Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belong Salon

Originally posted by lalaland
    anyway tried Belong?? lols. the salon sounds abit weird but the "promotion" is really eye-catching...
    $150 for rebonding - 40%~
    I just went to Belong for digital perm. Actually Belong is under Kimage, I didn't know that till the stylist told me.
    There is a $10 surcharge unless your hair is below shoulder length.

anyone went Belong for their rebonding? Was it good? Are they very packed during weekends? Thanks!

Comment

lolitaBABY, i just did my digital perm yesterday at belong (under kimage), it cost only $57 cos they are having 40% off for their opening. but their perm does not include treatment, only includes cut and wash. but this is what i like too, cos i can do my own SP power mask treatment with my shower cap on at home, and it gives me about the same results as doing it in salon anyway.

this is not the first time i perm my hair, so i know what i want and how to explain to the stylist. my hair looks exactly like rainie's pic you have posted. this is a digital perm, to achieve this look for myself, as i dont have much hair on top and also i have fine hair, i dont want my hair to look too flat on top, i told the stylist to cut more layers at the back of my hair, and perm slightly above ears level, so i will have more volume on top and at the back and you have to use medium rods, not those big ones, cos big ones will not give you the volume support and will not last, hope you know what i mean. and pls DO NOT perm your fringe!

this is more like a sexy perm not those princessy perm like jolin. you can tell her that too, to give a better picture. feedback on your new hairdo! good luck

Comment

Hi Gals, I went to Belong Hair Salon (Yishun outlet) recently to do a digital perm and I'm very satisfied with the excellent service and the attention the cute stylist, Kenji gave me. Most of them are from China and the rest of the assistants mostly speak Chinese, so be prepared to speak the language to communicate with them effectively.

After speaking with them for during shampooing, I was told that they are a subsidary of Kimage, which explains their professional outlook of the salon and their customer-driven attitude. No snobbish hairsylist there which made me feel so comfortable.

Currently they are still having the 40% off rack rates until 31 Oct 07. Website as follows. Go try it out before the promotion ends: http://www.belong.com.sg/index.php. Maybe I shall post some of my before and after pictures soon, hehe...

Comment

Originally posted by se7enseas View Post
          lolitaBABY, i just did my digital perm yesterday at belong (under kimage), it cost only $57 cos they are having 40% off for their opening. but their perm does not include treatment, only includes cut and wash. but this is what i like too, cos i can do my own SP power mask treatment with my shower cap on at home, and it gives me about the same results as doing it in salon anyway.

this is not the first time i perm my hair, so i know what i want and how to explain to the stylist. my hair looks exactly like rainie's pic you have posted. this is a digital perm, to achieve this look for myself, as i dont have much hair on top and also i have fine hair, i dont want my hair to look too flat on top, i told the stylist to cut more layers at the back of my hair, and perm slightly above ears level, so i will have more volume on top and at the back and you have to use medium rods, not those big ones, cos big ones will not give you the volume support and will not last, hope you know what i mean. and pls DO NOT perm your fringe!

this is more like a sexy perm not those princessy perm like jolin. you can tell her that too, to give a better picture. feedback on your new hairdo! good luck
          ^
          Actually i'm still thinking about whether i should do this yet or just leave my hair to grow longer hehe.
          So this type of perm is called a digital perm? My hair is actually midway down my back so how much would i need to cut my hair up to and then perm it?
          Also i have a lot of hair already with lots of volume so the fringe part will be okay.

Comment

Any stylist to recommend at Belong for perm?

Comment

se7enseas: Thanks for the recommendation! I went to Belong (Yishun) for my digital perm last Wednesday, and this is my best perm so far (I've done 3 previously, one of them was done at X'pect Studio). The price was very good too (I paid only $57)! My cheapest & best perm by far.. hehe..

I prepared the photos of the hairstyle I was interested in and showed it to the stylist. He is actually pretty good, and was able to produce what I wanted and what was suitable for me. He was very detailed, patient and gentle... Think I've found my permanent stylist.. Super happy now!
              Oh, and my stylist was from China, so I had to speak Mandarin... no problems for me though..

Comment

Hi hi, may I know the name of your stylist? Would like to try it out :D

Comment

You can try Belong? It's a new brand under Kimage..
                  Only 2 outlets so far, 1 in Aljunied and 1 in Yishun.
                  I've only tried the one in Yishun and am very satisfied!
                  I stay in the West and traveled all the way there after reading some good reviews.

They are having 30% discount now, so quite good value for $

Comment

Originally posted by sunnydays
                    I've only tried the one in Yishun and am very satisfied!
                    lucky for ya,gal! i had my hair done by kenji too,2 days ago, he trimed and permed my hair and the perm lasted for 2 days only!!!i'm now 1 sad and angry customer!

Comment

Hi, anyone can post a pic of their hair done in belong? i'm thinking of perming my hair. had perms before and never achieved the look i wanted because of my thin hair. i want those super big curls i don't mind styling them everyday but i hope there's such perm that can help ** manage styling easier than curling my straight hair now. I'm also thinking of going for curl extension after my perm coz i think my hair will become short after the perm...advise please...

Comment

What's perm extension?

Comment

Hi girls,

I was desperate to have my hair done for a party and looked to this forum for help.

A friend of mine had beautifully permed hair like a doll, which I found out was done at Trimmers at Adelphi at Coleman Street, but it cost like 280 so I decided to give Belong a try since it's a branch-off from Kimage and the price is SUPER cheap compared to elsewhere's digital spa perm. Even my neighbourhood centre charges 200.

Went to the Yishun branch and let Kenji do my hair as recommended and I SOOO loved it!!! It's very doll-like like the Japanese manga types.... Except it would look betta if my hair was longer.

thanks so so much all you girls. ... for sharing this great deal here. I only paid 66 for the perm and another 49 for treatment, which was very good too. Even on normal pricing, $85 is nothing compared to $280.

For those who wanna perm, DO IT FAST!!! The 30% offer runs out on 31st July!!! I'm tempted to get membership since I know I'll keep going back for sure. The stylist is really helpful and even let me practise how to style my hair and taught me how to use certain shampoos and styling products together to preserve the curls. Overall very good service. I'm very satisfied.

These are the pics a few hours after the perm while preparing for my party...

Comment

Just went to perm my hair yesterday at Belong too, was did by Kenji too.. Must say he was rather careful and detailed. Still waiting for my perm to become softer as my hair now jump up to shoulder length only.

tiramisu moments> Wanted to get the membership but they were all sold out..

Comment

Hello! I got to know about Belong from this forum and went there on Monday to get a shampoo + cut. I called earlier to fix an appointment and a Chinese guy who doesn't speak much English took the call. He forgot to take down my name though, so I'm still not sure whether my appointment was made or not. LOL. Nevertheless, I did get my hair cut in the evening, by Joey. She was quite friendly and chatty

I think the service was quite ok - comparable to those of Kimage's or other big salons. I only had a trim so cannot comment much about the skills. But the shampoo-ing felt good! Took about 15 mins (shampoo, condition + a little bit of massage). Call me sua ku but not a lot of neighbourhood salons I've been to provide such service.

Paid $17.50 after the discount. Asked Joey how long is the promo gonna be and she said not too sure. (I think their mgt is trying to review whether the promo is good or not and whether can extend?)

Oh btw, I went to the outlet in Yishun. Sorry for the long post!

Comment

Working...
                              X