Oral Medications for Acne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oral Medications for Acne

anybody taken B5 as a form of acne control here?

i read some other overseas forums that they take B5 for their acne.

hi

I also read the same thing in a forum. But some said they lose their hair or something when stopped eating it or something along that line.

Quite scary!

But they said huge improvement on their skin.

So I think if you want to take Vit B5, maybe do more research and see the effects.
    I also read that you should take other vitamins with Vit B5.

Comment

i read that forum some time back too..
      its scary to see the dosage those people take.
      normally, the dosage u see on those bottles on shelves are less than or is 500mg. but those people are consuming about 5g a day!!!

Comment

To take any nutrients with moderation.
        I read that zinc is also good for acne.

Comment

try acidophilus.

im taking that now...for about 3 weeks...and it seems to be very benefical in keeping those zits at bay!

Comment

Originally posted by clammy
            try acidophilus.

im taking that now...for about 3 weeks...and it seems to be very benefical in keeping those zits at bay!

is that the germ is vitagen???

Comment

Originally posted by latte
              To take any nutrients with moderation.
              I read that zinc is also good for acne.
              I heard that zinc is good for healing scars.. Didn't know it is also good in controlling acne..

Comment

Once I was crazy over supplements, so went to read alot of such stuff for skin problems. In the end, I gave up...not commited to follow through. Maybe I should get some now since my skin starts to flare up recently.

Acidophilus pills can be obtained from Haba, GNC and other health stores. GNC has one particular supplement catered for acne, containing zinc, vitB6 and dunno what are the rest of the ingredients.

Comment

Originally posted by latte
                  Once I was crazy over supplements, so went to read alot of such stuff for skin problems. In the end, I gave up...not commited to follow through. Maybe I should get some now since my skin starts to flare up recently.

Acidophilus pills can be obtained from Haba, GNC and other health stores. GNC has one particular supplement catered for acne, containing zinc, vitB6 and dunno what are the rest of the ingredients.
                  Isn't the one that costs around $99?

Comment

$99 for that supplement from GNC! so dear......not 2 sure though.

Comment

Yap.. I remembered there's one that the SA told me.. It helps to introduce good bacteria and clear off those bad ones that actually produce those toxins and gives you breakouts.. It can also help to moisture your skin so it will glow from within.. Keeps you hydrated at all time. Sounds good right? But really ex.. and the whole box can only lasts for 3 weeks if i'm not wrong.. Take 2 tablets per day..
                      Last edited by Glossie; 16-01-2004, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Summer, u referring to Acidophilus pills from GNC? I think getting from haba would be much cheaper.
                        The other supplement containing zinc should cost much lesser, if i recall correctly.

Comment

Ehh.. Guess so.. I forgot the name already.. I just remembered that it is in a packet which is quite handy.. Not very big.. anyway, that time i was quite interested in it when i heard it can give you the radiance and glow from within.. *Tempted* now when you remind me again.. Thats a bad sign...
                          Last edited by Glossie; 16-01-2004, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Acnemiracle, some B5 info.

HTH!

Comment

Originally posted by clpersonal
                              Acnemiracle, some B5 info.

HTH!
                              Have you taken this before? Its not available in S'pore right?

Comment

Working...
                              X