Vitamin C skincare products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jewel
    I have been using TBS Vit C plus capsules ...
    I tried and found it pretty oily. You don't think so?

Comment

Originally posted by blossomcharm
      I tried and found it pretty oily. You don't think so?
      Not at all oily for me. I used it at night only and it absorb very fast for me and it gives me a real matt finish, I still used my usual moisturiser over it.

Comment

Thanks for replying, Jewel! Wow, the TBS capsules sound promising. But they're probably not suitable for my oily complexion. Your skintype is combi, or dry, Jewel?

Comment

I have combination skin, more prone towards oily skin really, Blossomcharm.

Comment

thanks, jewel! i'm so very tempted now

Comment

i take vit C & evening primrose oil every evening, and i found out that my complexion is actually getting better. don't break out so often anymore. as for healing scars, for me it takes quite a while though.

Comment

Been trying my vit C serum for around a week. It doesn't fade my scars as fast as I would like to be but still, not a bad item. Absorbs fast into my oily skin and doesn't break me out. As for radiancy, I can't see much diff on my skin though.
                May get the 15% vit c serum and arbutin serum next month. :note:

Comment

hello all!

After reading this thread on the goodness of vitamin c, i did something very silly yesterday, but it works! I squeezed the juice of half an orange out, and soaked a paper mask in it and then put it on my face for ten mins, today when i woke up, my pimple marks (light red spots, not pitted scars) were so much lighter!! I thought it was a really cheap and good way to lighten these marks and am so glad i stumbled upon it!

Comment

That's quite adventurous of u! It sounds like a cheap and good way, but not for lazy people like , me

Comment

yupzz... think vit c works great for good skin.. was taking 2 tablets of it before bed till i realise my back hurt.. i scared is the liver/kidney actually has grown some 'stone'... cuz doc says eat too much vit c will develop stones.... now i only eat more veg n fruits n pop only 1 vit c a time.. =P
                      rainbow
                      Cozy Rookie
                      Last edited by rainbow; 02-04-2004, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rainbow
                        yupzz... think vit c works great for good skin.. was taking 2 tablets of it before bed till i realise my back hurt.. i scared is the liver/kidney actually has grown some 'stone'... cuz doc says eat too much vit c will develop stones.... now i only eat more veg n fruits n pop only 1 vit c a time.. =P
                        :roll: Rainbow, my doctor said that ideally vit c should be taken in the morning after your breakfast as you would have whole day for your body to absorb and it allows fluid/water that u take to flush out the unabsorbed ones,thus reducing the risk of stone in kidney. And exercise too for better absorption.Hope this helps...quite scary to have stone in kidney just remember to drink alot of water when you take any vitamins.

Comment

Hi Glenda, any feedbacks on skinceuticals?

Comment

You can try Nu Skin 180 Face Wash...it contains 10 percent pure vitamin C. I saw some friends using and their acne scars and redness have faded obviously, oil clogs also reduce a lot. It sure worth the investment!

Comment

hi there, I've tried the HABA whitelady. It's supposed to be concentrated vit c. It helps in whitening my complexion and my skin now is not so dry. Very smooth and radiant. There are many raves about this product in other threads. Do take a look! Cost: S$60 for a 30ml bottle. There is an expiry date for it so maybe you can share it with someone else?

Comment

vitamin c

vitamin c is good for the skin. has anyone tried putting vitamin c oil directly onto the skin? do they have vitamin c in capsule form?

Comment

Working...
                                X