Vitamin C skincare products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qian
    is this information based on anything? really take vit c at night more for beauty purpose? but most people always say take vit c in the morning because during that time body can absorb best.
    haba vit c supplement recommends this.

fancl's tense up is also taken at night. tense up contains vit c too

Comment

oh ya people anyone can recommend me a good moisturizer or cream that contains vit e/ vit c? i want to get them fir my scars! thanx!
      haba white lady or the white knight both contains vit c.

cosme decorte also has a vit c range.

lancome has a vit c product too. but i have forgotten its name.

Comment

thanx califit! now going to take my vit c at night? is it before you sleep? or after your dinner? got a sample of the white lady. not bad. but it's a quite sticky. oh ya what about recommendations for a good vit e product?

Comment

thanx califit! now going to take my vit c at night? is it before you sleep? or after your dinner? got a sample of the white lady. not bad. but it's a quite sticky. oh ya what about recommendations for a good vit e product?
          dont take right before you sleep, coz some people complains about difficulty to get to sleep if they take vit c at night.

take around 1 hour after dinner. that will be good.

vit e wise, i cant think of much products, except the body shop ones. but i find vit e generally not as useful. i prefer taking enough vit c to help the entire body. when i take vit c regularly, i find that the skin condition is really better....

Comment

thanx califit! yup! agree. when i take vit c feel my skin looks better. haha. but maybe psychological effects also. i used to take them in the morning as soon as i wake up. ok now going to take it at night! thanx for the information! =)

Comment

Qian, your health is equally important, if not, more important than your skin!!! It is still good to take Vit C for health purposes. SO don't forget to take them in the morning too! But I remember some months back when some reseachers found out that taking too much Vit C pills would cause the development of stones later on. So, maybe we can try taking in the morning on some days and in the night on others.

Comment

Originally posted by Peace
                Qian, your health is equally important, if not, more important than your skin!!! It is still good to take Vit C for health purposes. SO don't forget to take them in the morning too! But I remember some months back when some reseachers found out that taking too much Vit C pills would cause the development of stones later on. So, maybe we can try taking in the morning on some days and in the night on others.
                the recommended dosage is 1000mg a day. IIRC, max is 2000mg. i usually keep to the max of 1000mg

you can actually alternate between taking in the day time or the night time.

Comment

Heard good reviews on the body shop's vit. C lotion. Cost under $30.

For vitamin e, what i used to do is to buy capules of it at the pharmacy, those kind to be eaten, I got the Blackmores brand. Break it and spread over my face. Didn't break me out but I didn't see any fading of scars either. Learn about this method in a magazine. Vit E helps to fade scars but it didn't work on me.
                  Vit C, I use it more to prevent wrinkles.

Comment

Originally posted by Peace
                    but isn't vitamin C a water-soluble vitamin. meaning that excess will just b e discharged, therefore not causing you any harm?

Comment

Originally posted by zjaninez
                      Heard good reviews on the body shop's vit. C lotion. Cost under $30.

For vitamin e, what i used to do is to buy capules of it at the pharmacy, those kind to be eaten, I got the Blackmores brand. Break it and spread over my face. Didn't break me out but I didn't see any fading of scars either. Learn about this method in a magazine. Vit E helps to fade scars but it didn't work on me.
                      Vit C, I use it more to prevent wrinkles.
                      i did that too. but it broke me out and didn;t work for my scars.

Comment

some info on vitamin c: Link

actually, the max level of vitamin c is rather controversial now, with different doctors leaning towards different dosages.

Anyway, any vitamins should not be taken in excess.

Comment

i personally cant take vitamin c in terms of capsules form
                          i will have heat rushes through my body and i feel uncomfortable

i rely more on fruits and vegs and i think it helps me

Comment

i dont like capsules form or the effervesent forms too....

i like the haba's one better... its in powder form. I usually mix it together with ribena. but i dont take daily. usually take when i dont eat enough fruits.

Comment

what exactly does vitamin c & vitamin e do for your skin? which one helps to reduce fine lines & prevent early aging?

Comment

Vit C reduces fine lines and delays ageing. Vit E is for fading of scars.

Comment

Working...
                                X