GNG Contacts/Big-eye effect Contacts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNG Contacts/Big-eye effect Contacts

Hi cotters! Just want to know more about the GNG contacts, or those big-eyed kinds that's so popular now. Modders, I tried to search on this topic but came up with nothing, so I decided to create my own. Sorry if it's a repetition.

Do they look real? Cause I'm scared that if I wear it, I will look like I have two big black holes for my eyes, like a ghost out of those horror films. Are they able to like, reflect light like normal eyes?

Also, will the 1 year contacts really last for 1 year or not? Or will there be a lot discomfort like after half a year or so...

Which brands do you recommend?

I'm wearing the GnG lenses right now, those brown ones, but for a month only, so cant tell you if longer will be uncomfortable anot.. But it seems more softer than the usual lenses so quite comfy..
    Before this I was wearing the freshkon big eye effect.. At 1st do look weird, I thought I look like Sadako, but after a few days, got used to it & love the effect.. If u're eyes is on the small side maybe can choose those not so black ones..

Any idea where to order theGnG lenses, 'cause the one I went on spree no longer..

Comment

is the brand safe..?

Comment

Originally posted by fatcheeks View Post
        is the brand safe..?
        That's what I want to know also... Because I got a pair last time but my eyes became ultra painful whenever I put the contacts in after 2 months or so. Plus my friends say they don't dare to look at me in the eye cause my eyes look very scary.

Comment

I remember there was a story about this Taiwanese lady who took out her cornea together with such a lens. It seems that you need to be careful about wearing them for too long at a time. Don't want to scare anyone, just be careful, okie?

Comment

Originally posted by lyuira View Post
            I remember there was a story about this Taiwanese lady who took out her cornea together with such a lens. It seems that you need to be careful about wearing them for too long at a time. Don't want to scare anyone, just be careful, okie?

Oh ya, I also heard about the accident...quite gross that her entire cornea was stuck to the lens. But I think GNG should be quite safe?

Comment

OMG... that's super scary.. best is to get your lenses from a reliable source.. =)

Comment

Hey girls, there's some discrepancy rgd the authencity of the G&G lenses...
                check this out : http://lesdames.proboards82.com/inde...585914&page=16

meanwhile, try not to purchase any online cus it MIGHT not be safe.

ETA : Issue more or less resolved those who are keen, can go read up on it!
                Anyway, I bought #11 and i love it!
                Last edited by Ashlene; 28-04-2007, 07:56 PM.

Comment

ive been wearing GnG in gray for about a year. but the lenses dont really last a year for me as i'll change them every 2-3 months or so as it will get uncomfortable and "prickly" to wear. colour wise gray is very natural blended with a tinge of purplish-blue so under sunlight everyone asks me if im wearing blue or gray.

enlarges the iris sufficiently and doesnt look sadako-y.

HOWEVER. i had encountered this incident which i hope is one-off while using GnG. my eyes became very sensitive. there was a point of time where i believed i might have an infection as my eyes got teary easily and there are alot of excretions from the inner corners of my eyes.

and it will hurt whenever i insert any lens into my eyes. it took me about a month to recover and 3 trips to the GP for eyedrops. i refrained from wearing lenses for about 1 month.

its only recently that i start wearing my contacts again.

Comment

really ar? i just ordered a pair lei... if it doesn't last a year as said then it isn't worth it isnt it.

Comment

I still thinking to buy sia... Heng...

Comment

just becareful of who you buy from.. and i think the market rate is about $45 for a yearlong pair right? i just wear mine for 2-3 months then i'll change already.

or just buy locally from reliable sources. i spent more than $100 on my eye infection treatments at the GP, and even had a referral to go to the National eye centre.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashlene View Post
                          Hey girls, there's some discrepancy rgd the authencity of the G&G lenses...
                          check this out : http://lesdames.proboards82.com/inde...585914&page=16

meanwhile, try not to purchase any online cus it MIGHT not be safe.
                          Gal you able to paste the article here? Cause have to log in then can view..

Comment

its not just an article but a series of many posts, if you are really keen in knowing, you won't mind signing up to read.

Comment

prettyeagle,

Was your infection/irritation caused by the lenses?

I gave up on wearing any coloured lenses a long time ago. My eyes immediately feel very dry and itchy and I see the stripes of colour! But I'm addicted to regular lenses though...

Comment

Working...
                              X