No announcement yet.

Vitamin C skincare products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone tried body shop vit c skin booster? i'm interested in that liquid form vit c also! where to get it?

Comment

I went to my doctor and he sold me a vitamin C serum. Just started using it so can't comment about the effects. Kept it in the fridge cause he said it would turn a funny colour if I don't. Don't think its thick or anything but he did mention its not going to lighten my scars in a few days, it needs time for the results to show.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzylee
        I went to my doctor and he sold me a vitamin C serum. Just started using it so can't comment about the effects. Kept it in the fridge cause he said it would turn a funny colour if I don't. Don't think its thick or anything but he did mention its not going to lighten my scars in a few days, it needs time for the results to show.

Hi Jazzylee, is your doctor a GP or derm?? Can you tell me where is his clinic? Is the Vit C serum his own formulation or is it from a particular brand? Thanks

Comment

Heya, currently trying SkinCeuticals' vit C. Heard many people said it's way better than Cellex C since the result as well as the stability. Also it won't expire as fast as Cellex C as you know vit C item (liquid form) can't last for too long. (If the color changes from light/transparent color to dark color then it's not effective anymore). SkinC's vit C can last for a few months as I heard. It's using the most stable vit C in the market: L-ascorbic acid. I'm interested in the C+AHA since it has got 15% vit C and 10% AHA to exfoliate. So one product 2 results. It's not cheap but EDS is carrying it. You can order some samples from EDS w/o buying from them. They only charge CDN 5 for shipping. That's how I got my samples. Check out the products at www.skinceuticals.com
          Last edited by glenda; 29-11-2003, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bummergal
            Hi Jazzylee, is your doctor a GP or derm?? Can you tell me where is his clinic? Is the Vit C serum his own formulation or is it from a particular brand? Thanks
            My doc is just a GP. Think most doctors now carry such products too. The brand is BCNG if I am not wrong. But I must confess I do not know whether it is the most stabilised vitamin C around and neither did I take a look at the ingredients to check whether they are good so...

Comment

Btw, I know SkinCeuticals is available in the derm clinic in Singapore. Just like NeoStrata. Not sure if it's cheaper there or EDS though.

Comment

Yes vit C is good for fading scar. No need to take the pill. Just eat more fruits full of vit C like orange. You'll see result if u eat it often Vit E I heard it's for overall skin condition not target on scars.

Comment

remember there's a thread somewhere talking about it too..

i took both, but at different time of the day now. heard from here before you are not supposed to eat Vit C & E together..

eat Vit C has to drink lotsa water...

i don't know if it's psychological effect but my skin feels better (with compliment to products used too!).
                  when i stopped, i feel lousy...

just my view..

Comment

I know Vitamin C is absorbed better in the morning. Most of the doctors will ask u to take Vit C in the morning when they prescribe it to u. Hence, i try to eat at least 2 fruits, rich vit C, every morning.

Comment

Most fruits esp citrus fruits, kiwis, strawberries, tomatoes and green veggies are a good source of Vit C. For vit E, you can find them in seeds, nuts (peanuts contain plenty), oats, green leafy vegetables and eggs. I guess having enough C in your system helps heal existing scars faster. One more essential Vit for good skin health is Vit A. You can find them in carrots, green leafy veggies, eggs, mangoes and sweet potatoes. HTHs

Comment

Originally posted by Shon
                        I know Vitamin C is absorbed better in the morning. Most of the doctors will ask u to take Vit C in the morning when they prescribe it to u. Hence, i try to eat at least 2 fruits, rich vit C, every morning.
                        taking vitamin c in the morning is mainly to improve health conditions.

taking vitamin c at night is mainly for beauty purposes.

Comment

Re: Vitamin E and C

Originally posted by ultraboi
                          Can i take both of this to heal my acne scars faster? Im currently on accutane and trimethoprim. Welcome any methods of lessen scarring.
                          vitamin c is great for healing scars. not necessarily supplements. fruits will do IMO

Comment

Re: Re: Vitamin E and C

Originally posted by califit
                            vitamin c is great for healing scars. not necessarily supplements. fruits will do IMO
                            vitamin E is also good for healing scars

Comment

Originally posted by califit
                              taking vitamin c in the morning is mainly to improve health conditions.

taking vitamin c at night is mainly for beauty purposes.
                              is this information based on anything? really take vit c at night more for beauty purpose? but most people always say take vit c in the morning because during that time body can absorb best.

Comment

oh ya people anyone can recommend me a good moisturizer or cream that contains vit e/ vit c? i want to get them fir my scars! thanx!

Comment

Working...
                                X