X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hairloss Treatment

hi ladies,

is there any advise to this subject?

as to how to prevent hair from further dropping or is there any recommended shampoo or what?

TIA

my hair is also dropping like crazy... but my doc said no signs of balding yet. but i got some hair tonic from pharmacies.... tried a few brands but dun seem to work that well.... :roll:

maybe its natural to drop hair... hmm... i think compared to before using hair tonic, im dropping less hair now...

Comment

apparently it's normal to drop up to 100 strands of hair a day

Comment

at one point of time, i also thought i was going bald coz i felt that i dropped a lot of hair. but up till now, i'm still fine!

Blossom - what tonic are you using? thanks!

Comment

Blossom - what tonic are you using? thanks!
          i cant remember the brand im using now.... :huh: hmm... i got it from watsons. there's a section where all the hair tonic is. maybe you can chk it out.

Comment

I've got a bald spot too cos I always tie my hair too tightly and I've got thick and heavy hair.. hehe..

Comment

Originally posted by qiu
              I've got a bald spot too cos I always tie my hair too tightly and I've got thick and heavy hair.. hehe..
              same here... i used to do that too until my fren told me not to. she said that will add stress to the hair... :wheee:

Comment

hi ladies,

perhaps you can try a course of biotin (available at GNC).

for shampoos, try something that is gentle on the scalp. i have used shampoos that have actually caused further hair loss. for some reason, i can't get loreal or pantene to work on me. for gentle shampoos, i love aesop's gentle scalp cleanser and nioxin.

Comment

Originally posted by michannat
                  hi ladies,

perhaps you can try a course of biotin (available at GNC).

for shampoos, try something that is gentle on the scalp. i have used shampoos that have actually caused further hair loss. for some reason, i can't get loreal or pantene to work on me. for gentle shampoos, i love aesop's gentle scalp cleanser and nioxin.
                  where can i get the above shampoo, as i never heard of it before

and ya, my uncle has oily scalp is it good for him?

he seems nonchalent about the problem but i can't stand it.

Comment

Quio,
                    Are you asking on your Uncle's behalf?
                    If he is not-bothered, don't see why you should too ;_

If it's male-pattern-balding, it's most likely to be hormonal.
                    The only topical medication endorsed by the orthodox doctors is Minoxidil available from pharmacy.
                    And since research has nailed down male balding pretty well by now, males also have the option of taking medication that counters the effect of hormones causing the balding.

Oily scalp is usually linked to such hormonal causes of balding.

Hormonal balding in females is more bleak because physically, we are more vulnerable to the effects of messing around with our reproductive hormones. Thus, it's usually not an option for us to undergo hormone treatment for balding.

Comment

hi quio,

i got nioxin from the states and aesop from australia.

you'll find aesop in singapore pretty soon. there's an aesop thread in cozyskin. they have lovely skincare products as well.

as for nioxin, jewel has mentioned that she managed to get hers from one of the salons at raffles city. when i do stock up, will post the addie here.

like paphio has said, your uncle can try minoxidil if he's experiencing male pattern balding. this can be bought at the pharmacies. you have to ask the pharmacist for it though. this used to be only available at trichologists or docs. IIRC, it's about $100 for a bottle. results can be seen 4-5 months later. some may take up to a year. according to the advertisement, some have reported new hair growth.

do let us know what you do get eventually.

Comment

ya i know i shouldn't be so nosy, but I feel that to a certain extent he might care, you know what I meant?

so i am thinking of finding out and let him know the rest is up to him

thanks ladies for the information :D

i will take them down,

Comment

Hi hi....

Perhaps you might want to try ... Audace Regan?? Cause mum is also balding but she's using it.. and it seems to have improved a bit.....

Mine is too...... however the hairdresser said that my hair is just very fine and the pores are very far from each other..so it just looks like its thinning....hmm...... i'm using .. Klorane..

you might want to ask ur uncle to try?? just my 2 cents worth....

Comment

Originally posted by gen4sure
                            Perhaps you might want to try ... Audace Regan?? Cause mum is also balding but she's using it.. and it seems to have improved a bit.....
                            i've checked my bottle... i'm using audace regan too....

Comment

Originally posted by Blossom
                              i've checked my bottle... i'm using audace regan too....
                              where can i get that? and the cost?

TIA

Comment

Working...
                              X