X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lladyrain
    replied
    Hi Bijou,

Do you experience any stinging on your face when you use Vitamin C products?

I tried the Skinceuticals 5% Vitamin C (Eye gel), and I use it for my face. But it's very painful. I'm wondering if it's because it's Skinceuticals. Thinking of trying Vivier, so am wondering if I can use the 10% concentration. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Bijou
    replied
    I am currently using Vivier, it is 30ml and around 180+. So far very good. I have used skinceuticals as well, and find that Vivier is better. I am comparing both at 10% ascorbic acid.

Leave a comment:

• Sandradee
    replied
    I am also using PCA C quench, like it because it's also hydratying. How do you manage to use only 1 pump, i use at least 2-3 pumps per time, that's why I finished so fast, into my 3rd bot already

Leave a comment:

• Sweet Secrets
    replied
    i heard skinceuticals is expensive and not very impressive? PCA got good raves though, can try.

Leave a comment:

• chiaberry
    replied
    I agree Skinceuticals is very expensive here. Much cheaper in the US, but they sell 30ml bottles (double the volume of SG's). My main concern is that it will turn brown before I finish it. Already people who bought the usual 15ml one in SG saying their turns brown.... PCA C-Quench is not bad. Dr. Calvin Chan sells it and gives 10% discount for cotters. It is 15% L-ascorbic acid. Check his clinic details in the Dr. Calvin Chan thread. I believe he moved to Wheelock or something. This is also much cheaper to order online from US if you have credit card and know how to ship via vPost, I can provide details. My main gripe with the C-Quench is that the pump dispenses far too much serum, which is more than I need for my face and neck, so I end up applying on my arms too. But I'm not sure if it's because I got this bottle as a free gift from one of the US websites and that pump might be defective or is it really supposed to be like that.

Leave a comment:

• DarthMO
    replied
    Eeeewww.... watery and brown??? >.<

Leave a comment:

• lladyrain
    replied
    Vivier Vitamin C products are photostable and stable until the expiry date on the container. Correct PH and form of L-Ascorbic Acid at 10% and above to be absorbed by the skin. Available at TTSH, Camden Medical Centre... don't know where else has it.

I have not tried Vivier. I have tried Skinceuticals and will not repurchase. Even when kept in the fridge, it turned watery and brown.

Leave a comment:

• DarthMO
    replied
    thanks for the advise! I'll go check it out!

Leave a comment:

• cocobelle
    replied
    yup.they are available here.skinceuticals can get from mypharmacy .com
    certain clinic are selling PCA.niks you can get from niks shop at midpoint orchard.
    i think skinceuticals is extremely expensive here!

Leave a comment:

• DarthMO
    replied
    thanks for the feedback! The Niks, PCA, Skinceuticals... I've never come across these products before. Are they available in sg? How much will it cost to get a good serum?

Leave a comment:

• chiaberry
    replied
    Body shop vit. C is not likely to have much activity. It's not the L- form of ascorbic acid and I don't think the pH of it is optimal. If you want a relatively cheap vit. C product with possible slight antioxidant effect, then you can consider it for maintaining and prevention rather than treatment. If you need it for skin brightening, helping with fine lines, anti-ageing, then you have to spend $$ and buy a good serum. The Niks, PCA, Skinceuticals products are recommended.

Leave a comment:

• Sweet Secrets
    replied
    i tried the vit c range before, tried the micro refiner, the energy mist, the day moisturiser and the serum and also the capsules. These range did nothing for me at all, made my face more dull instead. The vitamin capsules are not bad though and the serum, but the day moisturiser was horrible, my skin look so dull and not bright at all.

Leave a comment:

• DarthMO
    replied
    The Body Shop VIt C Range

Hi Ladies, have you come across the Vit C range in Body Shop? http://www.thebodyshop.com/bodyshop/...yId=cat1810005

I bought the micro refiner, and am thinking of getting the Time Release Capsule. I was given 1 capsule to try and the texture feels very smooth & silky. Any reviews or advise on whether the time release capsule is ok to use? I'm thinking of buying it to try since bodyshop has 20% off for members now. Are the ingredients good for the skin? I'm clueless what they are... Please help to advise. TIA!

Time Release Capsule Ingredients:
    Cyclomethicone, Polysilicone-11, Ascorbic Acid, Methyl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Bertholletia Excelsa (Brazil) Nut Oil, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Limonene, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Extract, Maltodextrin, Citrus Sinensis (Orange) Oil, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Propyl Gallate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Linalool, Citral.

Leave a comment:

• Sweet Secrets
    replied
    yeah TDF c scape serum has 10% vit c for anti aging.

Leave a comment:

• chiyochan
    replied
    Am using PCA C-Strength 15% currently.

Used to use TDF C scape, but has since stopped. Don't like it that the color of serum darkens over time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X