• Show
Clear All

• Underarm Hair Removal

hi, can you all share how you remove your armpit hair?~

I tweeze them once every few days.

Comment

I epilate it once a week

Comment

I usually use my Venis shaver with the gilette shaving cream everyday! sometimes i use a tweezer, but i find it too time consuming and i always have a neckache after that!

am trying to look for other ways to remove my underarm hair! i have a epilator - but it's not very effective in removing underarm hair because of the "curvature" of the area. i use it mainly for my leg hair!

have never tried waxing before. my facial place does offer waxing service, maybe one day i'll try!

have been reading all the info about IPL on cozycot. very tempted to try! but the price tag is holding me back....

Comment

I shave mine once a week.

Comment

shave? will it grow back very fast? and will it become ingrown hair if shave frequently?
            cos i used to shave my armpit hair but some become ingrown hair and i use tweeze but it's really time consuming and a torture to my neck.

Comment

Actually, the growth of hair vary from person to person. mine takes abt a week. I choose shaving as it's the most convenient method to me. DIY waxing is too messy for me & I read somewhere that prolong tweezing can cause our armpits skin to sag or loosen.

Comment

how about using those veet remover creams?
                faster too i think.

Comment

i've been going for IPL hair removal treatments. it works and i'm mighty pleased. i'm onto my 5th session. need only shave like once every 2 weeks. hair still grows but comes out pretty fine and sparse. hopefully, by the 8th session, the hair follicles wil be dead and never to be revived.

i believe there has been quite a discussion for IPL hair removal. do a search if you're interested to find out more. the thread will give you far more information than i can provide.

Comment

i have also used veet remover cream before, it quite ok ***

Comment

where to search the IPL thread?
                      how much does it cost?

Comment

the search function can be found at the top of the page. just type IPL hair removal and you'll probably get a list of threads. just read the ones most relevant to what you're looking for.

Comment

Ingrown Hair

ingrown hair at your armpit? what you going to do with it?

Comment

I think scrubbing helps. I epilate my arm pits. The instruction given to to scrub arm pits area to prevent ingrown hairs.

Comment

Haven't got any *touchwood* but probably you want to try this homemade recipe courtesy of IslandGirlSPN from MUA:

1) Crush 18 tablets of uncoated aspirin
                              2) Dissolve these in 5.5 oz of 70% rubbing alcohol
                              3) Crush 8 tablets of uncoated aspirin
                              4) Dissolve these in 2.5 oz of witch hazel
                              5) Combine the rubbing alcohol and witch hazel solutions. Some settling of aspirin may occur, just shake it well before you use it.

APPLY once a day after waxing to prevent and treat ingrown hairs

You could try Disprin for the Aspirin.. HTH

Comment

Working...
                              X