feeling that they are hard selling and also when the doctor seems to be in a haste to close the deal. At thomson, i didnt feel pressured at all! In the end, i opted to try their C02 laser and will be considering RF at a later time. Right now, my skin is still recovering. Initially it was red and tight, now after the old skin peeled off, i can see that my acne scars have lighten significantly. Another note worthy recommendation is their line of cu skin products. I did my own research after purchasing them and apparently, they are all imported from korea. The difference between those sold in the clinic and over the cosmetic counter is that the ones sold at thomson are tailored for post-asthetic procedures like RF and lasers (hence more medically effective i assume). I do see a significant improvement in my skin unlike the previous few laser experience i had. Hopefully doing RF at a later date will help my condition further. Thanks for the many reviews that have benefitted me in this forum and i hope to help others with my review too.

Comment

• LinC Aesthetic Clinic at Liat Tower is good, friendly and nice lady doctor. Been to her a couple of times, she is not the pushy type who wants you to sign up laser packages or whatsoever. Even if the skincare that she prescribe you may not been able to adapt well just go back to her and she will get her staff to change it for you at no extra charge.

Comment

• Hey I've just joined this forum :D Just need some recommendation. I've read blogs, reviews and researched online about laser peels but I still can't make up my mind on what to go for.

I have enlarged pores (just like orange skin and they clog all the time, argh) and very oily skin. Mainly I need some treatment to rid of my acne scars (not very serious but it's been there for months), redness and blemishes (quite serious) and overly oily skin. From what I've researched Spectra Laser peels helps to eradicate these problems. Or do anybody have better recommendations?

TIA!

Comment

• Can anyone recommend me what type of laser or treatment is suitable for pitted scars?
                  And what is the market price for such treatments? (less i get scammed)

Thank!

Comment

• If you are looking for best best laser hair removal clinic in Patna then visit Dr Jyoti Clinic. However, used to provide better service. In fact used to take very care. The best thing is that used to spend ample time and then know the problem and thereafter start treatment.

best laser hair removal clinic in Patna
                    At Dr Jyoti’s clinic we spend an ample amount of time while diagnosing the skin based on tests and methods. This helps us to categorize treatment based on age, skin type, gender, exposure levels, environmental impact and personal life style etc.

Comment

• If you are looking for best best laser hair removal clinic in Patna then visit Dr Jyoti Clinic. However, used to provide better service. In fact used to take very care. The best thing is that used to spend ample time and then know the problem and thereafter start treatment.

best laser hair removal clinic in Patna
                      At Dr Jyoti’s clinic we spend an ample amount of time while diagnosing the skin based on tests and methods. This helps us to categorize treatment based on age, skin type, gender, exposure levels, environmental impact and personal life style etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X