Avene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -deleted--
    Last edited by acireb; 19-01-2009, 06:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by alyssasara View Post
      so the soothing serum is a moisturizer?? or just a hydrating essence for flaky/peeling skin?
      can it be used under makeup on daily basis?
      if you have oily skin,use as moisturizer.dry skin use as serum and top up with moisturizer.is for hydration,soothing and someone mention it can firm the skin too!
      and yes,you can used it under makeup.

Comment

• what's clearance K for??

saw on the cgh web that it has aha and bha?

Comment

• ya it has aha and bha for exfoliating and for clearing of blackheads and whiteheads.i personally dont find it effective though.

Comment

• my oily and dehydrated skin is quite tricky. if i use soothing serum alone, it's not moisturizing enough. but after topping up with rebalancing emulsion for 2 weeks, my oily face cant take the rich stuff and has lots of whiteheads and bumps.
            i guess i need to buy moisturizing lotion instead.

Comment

• acireb, the regime is cleanser - thermal spray - soothys serum - cleanance k on pimples or whole face - hydra matt fluid.

dreamiez, yeah it contains aha and bha, more for mild acne to clear away blackheads and whiteheads and spots but not effective IMO. Try LRP Effaclar K it's better.

missyfrills, i also have the same skin type as you, actually the SA told me that the soothing serum is enough, must use it longer by itself than can see effects. Else top up with moisturising lotion or gentle toner.

Comment

• missyfrills and Sweet Secrets, I have inner oily, outer dry problem. As in skin secrets oil when the outer layer is dry. Dry here means dehydrated.

I am using soothing serum and hydrance light, i see tremendous improvement to my skin, less oily and brighter. soothing serum penetrates deep into skin, while hydrance light lotion protect skin from dehydration. if you apply just soothing serum alone, it might dehydrated after a while in dry air surrounding, eg: air conditioned place.

Comment

• thank gal, i tried light hydrating cream, it's too rich for me. Mine works fine with the moisturising lotion.

Comment

• dont know why after using soothing serum with rebalancing during day, serum with light hydrating cream at night, i broke out in angry pimples.
                    so sad so i only use serum only for day and night.

Comment

• My experience is that if something is embedded in your skin, I rather it to break out than keep embedded deep in the skin. But never to pick on the angry red pimples, usually i will allow 2-3 days for them to dry up abit, before removing(lightly) them with extractor. If not sure how to remove, never attempt on your own. May get infected.

anyway, stick to what you think work for you.

Comment

• perhaps it's too rich for your skin? My guess is you probably either need one, you don't need both soothing serum and the moisturiser? Or try a lightweight moisturiser like moisturising lotion? I'm using soothing serum at night with LRP toleriane fluid, in the day, i just use moisturiser alone. When your face has gone back to the hydration level, you don't need to top up with serum already because originally you already have oily skin.

Comment

• here's my review for soothing serum...

been using it for a few days now.... and i have only one word to say.... GOOD!!!!

althou its just a serum, and i only apply a wee bit each time to e whole face... my face feels moisturized enough not to use another moisturizer after.... and my whole face is not like a oil field but just supple moisture! and my makeup now is more dewy thanks to e serum.... also, got some breakouts thanks to e skinfood's bb cream.... somehow i feel that e serum actually make them heal faster n my pores seems abit smaller too..

go get it!!! :wow:

Comment

• I don't use the soothing serum for my whole face, only for areas that are dry.I had a rough almost flaking spot on my cheek previously (cause by other new products i used), the soothing serum helped smooth and hydrate it out. can really see the difference with my other cheek :thumb:

Comment

• Hi anybody can introduce me a good moisturizer for my combination skin (dehydrated cheeks only during winter) ? what are their must get items?

Comment

• I really love Avene now. I have stopped using Clinique altogether.

I am using the following stuff + LRP Effaclar K (AM) and LRP Active C (AM) + ICM Acne Clear Cream:-

1) Green Cleanser
                                2) Deep pore foaming Cleanser
                                3) Soothing Serum
                                4) Skin recovery Cream
                                5) Thermal Water
                                6) Sunscreen SPF20
                                7) Moisturing Lotion
                                Diacneal (PM)

Will be getting more stuff during Sales or promotion.

My skin is now more balance (Water + oil). Pimples are clearing faster, marks lightens. I only switch back to Avene for 3 weeks.

Great stuff. Hope they have more good promotions.

Comment

Working...
                                X