No announcement yet.

Your *BEST* Night Cream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wondering.. how old do we start applying night creams..eye creams to prevent the dryness and wrinkles in the future?
    Wat do we start with? Wat are night creams and these morning creams for?
    just have no clue bout them.. and would like to do some preventive work. would someone kindly enlighten me?

Comment

Ideally, you should start as soon as you possibly can. There're some who started since their late teens, or at least during their 20s. The primary point is to use appropriate products for your skin type, and secondary, your age group.

More later..

Comment

i'm also curious to know what is the difference between a good moisturiser and a night cream or day cream ?

If one has oily skin, does she still need to pile on the night cream after the routine moisturiser ?

I remembered reading an article by a guy in the skincare industry and he said that stuff like Night Cream are just new ideas or u may say.. gimmicks that the skincare industry come up with because he claim that our skin cannot differentiate between day and night anywayz so the so-called night cream is pretty much redundant.

Comment

OK I am also another aunty here who needs major help (didn't know there were so many self-confessed aunties here

I have oily, bumpy and ageing skin. Dunno what to get and dunno where to start. I think better if I start clearing up the bumps and balancing my overactive oil glands and then go for anti-ageing...however was wondering if there is anything out there that will help with oil, bumps (pores I think) and ageing all at the same time?

Comment

Of late, the only nite care I'm using is Darphin's Purifying Balm ( all thanks to a sweet sweet girl who got it for me), and wow, I woke up to a glowing, soft clearer skin than the nite before. It looks like vaseline in the pot, and when I apply on my face, it looks kinda of shiny, but hmmm.. for the results I get the next morning... I really don't mind.
            Last edited by Glossie; 27-12-2003, 01:35 PM.

Comment

where did u get that balm?I'm anxiously looking out for good skin care products for the night.

Comment

Oh.. I got a sample pot from a sweet girl. You'll can try the MUA or check out the local salon to see if they would pass you some samples to try out. It's really great for my currently stressed out skin!
                Last edited by dolphin; 07-05-2003, 04:01 PM.

Comment

My fav night cream now is Biotherm D-Stress Nuit - fabulous smell and fantastic texture. I now wake up with soft and supple skin that radiates every morning

Comment

abeth Arden Good Night Cream. Smells nice & makes my skin REALLY SOFT

Comment

ariel, everytime u say this, i'm tempted to take out my stashed biotherm d-stress nuit to try, argh!

i'm now using nuxe creme fraiche - good basic stuff that works for me except that i hate the scent and it feels sticky on my face altho' it doesn't feel greasy...maybe i should pass it to my mother

Originally posted by Ariel
                      My fav night cream now is Biotherm D-Stress Nuit - fabulous smell and fantastic texture. I now wake up with soft and supple skin that radiates every morning

Comment

Originally posted by bluebubble

i'm now using nuxe creme fraiche - good basic stuff that works for me except that i hate the scent and it feels sticky on my face altho' it doesn't feel greasy...maybe i should pass it to my mother
                        I'm the opposite! I find this cream absorbs into my skin and I the scent. I find the scent very evocative. :ROFL:

Comment

i just did tonight and i it, smells great and sinks right into my skin! and eeps i only have the GWPs of the moisturizer but a full-size of the serum :Read!:

Originally posted by Ariel
                          Try it, Stella

Comment

My best night cream so far.... La Mer!

Although it's waaaay to rich too use every night... especially nowadays when the nights are so hot and humid $#^$^$&$!!!

But I've seen quite a bit of improvement just by using La Mer every alternate night or once every three days or so.... love it... hope it continue to work for me .... I know this cream tends to break people up after a while.

Comment

Night Moisturisers

As above, if so... what skin type do you have and what brand do you like? Preferably <$80 pls...

I have combination skin and been breaking out rather badly, have quite sensitive skin ***'s allergic to AHA. TIA for your replies

Last edited by nicole; 04-09-2003, 06:31 PM.

Comment

hihi,
                                usually i would apply biotherm's de-stress nuit, good for my combi skin..but i think u did say that u can't really take Biotherm's products..

i also alternate with Kose's Sekkesei emulsion..not too oily works just fine!

Comment

Working...
                                X