No announcement yet.

Bobbi Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the apres ski trio is very pretty, ive always thought grey and pink = a most beautiful combo .. the BB looks are super nice, natural :!: i like the blush in the first pic the most. her skin looks really dewy and the color/blush is SO natural.. do u think that kinda effect can be achieved with powder blush? i used to be more into those gel/liquid/cream types but find it so troublesome to blend sometimes[my skin is very dry so they turn blotchy on me] so i am back to powder but powder somehow looks powdered??.. her hair color really brings out the MU look i think..

Comment

i think so and i almost always use powder blushes coz cream and gel blushes are a pain to blend...but i've combi skin so they show up ok. maybe u should use a cream blush - easier to blend over liquid/gel but will look natural on dry skin

Originally posted by "cube"

.. do u think that kinda effect can be achieved with powder blush? i used to be more into those gel/liquid/cream types but find it so troublesome to blend sometimes[my skin is very dry so they turn blotchy on me] so i am back to powder but powder somehow looks powdered??.. her hair color really brings out the MU look i think..

Comment

The pics are great! I don't know how to recreate the looks thought heh...& yea I like the natural looking flushed cheeks of the first model. I think it's their complexion, everything else falls nicely into place after

Cube, have you tried PN Watery Colours? It's not really gel, but liquidy & you don't have to rub it in to blend it, just tap tap tap...you get the hang of it after a while Maybe try applying more moisturiser to your cheeks before applying your liquid blushes.

Comment

I used to use cream blushes and gel blushes....but after awhile...yup, it was the pain of blending them, so I've now switched almost exclusively to powder.

But I second the Pieds Nus Watery Colours. This one is liquid, so it's much easier to blend, and it doesn't dry up as fast as Origins Pinch your Cheeks and gel blushes, so you have some time to correct mistakes before they set in.

Comment

thanks for the rec.. think ive tried it before on my hand but not sure.. the helena rubenstein one also looks quite good!!

Comment

Re the Bobbi Brown face, here's what I got off MUA:

After Concealer and Foundation, SOFT PINK Powder blush (a medium pink). Then, for the eyes, the NEW ICED PINK SHIMMER CREAM shadow stick (a pale pink shimmer) from the lashes up to the crease (using the fingertips), then apply WHITE eye shadow (a flat white) on the browbone,
              then line the top lash line with the STEEL eye shadow (a flat green-
              blue gray)applied with a damp Ultra Fine Eye Liner Brush. Finish with
              2 coats of the SMOKE LASH GLAMOUR mascara (black).

Then, for the Lips, PALE PINK lip color (a creamy light pink), then
              line the lips with the NEW PETAL creamy lip liner.

Comment

Is it just me or do the eyes not sound quite right or complete?? The eye area looks like it has an e/s in the crease, not just a liner?!?

Comment

it looks like shimmery pink in the socket, white on the brow bone and steel green blue in the crease

Originally posted by "pandora76"

Is it just me or do the eyes not sound quite right or complete?? The eye area looks like it has an e/s in the crease, not just a liner?!?

Comment

Originally posted by "bluebubble"

it looks like shimmery pink in the socket, white on the brow bone and steel green blue in the crease
                    Yep, that sounds more like it! Try it out and let us know how it goes. :wink:

Comment

prob will have to modify this...i don't have deep set caucasian eyes

Originally posted by bluebubble
                      Yep, that sounds more like it! Try it out and let us know how it goes. :wink:

Comment

prob will have to modify this...i don't have deep set caucasian eyes
                        I was just thinking about that! ie., would this look work for Asians? I can imagine a lot of tanned girls or those with a lot of yellow in their skintone might look bruised with the steel grey e/s....or just totally blah....grey isn't easy to wear I think...

Comment

maybe steel gray as a liner or a lighter shade of gray with some silver

I was just thinking about that! ie., would this look work for Asians? I can imagine a lot of tanned girls or those with a lot of yellow in their skintone might look bruised with the steel grey e/s....or just totally blah....grey isn't easy to wear I think...

Comment

maybe steel gray as a liner or a lighter shade of gray with some silver
                            Yeah probably....totally agree with the lighter grey with some silver in it....I think Apres Ski works for a lot of people because of this. Well, post your modified look, I'd love to know! :wink:

Comment

for the second BB look:

? Preview Beige Shimmer Wash Eye Shadow
                              ? Black Thickening Mascara
                              ? Pale Pink Blush
                              ? Preview Naked Pink SPF 15 Lip Shine

i suppose BB names are quite literal so you can substitue the shades with whatever u have...

Comment

By the way, the e/s in BB 1st pic looked almost the same as T'estimo Gold range (few seasons ago). Just flipped thru the catalogue, the e/s used on the T'estimo model are WN-29 (dark silver with shimmers) and WT-05 (white, i think from the catalogue).

Comment

Working...
                                X