Kabuki Brush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pandora76
    thanks for the comparison Paph! You've half-killed my lemming....although I'm not looking for a dense kabuki brush, I want something that's a little less saturated for dusting on loose powder, rather than buffing it on. You reckon the BB might suit the purpose?
    Actually, if that's the case, TBS's huge powder brush might very well make the mark. It's softness (but with certain firmness) is quite unbeatable and at just $25.90. This is what I use on a daily basis with my T LeClerc.

My Cat is really for foundation formulas.
    BB's bristles do not have that certain bounciness.

Comment

I second this! TBS brushes are amazingly soft for the price you are paying.
      Last edited by Glossie; 15-10-2004, 07:10 PM.

Comment

By Terry?

I dug up this thread because I really want to get one. I know everyone will say "Cat!' but I want to avoid an overseas order if possible. I've played a bit with the By Terry brush as well as the BB, but since I haven't heard anything about the former, I thought I'd ask first. Which one to choose? :huh:

Comment

Re: By Terry?

Mich just bought a lovely BB face brush that comes with a cute pouch. I think it looks lovely The gals are lemming for this on this thread as well, huh?

Here's the thread u might be interested in

HTHs

*edited to reduce content*
          Last edited by xue; 10-09-2004, 01:24 AM.

Comment

Re: Re: By Terry?

Originally posted by raebelasian
            Mich just bought a lovely BB face brush that comes with a cute pouch. I think it looks lovely
            Thanks! As I said, I've played with it. I do like it, but the By Terry is nice too. A pity I can't compare them side by side

Comment

ooohhh, i the BT brush! it's fantastic! perfect if you feel like splurging.

Comment

I already have their Dome powder brush. If they had the face and body brush then, I would have bought it instead. I spend too much $ on brushes can't resist 'em!

Comment

Originally posted by seba
                  Kinda OT, but what brush is suitable to use with mineral foundations? Just bought BE Mineral Found but I don't buy the brush. And how to apply them? Thanks!!
                  The BB Face brush (aka the kabuki brush) would be your best bet.

Haven't actually used mineral foundations myself, but what I understand is that you "buff" them into your skin with the kabuki brush. Ie. you swirl the dense brush loaded with minerals onto your skin in a circular motion.

Err...can the experts here correct me if I'm talking nonsense?? This is what I can remember, but I'm not 100% sure!

Comment

Thanks for the tips, I don't have access to BB but I'll try using your tips w/ my TBS powder brush. Tried just puffing them but I don't like the finished look. I doubt I can do the swirling w/ TBS brush

Comment

pan is right. you just swirl the kabuki brush on the lid of the loose mineral (so you won't pick up too much). make sure you really work the minerals into the brush. then buff onto your face.

Comment

Just think "wax on, wax off".

*edited to reduce content*
                        Last edited by xue; 10-09-2004, 01:25 AM.

Comment

hmm... actually is the chanel one any good? the pouch it comes in looks very cute too

Comment

thread cleaned up!

Comment

Japonesque Professional Bronzer Brush, USD24:

Anyone tried this? I only see this in Nordstrom, not in naimies.com.

Comment

Originally posted by lumos
                                hmm... actually is the chanel one any good? the pouch it comes in looks very cute too
                                If compare this with Cat Cosmetic's Kabuki, then it feels a little stiffer and pokey.

Comment

Working...
                                X