X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks keiko .

Comment

Originally posted by Chantille
      ohh ya jj_magic, where do u purchase your 100% aloe vera gel ?
      hi, if you read the previous entries, califit suggested Nature's Farm, and ryl suggested GNC so perhaps you'd like to try either of these places?

another alternative is to try Banana Boat. they have a 100% aloe vera gel too. it's meant more for aftersun care or sunburnt skin but i've used it on my face before with no ill effects.
      Last edited by vixette; 05-01-2004, 02:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vixette
        another alternative is to try Banana Boat. they have a 100% aloe vera gel too. it's meant more for aftersun care or sunburnt skin but i've used it on my face before with no ill effects.
        Ditto on the banana boat
        they work nice when u have sensitive skin and suffer from allergies...

Comment

Hi JJ, I guess the brand is called Lily of the desert? Its a certified aloe item from some American aloe association. None of the products in the market will consist of 100% aloe vera, in terms of
          concentration but if in terms of purity %, yes. It needs preservative, thickeners and other ingredients to make it stable. Easiet way is simply lookout if aloe is placed on top of the ingredient list.

Any aloe gel can be used as a mask for soothing/whitening/healing effect < read from a source too. Think needs several applications to see effect . But I tried before a few times with zilch result though, hehe. Too mild for my thick-skin. Good for my rashes before (its a gel, hence not much moisturization) until I switch to the good old St. Luke's pricking heat powder.

Asprin mask might be too strong for your sensitive skin cos its has some exfoliation effect.

Comment

i alway mix aloe vera gal with my mask, and put the gal on the acne it really help but it does need to take some time. don't put too thick just a thin layer will do. HTH

Comment

is the aloe vera gel from GNC or nature's farm better? and how many ml is the bottle? and what are the effects after using it? anyone tried jourbi (spelling?)?

Comment

eh considering jourbi (spell?!?), nature's farm, GNC and forver living aloe vera gel/products. anyone can help me? don't know which one is better among these few. have a headache. ???.

Comment

ok girls,
                  Today i just bought the aloe vera gel at nature farm cost S$10.60 . Hmm it says can use as moisturizer for sensitive skin ? Can we use on our leaft over marks ???? ??

Comment

oh ya can tell me the price of those products i have mentioned above and how many ml per bottle? thanx! =)

Comment

Originally posted by Chantille
                      Hmm it says can use as moisturizer for sensitive skin ? Can we use on our leaft over marks ???? ??
                      what leftover marks are you referring to Chantille? scars? pimple marks? :sotong:

Comment

Originally posted by vixette
                        what leftover marks are you referring to Chantille? scars? pimple marks? :sotong:

there is one pimples marks on my forehead recently due to my period. so can i apply the gel on that one pimples .

Comment

Threads merged.

Chantille, if the pimple has sort of healed, I guess applying the gel on the scab is fairly safe.

Comment

Digging this thread up again, cos I want to know where to get that Jorubi aloe vera's products. Anyone knows?

I'm using Lily of the Desert Gelly now, it's not hydrating enough, cos I can feel this tightening sensation after the gel dried up. Is Jorubi better in terms of moisturising/hydrating effect?

TIA.

Comment

Have only tried Jorubi so can't compare with othes. Jorubi's great for soothing burnt skin, acne, insect bites and also ulcers. works good as a moisturiser if your skin is not overly dry too. this served me well during the period when i had a sudden breakout.

Jorubi can be found at most places like pharmacies, robinsons, etc, but i got mine from a corner shop selling skincare/bodycare stuff opposite the OG taxi stand at People's Park for only $15.80 plus a small travel sized bottle free.

Comment

Thanks wonderkid, but what's the size of the gel? I visited the website, they like have many other aloe products too... but so far I only seen that aloe gel, and i forgot where i seen it...

I'll try to see if Guardian has them tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X