Bath and Body Works?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bath and Body Works?

The names of the shower gels and lotions sounds totally yummy!!! Mango mandarin... Citrus Basil... Vanilla Bean Noel etc. Has anyone tried them and how do you find it generally? Which are your favourite scents?

OMG... am i sensing another urge for a bulk purchase? I hope someone curbs my lemmings.. hehe

Here are some prices from some things that I have around the house. The aromatherapy line rarely goes on sale. The "normal" line in plastic bottles goes on sale often - the sales vary - could be 6 for $36, 3 for $24, Buy 3 Get 1 Free. The Purely Silk line is more expensive than the regular line, but does go on sale sometimes as well. HTH!

Shower gel - 10 oz. - $9
    Body lotion - 8 oz. - $9
    Creamy body wash - 8 oz. - $8.50
    Aromatherapy sugar scrub - 16 oz. - $20
    Aromatherapy body lotion - 6.5 oz. - $12
    Purely Silk Velvet body cream - 6 oz. - $24

All prices are USD.
    ppie
    Cozy Rookie
    Last edited by ppie; 22-03-2003, 12:39 PM.

Re: Bath and Body Works?

Originally posted by "Dreamie"

OMG... am i sensing another urge for a bulk purchase? I hope someone curbs my lemmings.. hehe
    Dreamie! *shocked* YOu just completed an Esoaps order!!! 8O

Just cos you're not buying makeup doesn't mean your $$ goes to other things that you don't need a lot of....eg. scented bodycare!

Comment

I'm using BBW's Toasted Hazelnut Shower gel & body scrub. Smells not bad & it lasts quite a while. I haven't been using the scrub much though, will try again & give comments hee...I also have a sparkling apple body lotion. This one's quite creamy & absorbs fast, quite moisturising too. But I don't really like that scent.

Comment

A few questions ...

For those who've tried .. what are the quality like? Are the scents cloying at all? Is there a website where can go take a little lookie? How do they compare to other brands?

Comment

the first experience I had with BBW was a few yrs back when I bought a tube of the Sunripened Rasberry body moisturizer. It smelt really strong and wonderful, pretty thick and moisturizing too.

Just last Dec in NYC I stepped into a BBW store and felt like I was in heaven! THey have a much wider range of scents now. I esp like Cotton Bossom, Sweetpea, Vanilla Bean Noel etc. Sad to say I didn't buy anything from BBW (the horor! ;p) Cos I'd already stocked up on products from Victoria Secret's Beauty and cldn't afford to buy any more body stuff.. SIGH!

But I've heard quite a few US MUAers say that they dont' really like BBW though 'cos the underscent seems to be the same for all their products.

Comment

BBW is *very* nice but i can live without it...i have cucumber melon shower gel, body splash, body lotion; also sunripened raspberry, and strawberry nectar body lotion...all smells gooood! the shower gel bottle is real fragile tho', i dropped the plastic bottle on the floor and the neck broke, ack!

i LOVE strawberry nectar however but it's discontinued boohoo - it's a sweet strawberry scent, a little nectar but not that discernible, at least to me

Comment

i broke out from cucumber melon shower gel a while back(think it was the sponge i used more than the shower gel & had since toss the sponge away). scent is strongly melony so avoid if u dislike all things melon scented. there's not much smell from the soap either. the body lotion is easily absorbed tho & leave no sticky feel to skin. am giving BBW 2nd go so am gonna try other shower gels soon!

Comment

I don't know how I missed this thread . BBW is pretty popular here - they are in all of the malls. Nice stores! Lots and lots of stuff. They have expanded their product line a lot - the downside to BBW is that they discontinue scents regularly. And of course it's always a scent that you absolutely love! LOL!

I have a few of their shower gels and lotions. I like them - some of their things are pricey for what you get - but overall they are moderately priced. They often run really good sales.

My fav right now is Imagine ... Peace (which they discontinued ... grrrrr ) and the Cucumber Melon products. I got a couple of aromatherapy sugar scrubs for Christmas which were nice - Grapefruit Peppermint and another that I can't remember.

They had makeup at one time but have discontinued it. I actually use some of their mousse in my hair before I dry it and it's pretty nice.

Comment

Re: Bath and Body Works?

Originally posted by "pandora76"

Dreamie! *shocked* YOu just completed an Esoaps order!!! 8O

Just cos you're not buying makeup doesn't mean your $$ goes to other things that you don't need a lot of....eg. scented bodycare!
                  Yeah, i know *ashamed* But i do have a bigger skin area on my body than my face. I haven't been much into bodycare, so have to buy enough to take care of a body neglected for the last 20 years (hope no one is trying to guess my age, coz you'll get it wrong. LOL!) Plus, i shower at least 2 times a day, and need twice as much of bath and body care items as an average person. :wink:

Bluebubble, esoaps is pretty much cheaper than drugstores, so that doesn't count in the BC rite? Phew! Does BBW count? Hmm.. i don't think so??

Comment

Originally posted by "bluebubble"

BBW is *very* nice but i can live without it...i have cucumber melon shower gel, body splash, body lotion; also sunripened raspberry, and strawberry nectar body lotion...all smells gooood!
                    I tried Sunripened Raspberry lotion and it was too sweet and cloying for me, makes me giddy. Does that mean i won't like most of the other BBW scents?

I understand that the lotions run for US$12 each? So many to choose from, and don't know what to choose. Seems like quite many of us are interested in a BBW bulk purchase, let me see if i can find more details. *darting away from partner in crime*

Comment

I tried Sunripened Raspberry lotion and it was too sweet and cloying for me, makes me giddy. Does that mean i won't like most of the other BBW scents?
                      hmmm this is sweet? i'd prob like it since i like all stuff sickeningly sweet! :D

Comment

Originally posted by "farahdean"

hmmm this is sweet? i'd prob like it since i like all stuff sickeningly sweet! :D
                        Hope the fruit flies don't patronize you This is definitely sweet. And you can smell it metres away. I can accept TBS Cranberry but not Sunripen Raspberry.

Comment

I don't think BBW is available for order online, is it? Where is the best website to view most current BBW products?

With all the BBW sales after the festives, i think this may be the best time to buy. Need not be a huge order, just a few items for us to try out.

If it's not available online, we need a cp?

Comment

I don't think BBW is available for order online, is it? Where is the best website to view most current BBW products?

With all the BBW sales after the festives, i think this may be the best time to buy. Need not be a huge order, just a few items for us to try out.

yes don think it's available online. more good news...some shower gels(donno which ones lah) are going $19.90 for 5...need miss W to confirm tho! it's prob a custom!

Comment

Originally posted by "farahdean"

Originally posted by Dreamie

yes don think it's available online. more good news...some shower gels(donno which ones lah) are going $19.90 for 5...need miss W to confirm tho! it's prob a custom!
                              I'm getting ready to go to a meeting, but I will call and check when I get home!

And you're correct, BBW doesn't have a website you can order from ... you'd need a CP! :wink:

Comment

Working...
                              X