Best Face Moisturizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Blackcat
    I'm using olay total effects blemish formula. Personally, I think it's a great moisturizer as I have some pimples occasionally. But the moisture in the formula might not be enough if you are in an airconditioned environment all day. hth!
    i agree...it's a great moisturizer but it's not moisturizing enough

Comment

• Originally posted by magrit
      i just bought e KOSE Sekkisei Emulsion a few days ago.... and found it to be too rich for my skin.... anyone interested pls PM me!
      Why is Emulsion too rich? I am not too sure about Sekkisei but I like the whitening range Emulsion. Very watery and non-irritating!

HEy Missyfrills, PCA can be found in clinics, such as Dr Calvin Chan/Point Medical at Paragon. He's on the 11th floor.

Comment

• Hi girls! i need some help desperately!
        I went facial that day and then they say my face super dry at the cheeks and very weak cos like my face is thinner due to the scrubbing i do and hence the capilliaries are easily shown and have a flushed look. I am looking for intense moistruiser to curb this problem. Am currently using biotherm aquasource non stop but wonder if got something more intense. But i have open pores and prone to those little white stuff if i overload (oily t zone) .
        anyone with similar problem and want to help me out on this? So worried because im starting work this week in aircon room and fear problem will get worse! dont even dare to put on makeup now...

Comment

• my thumbs up for Jurlique Calendula cream.. it's an awesome, soothing and moisturising cream for my combination and sensitiive face..

according to the label it says, "an ideal soothing and moisturising cream for sensitive and acne-prone skin and as an 'after-sun mosituriser"... it's wicked.. help keeps oilies to the minimal.. also quite cheap.. approximately AUD $50-60+ for 125ml.. also, i feel my skin is softer and more radiant.. i bought it after the recommendations in the aust vogue forum.. highly recommended! (i will rebuy) together with origins white tea skin guardian, it works a treat!
          Last edited by igottagetcha; 04-12-2006, 11:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mushroomhead
            Hi girls! i need some help desperately!
            I went facial that day and then they say my face super dry at the cheeks and very weak cos like my face is thinner due to the scrubbing i do and hence the capilliaries are easily shown and have a flushed look. I am looking for intense moistruiser to curb this problem. Am currently using biotherm aquasource non stop but wonder if got something more intense. But i have open pores and prone to those little white stuff if i overload (oily t zone) .
            anyone with similar problem and want to help me out on this? So worried because im starting work this week in aircon room and fear problem will get worse! dont even dare to put on makeup now...

hey girl, you have combination skin like me... i also have dry flushed cheeks (though no visible capillaries).. with that white stuff that ooozes out, i think that's part of being youth with oily skin.. i usually gently squeeze with that squeezer thing after my shower and it comes out... what i think you should get, is a good night cream..... a very intensive one but super super good (i love it).. is the origins night-a-mins night lotion (not the cream one , cause you have oily skin).. i think i paid about $65+ for 50ml? when you wake up, your skin will be soft! don't forget eye cream...

can also try the bioessence "youth radiant" lotion.. it's yellow.. very good! makes your skin soft till the next morning.. about $35 from watsons..

your skin needs lots of moisture during the day.. i think, underneath your moisturiser, you can put the origins white tea skin guardian... it's like a pre-moisturiser.. BUT IT"S SO moisturising.. makes your skin so soft.. something that none of the other products can do... then put an oil-control moisturiser.. hope your skin improves!

Comment

• Originally posted by bambi
              Why is Emulsion too rich? I am not too sure about Sekkisei but I like the whitening range Emulsion. Very watery and non-irritating!

HEy Missyfrills, PCA can be found in clinics, such as Dr Calvin Chan/Point Medical at Paragon. He's on the 11th floor.
              hi bambi... well i dunno! emulsion can be too rich even thou its in a more watery state... i guess its all up to individual skin... but quite a few mentioned they have problems w this emulsion i bought too... maybe use it for e neck then! haha!

Comment

• Originally posted by mushroomhead
                Hi girls! i need some help desperately!
                Hi mushroomhead,
                Are you sure you don't have rosascea? Coz if you do, you better see a doc, since treatment is available by prescription only. In your case it's best to avoid irritating your skin unnecessarily. This would mean choosing some gentle non-detergent based cleanser (like Lancome Gel Clarte or Cetaphil, if you don't want to spend too much). An emolient moisturiser would help a lot. I'd go for Clinique, Estee Lauder, or you can also try Olay Regenerist from Guardian. Also, it's a must to wear a sunscreen. My preference is with Clinique Cityblock, but there are other nice sunscreens out there.

For make-up, cream-to-powder foundations usually do the job. In fact, make-up may act as an additional protective layer...

It would always help to look at the ingredients list and avoid irritating substances, like alcohol/ethanol/benzyl alcohol, lemon and orange extracts, hwitch hazel, camphor, menthol etc.

Cheers!

Comment

• Clinique dramtically different moisturising gel is good! Very light and easily absorbed but moisturizing enough for oily skin...after boycotting clinique for so long, i got to say i'm impressed with this gel

Comment

• me too..

Dont know into my how may bottles already..

i have combination t-zone, & it do provide my face with the necessary moisturisation & keep it matte as well...

I use it after my turnaround concentrate

Comment

• I also like Lancome's HydraZen - good for dryish skin. It is also silicon-based, so it will improve the appearance of the skin.

Clinique is good too

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Secrets
                        Clinique dramtically different moisturising gel is good! Very light and easily absorbed but moisturizing enough for oily skin...after boycotting clinique for so long, i got to say i'm impressed with this gel
                        Hahaha! I also had boycotted this brand for many years. I think it was becoz back then there's a range supposed to help my acne (after all the sales talk got convinced and spent a load) but it did not so i gave up. Recently i picked up the Clinique dramatically different moisturising gel from States since it was reasonable-priced at the outlet, and i am loving it again . Am using it as my day moisturiser now. If they can come up with the gel including spf protection it will be perfect!

I concurred with igottagetcha on Origins white tea skin guardian. I got it as a gift few years back and i do like it, but never buy it after finishing though since i am always trying out new stuff sigh....but now as I get older, I think i'll try to stick to skincare that works for me. So might put the White tea guardian on my shopping list when my other products are running low.

Another moisturiser i do like is actually Vitasence's. I know this brand is not popular in cozycot but it worked for me, plus it comes with the spf protection so it's convenient to just apply and go.

Comment

• hi all...

i have v oily skin and occasionally breakouts but my skin looks and feels dry! my skin feels tight.. tried the highly raved Origins MAD but it still makes my skin feel tight after applying. Im not sure whether its becos of the alcohol...

anyone in the same situation and any products to introduce? TIA!

Comment

• Originally posted by ms-caramel
                            hi all...

i have v oily skin and occasionally breakouts but my skin looks and feels dry! my skin feels tight.. tried the highly raved Origins MAD but it still makes my skin feel tight after applying. Im not sure whether its becos of the alcohol...

anyone in the same situation and any products to introduce? TIA!
                            ms-caramel,

It does happen that skin is oily and de-hydrated at the same time. I think, you might want to try clay masks, as they remove the oil. Alcohol is definitely no good.
                            As for moisturisers, choose something that is not too greasy: gel formulas are generally good. You can try Clinique's Dramatically Different (gel formula) or some of the other moisturising gels on the market. I'm sure girls here can recommend some, because I stick to Clinique and Lancome these days...

Comment

• enhancer from Nuskin is good too
                              it is aloe vera gel

Comment

• Niks Skin Repair cream is great too!

Comment

Working...
                                X