Kabuki Brush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by angeldiane
    yeah i know..hehe..ppie is cat cosmetics easily avaliable in the US? do i have to order online?
    Diane, up until the last month or two, Cat was only available online. I think there are 3 or 4 boutiques now that carry her line. It seems as though she is trying to expand the retail portion of it.

Comment

Oh yes ! I think Cat Cosmetics make great brushes ! I'm saying this even though i only have one teeny twiny little eye-shadow from the Six Kitten Palette.

The brush feels so soft and full and it is actually very comfortable to stroke it against the skin.

I'm looking forward to getting more of its brushes. Anyone know if the brush set is worth the money ?
      :wheee:

Comment

Originally posted by glenda
        Wanda, how are they compare in sizes? TIA
        Glenda, I just took a quick peek at it ... going from memory, I'd say that they are very close in size ... they might even be the same size. And the BB was really soft ... I think Cat's is a tad softer, but I really liked the BB as well.

And ... the BB comes with the cute little case. I want to say it's leather, but it might not be. I didn't look too closely at it. I'd venture to say that if they sold the case separately (which I really wish they would) it would probably retail for USD$10 - $15, so the set is really a good deal IMO.

Comment

Here's the pic from gloss.com. USD30 hmmmm..
          wonder how much will it be sold for if it comes to SG.
          $60-70 would be the max tt I'm willing to pay for.
          It does look soft

http://www.gloss.com/product/index.j...892&cp=1116246

Comment

when i asked the MA he told me it\s LE and won't be coming..he better me wrong!

anyway this is kind of a stupid question to ask but the denser the bristles the lighter or heavier the application?

Comment

I'm going with my experience that the denser the brush, the heavier the application.
              Last edited by Glossie; 15-10-2004, 06:07 PM.

Comment

i see...ok according to 1 MUAer she told me the BB kabuki is as soft as Cat Cosmetics but not as dense

Comment

I read raves today on another forum about the BB kabuki - the girl that got it does not have the Cat, but had the Chanel. She preferred the BB ... said that it is more dense and more soft. The brush is squirrel. If I still needed a kabuki, I'd get the BB!

Comment

Originally posted by angeldiane
                    i think i finally managed to work out a custom swap for the bobbi brown kabuki brush..

hope it works as well as the cat! i love the cute case
                    Yay, Diane! I'm sure you'll love it - it's a nice brush!

Comment

i hope so too! looks like i have to settle for this one..it's so difficult getting the cat cosmetics kabuki but an MUAer i PMed last night told me she actually swapped away her cat after she got the bobbi brown because both are equally soft but bobbi brown is denser so it's better for powder foundation/mineral application..yay perfect for my angel light foundation

Comment

I wish I had taken a closer look at the BB brush ... I'll go back and take a look at it. When we saw the BB kabuki, we were also drooling over the Bone shimmerwash (and the champagne, and the rose gold ... you get the picture ... ), so I didn't pay as much attention to it as I should have. Can't wait to hear your raves about it!

Comment

Went and called the BB counter at isetan and they said that the kabuki brush would arrive(tru call): next month or (ask personally): July. Think it could easily cost 80 bucks??? :roll:

Was at the chanel counter to try out the summer line and the SA let me try the kabuki brush(SGD53) it also feels very soft but have to compare with BB in order to make a accurate comparision

Comment

actually i found the chanel kabuki a little pokey. or maybe its just coz i'm too used to the ultra softness of my cat kabuki. i got the chanel before the cat and really liked it then. but after using the cat one, i find the chanel one pokey in comparision. think this will have to go up for swap soon.

Comment

Did you get the cat at Australia??? :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by babyflite
                                actually i found the chanel kabuki a little pokey. or maybe its just coz i'm too used to the ultra softness of my cat kabuki. i got the chanel before the cat and really liked it then. but after using the cat one, i find the chanel one pokey in comparision. think this will have to go up for swap soon.
                                I've heard others say the same thing, Erica. And the BB brush is more along the lines of the Cat than the Chanel ...

Comment

Working...
                                X