No announcement yet.

Kabuki Brush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girls, many people said Cat's Kabuki is a dead ringer of Aromaleigh's delectable Kabuki ( $28 ) much cheaper!! I was about to get the Aromaleigh's but heard the BB's face brush will be released...woohoo...but I read BB's is smaller and denser than Cat's. I wonder is it good for loose powder application, which I mainly wanna use it for...

Can't wait to check out the BB's. :wheee:

Comment

hi girls!

i'm all confused now :sotong:

when i was at becca's for a makeover by the australian MA, she used a powder puff to pat loose powder onto my face and i was asking her if it was better to use a brush or a puff. she told me that brushes aren't for applying loose powder, only to brush off excess powder after applying with a puff.

i felt so suaku after hearing that! because all along, i've been using my SK loose powder brush to lightly buff on loose powder. but then i read this thread and saw that some of u girls are using brushes to apply your loose powder.

so how should loose powder be applied? someone please make me less blur! :huh:

Comment

I think it's ok for you to be using powder brush for loose powder application, if you want a lighter hand with your powder.

There's really no hard and fast rules regarding application of makeup. Have fun is the most important thing. If it works for you, why not??

*edited to reduce content*
        Last edited by xue; 10-09-2004, 01:02 AM.

Comment

hi there,
          You can use puff if you wanna have a better coverage and then use a brush (not kabuki though, regular larger powder brush) to dust off the excess. This method is good if you have oily / combo skin since the powder will "attach" to your face closer to control facial oil.

If you wanna have a lighter/ more natural finish, use a brush (either powder brush or Kabuki).

HTHs.
          Last edited by xue; 10-09-2004, 01:03 AM.

Comment

i agree with karen and glenda. use a puff for more coverage and a loose power brush for brushing off the excess or just use the brush for lighter coverage. i always apply powder with a brush coz i find using a puff is too heavy for me. i prefer just a light dusting of loose powder.

Comment

thanks karen, glenda and erica (?) for the advice!

yes having fun is definitely the best philosophy for makeup! i'll just stick to my loose powder brush then -- i can't help thinking puffs are less hygienic since they seem to get dirty more easily and brushes are easier to clean. heh! plus i get a nice natural look with the current way i apply my loose powder so i'll just stick to what works for me.

Comment

er, so what's the kabuki brush for exactly? for loose powder in general or mineral foundation specifically?

i've also been a swaku, only using loose powder brush. but started using an Anna Sui powder puff after i got it from a swap - it's so pretty and soft that i cant resist using it!

Comment

i use a brush when i wear LSF, but with Becca's LSC it makes my face kinda oily and shiny immediately after applying so I use a puff.. after awhile it kinds of settles into the pores..

from all that i have read a kabuki brush is really versatile, can be used for mineral foundations, loose powder, blushers, and i think someone uses it with the angel light foundation too!

Comment

A kabuki brush, as far as I know, is much denser than a powder brush. Much more denser. It's good for a heavy hand. So that's why it's good to use it with powder foundations as well as mineral foundations (don't find them any different from one another though the latter comes in loose form too).

I believe they are all short handled for more control. So that you can sort of buff your powders onto your face. As a result, that also explains why the hairs are not as long as the loose powder brushes.

Anyway, ha ha, this is just what I know. It may be wrong so don't me.

Comment

i agree that a kabuki brush is great for powder foundation and mineral foundation. but for me when i use it with my loose powder i didnt really find it heavier than when i use a normal powder brush. i prefer using a kabuki coz i like the shorter handle for easier control, its also easier to bring with me when i travel. and the cat kabuki that i got is really super soft!

Last edited by xue; 10-09-2004, 01:04 AM.

Comment

so are there any good kabukis out there besides Cat's?

i saw the BB one on gloss.com..it's US$30..not too bad! but so far there is only 1 review on MUA..hope it comes out soon!

Comment

If you plan to use a brush with pressed powder foundation, you can try the widest flat-top brush from shu (only $49). Looks a bit like the BT Pochoir brush.

Waaaay firmer (i.e. not as soft), it does a very good job of buffing the foundation onto the skin. And I use it for blusher after.
                          I think it's getting softer with use.

My Cat is reserved for loose-type of powders and it's great for blusher as well.

Comment

I saw the BB kabuki brush this weekend ... it's very nice and very soft! Comes in a cute little case too, which I wish they would sell separately. I only took a quick peek at it because I was too busy drooling at some of the shimmerwashes, but I would say that it's almost as soft as the Cat kabuki. If I didn't have the Cat, I'd get the BB!

Comment

argh! i want the cat but it's so expensive

Comment

Originally posted by ppie
                                I saw the BB kabuki brush this weekend ... it's very nice and very soft! Comes in a cute little case too, which I wish they would sell separately. I only took a quick peek at it because I was too busy drooling at some of the shimmerwashes, but I would say that it's almost as soft as the Cat kabuki. If I didn't have the Cat, I'd get the BB!
                                OHOHOH... I should get the BB's as well if you say it's as soft as the CC's (own this), it's never a waste for one more blush/powder brush. Not available until June in HK though.

Angeldiane, get the CC's. It worths every penny, you won't regret! You know, a kabuki is multi-functional.

Comment

Working...
                                X