No announcement yet.

tiny little bumps on skin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by Eyore; 09-12-2007, 06:32 PM.

Comment

so what do you do to those bumps? do you still have it?

Comment

I used to have many small bumps on my skin too. but eversince i started using one shower gel, it clears.

Introduce to my frds too and they claimed the bumps on their skin clears too.

Anyone interested can PM me for more details.

Comment

i have them too but it's due to sensitive skin reaction...there was a period where there was so much i have to use products for sensitive skin to calm my skin

Comment

Last edited by Eyore; 09-12-2007, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jady_ View Post
              omg...$5 each...then i think it will cost a lot for me...since i hv qt a number of bumps like tt...
              where do u go to do the lasering?

Comment

Originally posted by Eyore View Post
                hi sweet secrets, care to share what brand is suitable for your sensitive skin?

i use avene products when my skin is extremely flared up...i was using thermal spray, skin recovery cream and their cleanance soapless gel that time.

I'm using cleanance soapless gel, HABA WL, avene thermal spray, avene moisturising lotion, skin revival's cleanser/toner/serum
                Last edited by Sweet Secrets; 15-04-2007, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Secrets View Post
                  i use avene products when my skin is extremely flared up...i was using thermal spray, skin recovery cream and their cleanance soapless gel that time.

I'm not using cleanance soapless gel, HABA WL, avene thermal spray, avene moisturising lotion, skin revival's cleanser/toner/serum

??? then what r u using ??

Comment

Hi girls,

I tend to have all these bumps recently.. are they know as clogged pores or whiteheads? mine usually will turn to zits with pus & very red. what happened & what caused it to flared up? sunblock?

Comment

oops sorry, i meant i'm using those products

Comment

Originally posted by snowcastle View Post
                        Hi girls,

I tend to have all these bumps recently.. are they know as clogged pores or whiteheads? mine usually will turn to zits with pus & very red. what happened & what caused it to flared up? sunblock?
                        are they whitish little raise bumps?
                        i think they are whiteheads which is also closed comedos.they become infected and turn into zits.NEVER squeeze whiteheads yourself because pore is not open. Forcibly removing a whitehead can damage the skin tissue and spread infection.
                        i think a good exfoliant and deep cleansing mask and proper cleansing and hydration can help.
                        whiteheads arent always due to oily skin.they could be caused by dehydration.skin producing more sebum,hoping to hydrate the skin back.
                        But outermost skin layer is dehydrated,leading to pore entrance being closed.
                        . Thus sebum got trapped right under the pore and thus comedo occur.NEVER neglect whiteheads as they are the first symptoms of acne.
                        Last edited by cocobelle; 16-04-2007, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Hi cocobell,thk u so much for your reply..

The bumps on my face are not exactly white, abit translucent though.. are they clogged pores or whiteheads? tried to apply pimple gel & it flares up to hugh zit with pus & usually take more than 1 week to heal. Is it advisable to go for facial?facial like clarins that does not do extraction would not be able to get rid of them right?

btw, what u have described is very similar to my face condition. I have very dry skin now & i have sensitive skin all the while.. recently my skin turns very red after cleansing & even cetephil stings my face. Could it be the AHA products that i am using? I really wander shld i stop to use it or not.. I am apply it once a day in the morning for abt 1.5 mths now. My skin is so dry that it flakes..but still, i have those bumps, & all the while, I thought I am having inner skin oily outer skin dry. :p But after your explaination, i think it is really due to the over dry face of my skin.

Comment

clogged pores = blackheads/whiteheads occur.pores are plug by dead skin cells which slough off from inside of the pore.instead of being eliminated,they clump together forming a plug.
                            if surface of the pore is open,blackheads occur.if surface of the pore is covered by thin layer of skin,whiteheads occur in the form of tiny,white pearly hard bumps.they cant be squeezed out unless by a sterilized needle but only done by professional.i used to go for facial to removed them but as some of them are too embedded,even my beautician cant remove them too.so they pop into big red zits.what is the % of AHA you are using?.it would have to depend on how mild or severe your peeling is.most people will experiece some peeling when started AHA.however,long term peeling is unhealthy for the skin.if it is just just flakiness,you can still use it but reduce the usage.instead of daily,you may used it on alternate days and remember to put moisturizer and sunblock.if the irritation still occur,consider stopping it altogether.and also if peeling comes with crusting,itch bumps and such,then it maybe that the product is too strong and you will need to consult your doc.
                            some pore clogging ingredients may also contribute to the formation of comedones.such as isopropyl myristate,isopropyl palmitate,mineral oil,lanolin oil.
                            these 3 ingredients octyl palmitate,decyl oleate,myristyl myristate,maybe pore clogging too although some books stated it is safe.
                            Last edited by cocobelle; 19-04-2007, 06:04 AM.

Comment

Shouldn't use AHA products more than 10% on a regular basis. Likely to cause thinning of the skin. Good suggestion to use alternate days. What are you using for? If it's blackheads/whiteheads, then can try BHA instead of AHA. Somewhat more gentle if you use 1% BHA. AHA is more for anti-ageing, esp. the higher concentrations.

This is a really good review on AHA and BHA:
                              http://www.cosmeticscop.com/learn/art.asp?ID=159

Comment

i use aha products of 15% to 20% regularly last time and i ended up with really sensitive and burnt skin. I advised that aha products shouldn't be used in high concentration for a prolonged period. Heard that BHA is more effective than AHA in dissolving clogs as it's oil soluble whereas AHA is water soluble.

Comment

Working...
                                X