Bobbi Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eternity
    Yup. In fact the LE mini concealer came out at SG before. Think they are launching again. Cost me S$40 that time iirc. Other new LE items include mini foundation stick, mini concealer-blender brush, mini sheer finish pressed powder. Also new items (not LE) includes foundation brush and blotting papers. Wonder when they will reach us?

ehh? how come everything is mini except the price?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jadeite
      ehh? how come everything is mini except the price?
      the marginal cost curve?

Comment

• Re: Re: spring 2005 collection

Originally posted by Jadeite
        I kept looking into my mailbox for that leaflet but it hasn't arrived yet. :eh:
        hmm they've advertised the same contents of that leaflet in Her World this month too. If you've got time, should pop by the retail outlet where you registered just to make sure they got your addresses in correct

Comment

• I love how this brand is packaged, but their prices are considered a little steep. Sigh.

Comment

• I'm a BB fanatic!! Love almost everything from them. Ask me ask me...kekeke, just joking.

Jadelite, best to call the BB outlet you registered your membership at or pop by to ask. BB SAs are very helpful. I like their CS.

Can't wait for the Spring collection to come...

Comment

• Just wanted to enquire, is the Bobbi Brown Face Brush ( kabuki style) still selling at SGD50? I am tempted to get this one at the counter tomorrow! Thanks girls!

Btw , what are the benefits of the BB membership? Really late to the BB party! I am lemming the rose shimmerbrick though

Comment

• not too many perks, the membership allows u to accumulate points and then redeem for limited items. Min need $500 in spending in a yr before even eligible for redemption.

Comment

• Thanks Jadeite! I guess I shall pass on their membership. I dont think I can hit $500 of purchases from BB! Nothing much I fancy from them except their face brush and their lovely gel liners

Comment

• So would the mini concealer kit be reaching our shores? Any idea how much is it? It comes in so many shades (I saw it on their website)

Comment

• I wanted to try Bobbi Brown but was turned off by the SA at Isetan (Lido). There was a free makeover promo going on and she just gave me a makeover without explaining anything, didn't even try to sell me anything and then walked off! In the end, I thought I could have done a better job than her. Later, I went with my friend while she had her makeover and the same SA gave her the same treatment. She just walked off after doing the makeover. My friend wanted to ask about some of the products that the SA had used but the SA was nowhere to be seen. When we asked another SA, turns out she had gone into their little room, probably to have a break. I've never met a more disinterested SA. ok, rant over.

Comment

• Iris, you still recall the SA? Her name or how she looks like?

Comment

• Eternity, she was quite young with a chin-length bob, slim, average height, Chinese. But this happened quite some time ago so I don't know if she is still around. I avoided the BB counter everytime I saw her there.

Comment

• Ack! Iris, I would be heading down to the BB counter today at lido cause its more convenient and I would definitely heed your description and avoid the SA!

Comment

• Originally posted by haru
                              Eternity, she was quite young with a chin-length bob, slim, average height, Chinese. But this happened quite some time ago so I don't know if she is still around. I avoided the BB counter everytime I saw her there.
                              I think I know who you mean - very slim and petite girl. I had the same experience, she didin't say anything at all, but found her eyebrow trim pretty good, she did it as part of a makeover. I wasn't so much into getting advice at that time, just wanted the freebie that came with the makeover, but I know what you mean.

On the subject of makeovers, I've always wanted to ask this question - it seems that Bobbi Brown is the only counter to have separate makeup sets for makeovers and as testers. I see that mac uses the testers to do makeovers, and it has always put me off. I asked an SA once and he said that they take precautions by wiping the eyeshadows, for example, over with a tissue before doing a customers' makeup. Actually that still gives me the creeps, because I've seen all kinds of fingers used to test thsoe eyeshadows, and I'm guilty of doing so myself. I've even seen kids playing with the eyeshadows. That's why I'm not keen on makeovers.

But for Bobbi Brown, I see that there are loads of makeover-only sets (especially for the scotts Isetan one) that are used only for makeovers. And even in the other stores, Robinsons, there are at least one or two extra sets inside the counter that are only used for makeovers.

I wonder what are other people's views on this.

Comment

• The male SA at Raffles City is nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X