Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BB Cream Blemish Balm - Hottest Foundation Trend In Korea!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BB Cream Blemish Balm - Hottest Foundation Trend In Korea!

temporarily removed
    Definitely will stick to it !
    68.05%
    Maybe, if I have the spare cash
    24.52%
    No, I don't really like this product
    7.43%
    Last edited by miao; 03-11-2008, 09:24 PM.

interesting article.i happen to have a sample of Skinfood BB cream cos my SO went to korea and got some stuff for me. never knew what it was till this thread.

Comment

Thank you for this informative post, miao!

This is certainly something new to me! I wonder how BB creams compare to many of the high-end foundations which already include skincare properties.

I'm definitely going to give these a try the next time I go by Missha or Skinfood.

Thanks!

Comment

thanks for e information!

may i know e oil control for the missha M vita bb cream?

Comment

Interesting!!
          and you got me wanting to try out BB creams!! :wow:

Comment

Is this like tinted moisturizer? Skinfood's BB cream has green tea, ginko leaf, Vit B.

Is it supposed to be used on it's own, with powder or under foundation?

Comment

err... i want BB cream also!

Comment

Originally posted by dolly View Post
                thanks for e information!

may i know e oil control for the missha M vita bb cream?
                dolly, I didn't manage to try the missha BB cream on face, only managed to try it on hand in the shop. They didn't have samples at that time I went.

But according to the sales assistant, BB cream Vita is for normal to dry skin, so it should be in a way "richer"?

I am looking forwrd to cotters' feedbacks on missha range~

Comment

Originally posted by Girlosophy View Post
                  Is this like tinted moisturizer? Skinfood's BB cream has green tea, ginko leaf, Vit B.

Is it supposed to be used on it's own, with powder or under foundation?
                  Girlosophy,

In fact, it does resemble tinted moisturizer! but maybe with slightly more coverage? I am referring to Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser coz that's the only one I've tried before...

as for application, it can be used on its own, with powder and under foundation, depending on how u wanna use it and the effect you wanna achieve.

According to what I read online, a Korean girl recommended two ways of using this

If you want the coverage, then apply this on top of sun block
                  If you want the skincare effect, then apply this before your sun block....

Because I have not-so-flawless skin,

this is my BB cream regime now, 1. sunblock --2. BB cream -- 3. make up for ever liquid body & face foundation (coz it's very sheer)

Because all three above are very sheer, they provide enough coverage and yet does not look heavy at all

Comment

Once I actually tried to mix my alima foundation with the BB cream

I love my alima to bits but I dread the application of using brushes, it takes quite abit of time to brush in the powder in circular motion....plus alima is really of a matte effect

so i just rub alima into BB cream and apply

and whoala!

the coverage goes up but the radiance is still present!

initeresting discovery~ make up is indeed FUN~

Comment

miao

how does BB cream compare to makeup bases?

i'm pretty excited by this thread!

Comment

How many shades are they? Only can be found in Missha? What about TFS and Skinfood?

Comment

I've tried the BB Cream in Missha but i find the color abit dark on me?
                          Texture wise it feels like normal liquid foundation.

Comment

I also want to try BB cream! I think I will drop by Skinfood to get theirs coz I am 1 stamp away from getting a $10 rebate voucher

Comment

Originally posted by soliloquy3 View Post
                              miao

how does BB cream compare to makeup bases?

i'm pretty excited by this thread!
                              soliloquy,

you can use BB cream on its own as foundation or use it as make up base together with other foundations, it's quite free-style sorta product

actually when you mention "make-up bases", it really depends on what sorta make-up bases you are referring to and the intended effect

for colour adjusting? or with UV protection? or oil control? or others?

as i mentioned in the 1st post, there are many different functions and types of BB cream in Korea,

for example, BRTC alone has come up with whitening BB cream, sun screen BB cream and BB cream for acne skin...

whereas the quality and effective range also varies from brand to brand
                              like Skin79(another brand) is well-known for good coverage among the different brands.

but at the moment what we have in SG is quite limited. It is a trend that should come in perhaps some time later?

At the moment I don't find many info online which is English, mostly only Taiwanese and Hong Kong websites talking about it. They are more sensitive to Korean trends usually.

hope it helps to answer some of your query...

Comment

Working...
                              X