Makeup Primer/Base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makeup Primer/Base

Thinking of getting a gd mu base but I have budget contraint Too much retail therapy recently.

Using chanel's dpf but it doesn't spread easily and will streak ard my lips, especially the area below my nose. Thinking if its due to my sunblock.
    Anyone using Whitia's mu base or others fav?

Latte, u might want to take a look at the By Terry, Armani and Ayura thread. They are highly recommended and widely discussed. Hope that helps!

Comment

tried whitia before. not too bad fo its price..

Comment

Ooh....fast response. thks.
        By Terry and the rest are 2 ex for me now....i could only think of Whitia base, the cheapest so far.

Comment

Re: Makeup base recommendation

Originally posted by "latte"

Thinking of getting a gd mu base but I have budget contraint Too much retail therapy recently.

Using chanel's dpf but it doesn't spread easily and will streak ard my lips, especially the area below my nose. Thinking if its due to my sunblock.
          Anyone using Whitia's mu base or others fav?
          Hi Latte!

What's your skin type & what kinda of coverage/effect do you prefer?

I really like RMK & Armani - so does a number of girls here!

can't comment on Whitia as I;ve never tried it .

HTH!

Comment

OH yes RMK rocks too,...Latte is that out of budget too? How abt Ettusais?

Comment

Hello latte :D

I tried a bit of Chanel's sheer illuminator on my hand last week... not bad.. gives a mattifying finish.

I have By Terry skin Enhancer... i find that it emphasize my dehydrated areas... or at least it cannot be used together at the same time with my smashbox's mattifer.

I like smashbox's foundation primer. This REALLY makes yoru skin very smooth and ready for foundation application. very silky and smooth feeling without any oilyness at all!

Another one i tried that is not bad is Shu Uemura UV makeup. Evens out my skin tone and is non- oily at all too !

HTH

Edited for language
              Last edited by Glossie; 26-12-2003, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by "ponine"

I tried a bit of Chanel's sheer illuminator on my hand last week... not bad.. gives a mattifying finish.

Chanel's Sheer Illuminator is not bad...really...but i'm too lazy to use m/u base...i still have quite a big tub of this actually...if you want, just PM me ok? :o

Comment

Re: Makeup base recommendation

Originally posted by "atypical"

Hi Latte!

What's your skin type & what kinda of coverage/effect do you prefer?

I really like RMK & Armani - so does a number of girls here!

can't comment on Whitia as I;ve never tried it .

HTH!

Hi Atypical,
                  How does Armani's one feels on skin?U are talking abt fluid sheer isit?

Latte,
                  If u want something cheap i recommend u the Whitia base...Its cheap, does an alrite job, doesnt cause streaking,not drying too.
                  Sometimes on my dehydrated skin days, i wld use the Whitia one rather than the Ayura coz Ayura base somehow causes streaking on me if my skin is not well-moisturised.

Edited for language
                  Last edited by Glossie; 26-12-2003, 01:14 PM.

Comment

I like smashbox's foundation primer. This REALLY makes yoru skin very smooth and ready for foundation application. very silky and smooth feeling without any oilyness at all!

Another one i tired dat is not bad is Shu Uemura UV makeup. Even out my skin tone and non- oily at all too !
                    These 2 are my fave too! The Ayura comes in a close third. The smashbox primer makes the skin feel velvety smooth.....too smooth to be true! :wink: Great for gals with oily skin.

I like the Shu base cos it's really light and has spf 17.

Comment

Originally posted by "ponine"

I have By Terry skin Enhancer... i find that it emphasize my dehydrated areas... or at least it cannot be used together at the same time with my smashbox's mattifer.
                      I also have this prob with the enhancer on dehydrated areas...I find that i cant use blemish gel underneath else it will turn cakey..Arghhh!!!
                      Last edited by Glossie; 30-11-2003, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Definitely recommend the Smashbox photofinish primer....makes your face so smooth, and foundation glides on effortlessly.
                        A bit pricey though.

Comment

Yup, resource is low....need to graze grass like a cow soon...Moooooo!!

Because Im using retin-a for my oily skin twice weekly, so my skin tends to get dehydrated sometimes. Anything that will accentuate my flaky is out Furthermore, the chanel's dpf oil control is 2 gd for me....

Smashbox not around anymore rite? Thks, let me "medidate" and see which one i should go for....
                          Last edited by Glossie; 29-11-2003, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by "tinkling"

Originally posted by ponine

I also have this prob with the enhancer on dehydrated areas...I find that i cant use blemish gel underneath else it will turn cakey..Arghhh!!!
                            Yes yes... i thought i was the only one who thought that the skin enhancer could be better.. hiak hiak

these days, i only use the skin enahncer only when i don't need foundation. Just the skin ehancer and loose powder thats all.

Too much together with the enhancer make my face cakey indeed :roll:
                            Last edited by Glossie; 29-11-2003, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by "KellyC"

Definitely recommend the Smashbox photofinish primer....makes your face so smooth, and foundation glides on effortlessly.
                              A bit pricey though.
                              Yup yup.. i quote what A MUAer said abt it: Like skin glass... makes your foundation glides on effortlessly..

Amazing.. one of the BEST product i found in 2002
                              Last edited by Glossie; 26-12-2003, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X